Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

93 Mitsubishi Eclipse. 132,xxx miles... Runs great.. Fast.. Want and Evolution though =)

Don't we all want an Evo? They are just far too much brand new and you won't find a used one unmolested.

93 Mitsubishi Eclipse. 132,xxx miles... Runs great.. Fast.. Want and Evolution though =)

Don't we all want an Evo? They are just far too much brand new and you won't find a used one unmolested.

Psshh i dont want an evo...i want a wrx sti :P

Psshh i dont want an evo...i want a wrx sti :P

Speaking of not finding a used one that hasn't been run into the ground.

C'Mon. Look at the ads, Chadd. They're all Adult Owned and in immaculate condition.

Edited by Thockey17

C'Mon. Look at the ads, Chadd. They're all Adult Owned and in immaculate condition.

Does having mom as a co-signor qualify as adult owned?

2007 VW GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH's, various European trim pieces, some minor engine mods... my daily driver averaging between 27 and 31mpg per fill up (yes I'm anal about calculating it every time). She will turn 2 on Feb 16th and I've just rolled past the 50k mile mark last week (yes I drive a lot). There will be some more mods this coming year and many more miles of course, overall I've been really happy with the car and enjoy driving it every time I get the chance.

3158872275_a72c26f156.jpg

Anyone else here part of www.vwvortex.com ?

I'm on the 'tex, don't post much at all but I lurk every day.

I go through phases of lurking and posting, usually just stick to my local forums and the photography forum when I do actually post. It's a great way to kill time at work :lol:

Anybody owned or driven a Trailblazer? My current truck is not doing so well and I've been considering one of these. Traiblazer SS of course. I'm also considering a Jeep Cherokee SRT8 but I've been pricing out a few and it would cost me quite a bit more, Plus i've never been a big mopar fan. Ive never been inside a trailblazer but I like them and the sound of a 6L LS2 in a midsize SUV is just dandy.

2007 VW GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH's, various European trim pieces, some minor engine mods... my daily driver averaging between 27 and 31mpg per fill up (yes I'm anal about calculating it every time). She will turn 2 on Feb 16th and I've just rolled past the 50k mile mark last week (yes I drive a lot). There will be some more mods this coming year and many more miles of course, overall I've been really happy with the car and enjoy driving it every time I get the chance.

3158872275_a72c26f156.jpg

That is hot. Love the gold shoes.

Anybody owned or driven a Trailblazer? My current truck is not doing so well and I've been considering one of these. Traiblazer SS of course. I'm also considering a Jeep Cherokee SRT8 but I've been pricing out a few and it would cost me quite a bit more, Plus i've never been a big mopar fan. Ive never been inside a trailblazer but I like them and the sound of a 6L LS2 in a midsize SUV is just dandy.

My dad bought an '08 standard TrailBlazer. It's pretty decent, rides smooth. When I'm sitting properly in the seat my head hits the headliner though. The pedal-to-seat-to-wheel angles aren't ideal for me, but I don't mind driving it that much. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about however. I think 18 highway is all he gets with the 6cyl.

For God's sake, do NOT buy a Chrysler product. They are hands down the worst of the Big 3 across the board.

On another note, my marathon Detroit->Harrisburg->Philadelphia->Detroit travel from 9am Monday to 2am Wednesday means I'm back in business. Good thing the cop only tagged me at 83 and not 110 when I decided to open it up on I-75 south of Detroit. She's getting winters and new shoes (black steels baby!) when I get up to school, finally have garage space enough to store a second set of wheels.

IMG_0110.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rustpot/IMG_0108.jpg

Edited by Rustpot

Have this sitting in the garage waiting for the spring

http://www.thetorquereport.com/mazdaspeed_3-thumb.jpg

Its the Speed3 not the GT, sorry I don't have a picture of the actual car but its covered up and 2 hours away from me right now.

Hoping to get the the mazdaspeed CAI for it, but have to wait for Mazda to re-engineer it hopefully back on the market when it comes out.

8.5 hoping to throw some more stuff into it, undecided at the moment really CAI is a must. I want to keep it to speed parts until the Warranty is finished just incase something goes wrong. I've looked into the mazdaspeed exhaust but it really doesn't add that much to the overall power. I've got a contact at mazda who has his own shop (strictly works with turbos) and hes fully done his MS3 so i may take it to him to get certain things done. The car is still a blast to drive(although only once) i'm sure like anything i'll want to throw something more into it. We are all gear whores we can't just be satisfied with what we have.

8.5 hoping to throw some more stuff into it, undecided at the moment really CAI is a must. I want to keep it to speed parts until the Warranty is finished just incase something goes wrong. I've looked into the mazdaspeed exhaust but it really doesn't add that much to the overall power. I've got a contact at mazda who has his own shop (strictly works with turbos) and hes fully done his MS3 so i may take it to him to get certain things done. The car is still a blast to drive(although only once) i'm sure like anything i'll want to throw something more into it. We are all gear whores we can't just be satisfied with what we have.

The MS3's are real nice. Don't be afraid of of the voiding your warranty myth as far as modding the car goes and what parts to use... there's no such thing as a cars warranty being voided entirely. If there is a problem with the car, and they can relate it to a modified part, then they can refuse to perform those specific repairs under warranty... but that doesn't mean your warranty is void (magnusson-moss warranty act is the legal precedent behind this). Besides, just find a dealer who is cool w/ mods and you'll have nothing to worry about :D I've got a good number of mods done to my car and I still get warranty work done, I just know that if say I have an issue w/ my suspension that I won't be going to the dealer but rather fixing it myself.

Yeah, I'd look into Cobb's SRI and Accessport (really the only good tune for the MS3 at the moment). Even without an aftermarket exhaust, that may be your best bet on reletively cheap gains.