Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Saw a Nissan GT-R wiz by me today in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I need to rethink my cars and go more sporty. That car was hot!

One went by me and my dad heading in the other direction a few months ago...we later realized we both watched it for 30 seconds and neither of us was watching the road :blink:

The GT-R is a great car for the money. Insanely fast but the ride is a little choppy, which can be a little scary when going quickly on back roads.

Saw a Nissan GT-R wiz by me today in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I need to rethink my cars and go more sporty. That car was hot!

One went by me and my dad heading in the other direction a few months ago...we later realized we both watched it for 30 seconds and neither of us was watching the road :blink:

The GT-R is a great car for the money. Insanely fast but the ride is a little choppy, which can be a little scary when going quickly on back roads.

My friend works for GM and has driven both the GTR and the Corvette ZR1 and he said he would take the GTR because of the AWD and the ZR1 was louder because of the back wheels picking up every rock on the road, along with other things that made him like the GTR more.

The ZR1 is one of the few supercars I haven't driven but the reason the ZR1 is louder is the rear tires are massive. It needs the huge tires in the back for traction but one of the side effects is a lot of road noise. I have driven many more rear drive cars that feel much more stable than the GT-R, although not many more that are faster in a straight line. The 480 HP rating is a joke.

The ZR1 is one of the few supercars I haven't driven but the reason the ZR1 is louder is the rear tires are massive. It needs the huge tires in the back for traction but one of the side effects is a lot of road noise. I have driven many more rear drive cars that feel much more stable than the GT-R, although not many more that are faster in a straight line. The 480 HP rating is a joke.

Yeah that car is sharp too.

Not anything I'll be driving anytime soon...but has anyone else seen the new Escalades with the 'fade' paint job...?

I've seen Red/Maroon to Black and Hot Pink to White. I gotta say the red to black looks damn nice...pink to white...not so much.

The 480 HP rating is a joke.

Why do companies understate horsepower? I would expect it to be the opposite.

Edited by pat19

The 480 HP rating is a joke.

Why do companies understate horsepower? I would expect it to be the opposite.

Just like during the muscle car era......lower "factory ratings" equal lower insurance rates. ;)

The gt-r is underrated in HP because every motor is handmade, so Nissan claims that the Hp varies from car to car.

480 is not going to push a car of the GT-R's weight to the kinds of numbers it makes, no way..no how. Although Nissan did lie about those, too, but thats a whole 'nother story.

A Z06 will still walk on a GT-R, and the ZR1 would absolutely eat one apart.

480 is not going to push a car of the GT-R's weight to the kinds of numbers it makes, no way..no how. Although Nissan did lie about those, too, but thats a whole 'nother story.

I'm not so sure about the Z06 being faster than a GT-R. The GT-R is faster to 60 and is quicker in Motor Trend's figure 8 test (24.1 s). The ZR1 is 0.4 sec faster (23.7) and the Z06 0.3 sec slower (24.4).

For a larger scale, the GT-R lapped the Nurburgring in 7:29, while the Z06 did a 7:56 (both with factory drivers). The ZR1 did a 7:22.

The 480 hp rating has something to do with a power limit in Japan. There were/are laws limiting the amount of HP a car has and all cars are limited to a top speed of 112 mph.

I'm not so sure about the Z06 being faster than a GT-R. The GT-R is faster to 60 and is quicker in Motor Trend's figure 8 test (24.1 s). The ZR1 is 0.4 sec faster (23.7) and the Z06 0.3 sec slower (24.4).

For a larger scale, the GT-R lapped the Nurburgring in 7:29, while the Z06 did a 7:56 (both with factory drivers). The ZR1 did a 7:22.

Reading stats from publishers is one thing, real world racing is another.

Like i said before, a STOCK Z06 will walk on a GT-R. The only thing a GT-R might have on the Z is the sprint to 60. After that, the Z will not look back all the way up to 190+

...And if you still continue to believe a stock production GT-R ran the 'ring in a 7:29, you have absolutely NO credibility.

The 480 hp rating has something to do with a power limit in Japan. There were/are laws limiting the amount of HP a car has and all cars are limited to a top speed of 112 mph.

This is the REAL world baby...you take the Z06 and GTR on a roll, and like said previously, the Z06 will just walk away, hell, theres video of a Z06 walking a gallardo...supposedly stock...but that gives you some idea, the Z06 is some car for the money, in the end its just a corvette though.

Zach

This is the REAL world baby...you take the Z06 and GTR on a roll, and like said previously, the Z06 will just walk away, hell, theres video of a Z06 walking a gallardo...supposedly stock...but that gives you some idea, the Z06 is some car for the money, in the end its just a corvette though.

Zach

real drag racing isnt from a roll. on the street the gtr will take it hands down in a 1/4 mile because the z06 will just spin and get side ways the first couple of gears and by the time it catches traction the gtr will be gone. now if you take it to the track and the z06 is running slicks then you have a better race. and top speed doesnt matter in drag racing, a stock z06 will probly have a trap speed anywhere from 125-135.

Reading stats from publishers is one thing, real world racing is another.

Like i said before, a STOCK Z06 will walk on a GT-R. The only thing a GT-R might have on the Z is the sprint to 60. After that, the Z will not look back all the way up to 190+

...And if you still continue to believe a stock production GT-R ran the 'ring in a 7:29, you have absolutely NO credibility.

in a time attack event its not all about how much power you make, its all about how well the car is set up, suspension plays a HUGE factor in how a car performs in a time attack. if i told you a honda fit, with a stock motor with just minor bolt on's, intake,header,exhaust,chipped ecu tuned. but the suspension set up on this car is amazing, beating a modifed evo or running the same time as a stock nsx in a 3 hour time attack race you would probly think im crazy and i have no idea what im talking about. but there really is a fit that spoon racing built only making around 125hp that beat a modifed evo here in california at thunderhill race track and the first time they took it out ran the same times that a stock nsx ran(but this was in japan) lol

soooo long story short lol.... the gtr might be set up better suspension wise which would make it faster arounnd the figure 8 track.

Edited by k24a2fast4ya

2002 Ford Ranger supercab yeah im def not ballin :(

side note about the talk of the gtr.

We should wait and see whats the next model gonna get.

its been a while since Nissan made this type of car so give them a break.