Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

She will be replaced by months end.

The M5 was replaced, yes, but the RS4 is only temporary.

2e5t9mp.jpg

Still trying to find the "right" replacement. If all goes as planned, it will be a HOT summer. :huh:

*pic*

Still trying to find the "right" replacement. If all goes as planned, it will be a HOT summer. :huh:

You should import an R34 Skyline. B)

How does the RS4 compare to the M3?

Also nice Range Rover and 360 too. :)

Edited by Guitarmy

Also nice Range Rover and 360 too. :)

I like the red Camaro. 67, 68, or 69?

You should import an R34 Skyline. B)

Importing an R34 is not worth my time or money. Not a knock on the car, but its just too much of a hassle to do.

Compared to the E46 M3, the RS4 is better all around, IMO. I've always felt the E46 was underpowered. Thanks to the torque, or lack of from the S54, you really have to get in and rev it up to get it going. Im actually surprised at the low end in the RS4, coming from a modded M5. I expected more of a letdown, but i think the gearing is quite optimized in the RS4. The RS4's ride in certainly more harsh than any stock M3/M5 i've driven. The quattro system in it is great, but i'll always prefer RWD.

Other than that, I dont have enough seat time in the Audi to comment on.

I like the red Camaro. 67, 68, or 69?

It actually belongs to one of my dads friends. Its an orange '69. Other than that, i dont know much about it. He just needed a garage and we have some extra room.

OK, I'm going with the Venza. My wife wants heated seats, but that only comes with the Leather package.

Is the Leather package worth the extra $1700 or so, and is it hard to maintain (never had leather before).

I'm debating on the sunroof, too.

a venza's just an oversized camry =D is it more expensive?

what else do you get with the leather package? i think leather is easier to keep clean and stuff but when it cracks it looks real bad

edit: if you get a stronger engine in the leather package you won't regret it...just my 2 cents

Edited by K9 Unit

Compared to the E46 M3, the RS4 is better all around, IMO. I've always felt the E46 was underpowered. Thanks to the torque, or lack of from the S54, you really have to get in and rev it up to get it going. Im actually surprised at the low end in the RS4, coming from a modded M5. I expected more of a letdown, but i think the gearing is quite optimized in the RS4. The RS4's ride in certainly more harsh than any stock M3/M5 i've driven. The quattro system in it is great, but i'll always prefer RWD.

i'm going to have to disagree. the rs4 is a great highway car, but the m3 has near-perfect weight distribution, limited slip diff, and much less weight. the rs4 would win in a drag race, but if you throw turns into the mix, the rs4's poor weight distribution, weak awd system, and extra ballast are its downfall. the audi awd system is (from a technical standpoint) one of the least advanced awd systems out there, with open differentials and a limited and fixed center diff. thats not to say i wouldnt mind one as a daily driver, but as a performance car, the rs4 would never do it for me, since it still suffers from the same downsides that my old s4 had. awesome engine, though!

Edited by s4gobabygo

a venza's just an oversized camry =D is it more expensive?

what else do you get with the leather package? i think leather is easier to keep clean and stuff but when it cracks it looks real bad

edit: if you get a stronger engine in the leather package you won't regret it...just my 2 cents

Yes, the Venza is like the station wagon version of a Camry / Avalon, and it is more expensive. We are going with the V6 engine and AWD. It's made in Kentucky, so the money will kind of stay in North America.

I'm worried about the leather cracking, especially with the dry summers and winters that we get in Calgary, but my wife really really wants the seat warmers.

There is a premium package that comes with leather and the seat warmers, but it has all kinds of things (e.g. chrome handles) that we don't want and it's $8000 or so.

The leather package has just leather seats and panel accents, and the seat warmers.

ahh right...the v6 should do fine...but like most toyota's its prolly a lil underpowered

1700 for leather seats and panel accents? ouch...thats your call mate

i'm going to have to disagree. the rs4 is a great highway car, but the m3 has near-perfect weight distribution, limited slip diff, and much less weight. the rs4 would win in a drag race, but if you throw turns into the mix, the rs4's poor weight distribution, weak awd system, and extra ballast are its downfall. the audi awd system is (from a technical standpoint) one of the least advanced awd systems out there, with open differentials and a limited and fixed center diff. thats not to say i wouldnt mind one as a daily driver, but as a performance car, the rs4 would never do it for me, since it still suffers from the same downsides that my old s4 had. awesome engine, though!

But that is all this car has to do for me. Withstand some spirited driving on the highways and on back roads throughout town while getting to the places i need to be. Hardly a place to push a car of its stature to the limits. I just dont have time to be the weekend track junkie. But even if I did, i would not be tracking an M3 or RS4 anyways. I'd be in something super lightweight. Either an Exige or Ariel Atom would work pretty well, i'd say.

If desired, I also have access to one the best cars ever built(IMO of course) sitting in the garage. That being the Challenge Stradale you can see lurking in the picture above. Theres also another pretty special vehicle enroute to our collection aswell. Think Orange. :blink:

Edited by Thockey17

ahh right...the v6 should do fine...but like most toyota's its prolly a lil underpowered

Underpowered? Where are you getting your information guy? Maybe the Yaris? Even that has enough snap to get you by,

-My brother just bought an 04' Tundra, leather interior and heated and all that jazz, and it's pretty mint, and were in Red Deer.

If desired, I also have access to one the best cars ever built(IMO of course) sitting in the garage. That being the Challenge Stradale you can see lurking in the picture above. Theres also another pretty special vehicle enroute to our collection aswell. Think Orange. :blink:

Hmmmm.

Orange makes me think Mandarin makes me think China. With your taste, would it be a Geely GE? ;)

But that is all this car has to do for me. Withstand some spirited driving on the highways and on back roads throughout town while getting to the places i need to be. Hardly a place to push a car of its stature to the limits. I just dont have time to be the weekend track junkie. But even if I did, i would not be tracking an M3 or RS4 anyways. I'd be in something super lightweight. Either an Exige or Ariel Atom would work pretty well, i'd say.

nice cars. the m3 is for instructing at HPDE events only. for racing purposes, i'm in a true lightweight... a formula ford 1600. hoping to move to formula continental within the next couple years.

as for the orange, i'm guessing GT3-RS. amazing car! i had the chance drive one for a day at summit point raceway last year. what a machine. not something to be played with, though... tons of grip (up to a point, then BAM it's gone, like every porsche), and classic porsche rear-heavy weight distribution. a death trap at the hands of an inexperienced and overzealous driver... it really wants to be backwards. what a rewarding car for the attentive driver, though! i might have to shed a tear about the challenge stradale not ever seeing the track, though! that would be like ordering custom X-60's, then only using them at public skating :P i highly recommend taking it to a ferrari club event. their instructors are great.

If desired, I also have access to one the best cars ever built(IMO of course) sitting in the garage. That being the Challenge Stradale you can see lurking in the picture above. Theres also another pretty special vehicle enroute to our collection aswell. Think Orange. :angry:

Could it be one of these? :P

800px-McLaren_F1_LM.jpg

Edited by Guitarmy

Underpowered? Where are you getting your information guy? Maybe the Yaris? Even that has enough snap to get you by,

-My brother just bought an 04' Tundra, leather interior and heated and all that jazz, and it's pretty mint, and were in Red Deer.

its gonna have enough...but you'll definitely feel your load if you get me, but it'll be a solid family car nothing that'll blow you away though...but i guess your set on that

never drove a pickup in my life...so got nothing to compare that to

its gonna have enough...but you'll definitely feel your load if you get me, but it'll be a solid family car nothing that'll blow you away though...but i guess your set on that

never drove a pickup in my life...so got nothing to compare that to

It's me who is getting the Venza, and QandA has added to your post to help me out about the power.

Anyways, I can see how the cloth is wearing away in my 14 yr-old Civic hatchback, but the cost for leather only is a little too much for me, so we'll probably go with cloth seats. 2-month wait after I order it!

Nice selection buddy!

Can I ask how you found the S4? I used to have an A4 QT and found it a beautiful car, but very boring. I need somehting to tow my race car with and be my daily and the S4 fits the bill. How was reliability? I've heard they have a few issues...

Nice selection buddy!

Can I ask how you found the S4? I used to have an A4 QT and found it a beautiful car, but very boring. I need somehting to tow my race car with and be my daily and the S4 fits the bill. How was reliability? I've heard they have a few issues...

thanks. what kind of racecar are you towing? i tow my m3 and formula ford with an old GMC V8 pickup that i got for $3000. i never drive that truck other than to/from the racetrack, with a trailer on the back. i'll try to get some pictures of the formula ford 1600 up soon, but i keep it at a warehouse (along with the truck) away from home.

the B5 S4 was a great daily driver. if i could do it again (and i might), i'd find one that has never been modified whatsoever, and either leave the drivetrain absolutely stock (except for a samco hose kit), or just go all the way and do a complete OEM RS4 engine/turbo upgrade. mine was chipped and had a number of other go-fast modifications, which made it a true rocket on the highway, but it was a ticking time bomb. turbos were failing, head gasket leaking, rear main seal leaking, etc. that's not speaking badly of the car, though... that was a result of the modifications i did to it, and the amount of time it spent on the track. if properly maintained, and conservatively/smartly modified, it's a perfectly reliable car. the funny thing is my 135i drives like an e46 m3 with a chipped b5 s4 motor.

unless you have a particular soft spot for the B5 S4 (twin turbo v6 like i had), i'd suggest looking at a B6 S4 (made from 2004-2005.5). it's a naturally aspirated V8, and only slightly more expensive than a B5. you'd likely have less maintenance on one of those, and it would definitely make a better tow vehicle. (this is all assuming you're towing something rather light).

The wife and I have an '02 Lexus IS 300 that has over 120k miles on it and a '07 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 diesel.

is300s are badass, but the back seats dont fold down so you gotta use the little ski hole in th middle!!!

^^Ultimate car in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind a P11 either but the headlights remind me of a Nissan so I probobly won't get one... :P

if anything they look like a nsx from the front

The wife and I have an '02 Lexus IS 300 that has over 120k miles on it and a '07 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 diesel.

is300s are badass, but the back seats dont fold down so you gotta use the little ski hole in th middle!!!

^^Ultimate car in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind a P11 either but the headlights remind me of a Nissan so I probobly won't get one... :P

if anything they look like a nsx from the front

Speaking of the NSX: http://japancarblog.com/gordon-murray-talk...acura-honda-ns/

Nice little read about the NSX from Gordon Murray.

New engine... ready for the dyno (photo taken before newer headers were bought). Unfortunately it's for the race car and not the daily driver, lol. :D

race_mtr.JPG