Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

I haven't but my dad has at the Barber Motorsports park on the track and off road. He says it's absolutely amazing. Apparently it's faster around the track than the base 997 Carrera in the hands of a pro.

personally, i didnt like it at all.

2006 BMW 530i (sport, shadow line & convenience packages)

2008 Chevy Equinox LS (stock)

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, (dual chipped and upgraded turbo = 580 hp)

hoping to dump the equinox soon, and trade 530i for the new X6-M.

are you serious? that new x6 is uglyyyyyy imo...i would take that 5 series any day over tht x6

http://media.nextautos.com/images/BMW_X6_concept_rear.jpg

i didnt like it when it first came out either, but it grew on me... and the X6-M is slated to have 550 horsepower.

So will the much better looking imo X5-M

i see that... however, the X6 is unique, whereas every second SUV in vancouver is some incarnation of the X5... plus the X6 drives more like a car, which i like.

I drive this....

The car will put a Viper to shame

DSC01476.jpg

IMG_8706.jpg

Bleh. That's kinda slow I think. :P

Here's what I wheeled for a few seasons in the mid/late '90's. Ran into the 6's with a little 388" small block and a conservative tuneup on it:

mwfca97.jpg

Still have this too but need to update to the new 17" front wheels/tires and do some chassis updates to be legal again. Went as quick as a 7.16 @ 191 back in late '91 with a 458" big block making 1053 hp. New little small block is only going to be around 700 hp:

716_run.jpg

Here's what happened first time out on a good track... before we put the wheelie bar on (and took off the wing which actually slowed the car down), lol:

wheelie.jpg

Edited by Too Old

2007 Chrysler 300 Touring. Steel Blue.

I destroyed one of those outside Philly. Might have been an '06 T in deep blue.

300 : Smashed to the firewall

Volvo wagon : missing a bumper

Got my money together and im looking at a 2000's Monte Carlo. I have $8000 to spend (sold new fourwheeler), any word on these cars? They reliable? Theres a 2002 Grand Marquis here mint shape barely 100k km on it for 5500 as well.

Never liked the look of the that era Monte Carlo. Plus, I find that GMs of the early 2000s are crap. They just weren't trying at that point.

My dad had a 2004 chev truck for the longest time worked perfect. But yeah, thats why i asked i never heard too many great things about them but i rode in an ss and they seem pretty quick for a bigger car in my price range. I would consider an older one but most of the ones i seen had frame issues or needed body work, plus there made like a truck body on frame arn't they?

With gas still relatively cheap I'll be abusing the hell out of my Defender 130 with camping/fishing trips this summer. It'll finally see more action than going to hockey games or hauling crap.

ewww...the new box on wheels...don't get why people like them

my friend drifts on his 240 too :P

Edited by K9 Unit

ewww...the new box on wheels...don't get why people like them

my friend drifts on his 240 too :P

he's from long beach... anything to stand out.

I'm moving away from the "standing out" stuff. My old car was too flashy, so I built a new one more low key. But, I just want to sell both my cars and get some nice and brand new. Cube is new and different. I might end up scrapping the whole idea though.

The Element?

Ehh. not so much a fan.

Too expensive also. No need for a big engine.

I was really impressed with the Cube once I finally got to get a hands on experience. It exceeded my expectations by a lot.

Given that I own a scion xB, I can say most new 'box' vehicles are surprisingly roomy inside. Except the Cube. Insanely small back seating area, but all the little features (aesthetically/useable) are pretty neat, but the new xB's and element, etc. are pretty roomy.

When I saw the Cube for the first time, I thought "jeez, it's kind of small outside, I bet the inside will be terrible".

then.... I opened the door and got in. My mind totally changed. It feels bigger inside than it looks outside, if that makes sense.

thats the main selling point of the box cars :D i feel that way in my dads old '97 es 300 too but i guess its a different feeling