Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

you know if its just a plain hatchback (as long as i'm not driving it) i'm fine...its the hatchbacks that people try to pimp out and put a spoiler on it is the ones that really pisses for me off for some reason

Maybe that's why I dislike them as well.... Just always felt they weren't as "dope" as all the "gangsta's" thought they were. I think the reason i'm ok with mine is the cut on the back. Not as upright as a golf, more of an angle to it.. I don't know. Just never thought of it as a hatchback until after I bought it.

Edited by furlanitalia

Yah. Just starting getting great gas mileage with it too (26,000 Km in). My last fill I got about 8.4L/100Km. May not sound perfect, but it was averaging 11.5 for the first 25,000 KM

Yah. Just starting getting great gas mileage with it too (26,000 Km in). My last fill I got about 8.4L/100Km. May not sound perfect, but it was averaging 11.5 for the first 25,000 KM

your driving style is obviously nothing like your playing style, then.

my suv gets something like 14l/100km and my car gets 12.1.. my company truck i'm not sure, but its around 900km per tank

new cars need to time to break in too :D

Not sure if that was a thinly veiled insult, or a compliment....lol

Not sure if that was a thinly veiled insult, or a compliment....lol

i save the thinly veiled insults for the ice ;) it was a compliment on your economical driving skills in comparison to your explosive skating skills.

Just picked up a 09 Cobalt SS/TC on Monday, thats my new ride.

Ahh, the TC ones are really nice. The SC ones are just blown away by this gen Cobalt SS.

Always had a soft spot for the Cobalt SS/TC's. Love them.

THockey17: where are the pictures of your new car?! We're dying to see em haha

Still haven't decided on a suitable replacement.

I've ruled out the Maserati GranTurismo, so now its down to an E90/E92 M3 and the CLK63 BlackSeries. I'm just trying to find the right car for the amount I'm willing to spend.

Gotcha. Seems like whichever car you do decide on, can't lose with it haha. I personally like the CLK...very very pretty.

Still haven't decided on a suitable replacement.

I've ruled out the Maserati GranTurismo, so now its down to an E90/E92 M3 and the CLK63 BlackSeries. I'm just trying to find the right car for the amount I'm willing to spend.

Didn't you already have an E92 M3 and say it wasn't worth it?

The fastest car I've driven is an S55 AMG. More HP in a CLK class must be ridiculous. Have you driven both?

Edited by pat19

Gotcha. Seems like whichever car you do decide on, can't lose with it haha. I personally like the CLK...very very pretty.

Im leaning towards to CLK, but not at the price(s) they are going for. Plus I want a red one, and they command a pretty hefty premium.

I'm even entertaining the idea of grabbing a Lexus IS-F. They're looking pretty attractive in the mid 40k range. Wouldn't mind a blue one slammed on HRE's.

Didn't you already have an E92 M3 and say it wasn't worth it?

The fastest car I've driven is an S55 AMG. More HP in a CLK class must be ridiculous. Have you driven both?

Never had an E9x M3, but I did think about getting one. Ended up going with a 335i with the idea of making massive power, but due to the lack of an LSD, that was ruled out. Only ended up keeping it for a couple of weeks, if that.

I loved everything about my previous M5 but it was simply a little too big. It does a great job feeling smaller than it is, but was not as nimble as I'd prefer.

I haven't driven the CLK, but I do have a decent amount of experience with the 6.3 motor as my dad has an S63. Granted thats getting into the whole "big body" car thing, i do know how much power it is capable of. And it does have quite a bit more to be extracted :)

If you don't feel like reading just read the last line

I think it's annoying when people ask what car to get but I'm gonna do it anyways. This site doesn't seem to get much traffic any more but I think I'll get some responses.

A guy my dad works with is selling his car soon and he told my dad he'll go to me first if I want it. It's a 2004 Honda Accord V6 6 speed coupe with 40k miles. It's fully loaded with leather, navigation, and I think with a CAI, exhaust, and some other stuff (no ricer) it could be kind of quick (even though I'm sure the handling is shitty). It's also silver which is a color I hate and I think it's a pretty ugly car.

I think he'll be selling it for around $12k. I'm probably gonna buy it because it'll be reliable and somewhat fun. Not luxurious but not bad for a Honda.

The thing is, though, I just keep thinking about how I want a faster car with better handling that'll be more fun. Is there any car like that for under $14k?

I was looking at an E36 M3 that I posted but it sold on another site in an hour. I was also thinking about a WRX but it'll more than likely be beat up and I think they get uglier each time I see one, especially the bugeyes. I was thinking about an s2000 and keep my shitty car as beater for the winter and stuff but I think I just want to get a daily driver.

Anyone have any ideas about a good car for under $14k or does that sound like my best option?

Edited by pat19

Got a civic, been in a few car shows, its tasteful though dotn worry, heavy motor work. Ill post some pictures once i go pick it up. Its all blue, black rims, looks okay. Need to pick up an exhaust for it though, its real loud and i dont want that sound. Im going to turn around and sell it i think, i traded it for a fourwheeler soo ..

If you don't feel like reading just read the last line

I think it's annoying when people ask what car to get but I'm gonna do it anyways. This site doesn't seem to get much traffic any more but I think I'll get some responses.

A guy my dad works with is selling his car soon and he told my dad he'll go to me first if I want it. It's a 2004 Honda Accord V6 6 speed coupe with 40k miles. It's fully loaded with leather, navigation, and I think with a CAI, exhaust, and some other stuff (no ricer) it could be kind of quick (even though I'm sure the handling is shitty). It's also silver which is a color I hate and I think it's a pretty ugly car.

I think he'll be selling it for around $12k. I'm probably gonna buy it because it'll be reliable and somewhat fun. Not luxurious but not bad for a Honda.

The thing is, though, I just keep thinking about how I want a faster car with better handling that'll be more fun. Is there any car like that for under $14k?

I was looking at an E36 M3 that I posted but it sold on another site in an hour. I was also thinking about a WRX but it'll more than likely be beat up and I think they get uglier each time I see one, especially the bugeyes. I was thinking about an s2000 and keep my shitty car as beater for the winter and stuff but I think I just want to get a daily driver.

Anyone have any ideas about a good car for under $14k or does that sound like my best option?

12? Thats pretty good, i was looking at probably the same car, very simliar anyways but a 02 with 200k on it stock but a 2 door for 8. The accord would be a good daily driver however, reliable and good on gas. I understand what your trying to say however.

Pulled the trigger today.

Went for something different with the Melbourne Red.

149v7mf.jpg

Mods coming soon enough. Black wheels, a must. :)