Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

A good reliable car for years to come?

Go pick up a used Honda Accord or Acura Integra for cheap and put a V6 or V8 in it with the money left over since you're so damn set on having the 'big' engine in a car.

Go pick up a used Honda Accord or Acura Integra for cheap and put a V6 or V8 in it with the money left over since you're so damn set on having the 'big' engine in a car.

Im really just looking for decent power and torque, my chev half ton now has fine power but its only 2 door and i only have room for one person. I had a grand marquis and it was also okay but the frame was bad. You are right though, a monte carlo would not make a good daily driver. On the other hand, what would that would fit my criteria?

Im really just looking for decent power and torque, my chev half ton now has fine power but its only 2 door and i only have room for one person. I had a grand marquis and it was also okay but the frame was bad. You are right though, a monte carlo would not make a good daily driver. On the other hand, what would that would fit my criteria?

something like a '96 Mustang GT?

1996-Ford-Mustang-GT-red.jpg

something like a '96 Mustang GT?

yeah. first thing i thought was 4.6 or 5.0L mustang.

Took a 240sx for a spin the other day, what a fun car! I was surprised on how quick one of those little things are, much rather have one over a monte carlo after trying one out. Now to find one ..

I kind of like the later model Pontiac GTO's. Rear wheel drive, and V8 power. A local guy has done a 'little' work to his. Turbocharged it and a couple weeks ago went a 9.85 @ 142 in the quarter, lol. It's still driven on the street as well. He's now in the process of going to a larger turbocharger, so things may get interesting.

I just went ahead and put my truck up for sale, the sale will be final tommorow, going to get a good deal on a 04 gmc sierra with a 5.3 vortec in it, v8 and fully loaded. Ill post up pictures, my dad is also trading our van to get a truck as well.

I currently have a '02 BMW 525i and my wife drives an '02 Ford Taurus.

Hope to get myself in a new bimmer in the next few years. (Wife wants a new house first, yea right!)

Well, as of November last year, my car looked like this. Bent the hood some, and whatnot. But as of today, the car now looks 200 times better. Gonna get the hood painted, or entire car painted sometime soon. Then gonna bend the bumper in a little each way to get everything all lined up

November 08

awpyzb.jpg

September 09 (all of this happened in the last two weeks)

77291119381627993133059.jpg

Trying to hold this over until I have 5K saved up to buy a Nissan Cube

Edited by EBondo

Can anyone argue the issues of traction control systems specific to turning them off when driving under normal conditions?

When you disengage your traction control system in instances of normal driving conditions without expectations of loosing traction, does turning off your traction control save any wear and tear on sensors or any suspension/drive train components?

Anyone have any clear opinions or evidence one way or the other?

Is there any way of getting traction control off for good? I ended up going with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Ls, its got traction control and i cant figure out how to turn it off, i was told that the newer ones had a switch but i cant find it, its useless and just bogs my motor when im going around turns and stuff. Rather have it off.

Is there any way of getting traction control off for good? I ended up going with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Ls, its got traction control and i cant figure out how to turn it off, i was told that the newer ones had a switch but i cant find it, its useless and just bogs my motor when im going around turns and stuff. Rather have it off.

Check your fuses, take the ABS one as well, that's about as useful.

Yeah, theres two behind where the spare tire goes, not sure which one to pull. If i pull the traction control one, will it 100% disable it? Its no fun to not be able to peel the tires a bit here and there.

I was just browsin craigslist like I normally do looking at random cars, and I think I just fell in love with a car. A friggin car. If only I had anywhere near close to the amount of money needed to purchase such a vehicle:

DSCF0237.JPG

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1396860517.html

I'm not the biggest fan of BMW's, but goddammit that car gives me goosebumps.

Yeah, theres two behind where the spare tire goes, not sure which one to pull. If i pull the traction control one, will it 100% disable it? Its no fun to not be able to peel the tires a bit here and there.

You'd better do a little research. Just yanking the fuse might also fire a check engine light. That might pull out timing, leaving you down on power and unable to peel the tires a bit here and there.

I was just browsin craigslist like I normally do looking at random cars, and I think I just fell in love with a car. A friggin car. If only I had anywhere near close to the amount of money needed to purchase such a vehicle:

DSCF0237.JPG

I've always been a big fan of this model. there was one for sale by me a year ago, and really wanted to buy it, but just wasn't practical enough. that and i already have too many toys as it is!!!

Usually the only way to disable it without causing problems would be to have the computer reprogrammed or "flashed"

DSCF0237.JPG

I've always been a big fan of this model. there was one for sale by me a year ago, and really wanted to buy it, but just wasn't practical enough. that and i already have too many toys as it is!!!

Plus bear in mind that you're still paying maintanance for a 10 year old, 12 cylinder, $90,000 ish car. Ungodly maintanance costs on it plus the fact that the engine is modded would probably be in the $3-5K range per year.

Fixed the traction control by picking up a 97, its in better shape honestly, my parents are going to drive the 03 and the 97 only has 90k on it, the frames great and theres not a single spot on the car, its as shiny and clean as new, the interior still smells new and it works great. Performance and handling package on it too, fully loaded.

Drove the Audi R8 today. I must say, what a thing of beauty. Unfortunately it was only a quick spin rather than a chance to get out and really test her out. but none the less, it was enjoyable.

Fixed the traction control by picking up a 97, its in better shape honestly, my parents are going to drive the 03 and the 97 only has 90k on it, the frames great and theres not a single spot on the car, its as shiny and clean as new, the interior still smells new and it works great. Performance and handling package on it too, fully loaded.

Now you just need to get a whip antenna and you'll be another "unmarked cop or old man?" cars on the highway.