Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

And I'm not trying to get into an argument about your money or your parents or anything but you could seriously afford an F40?

What would be the right price for one of those? like $500k?

Hence the reason why I put "For the right price"

$400k for this thing is a joke, simply put. So many options out there for that kind of money.

yeah, again I just assumed it would be around $100k, I don't know why.

I can't believe how ridiculously overpriced the Lexus is. There are so many more interesting cars for that amount of money. You couldn't take me away from a low mileage Carrera GT for that money.

You could scoop up a Carrera GT and a GT3 for $400k if you do so searching.

Or....

F430 Scuderia + R8 V10

599GTB + GT3RS

GT2 + M3 + Exige

Viper ACR, 'Vette ZR1, GT-R, + A Daily Driver (M5, CTS-V, etc.)

etc. etc. etc.

I can't believe how ridiculously overpriced the Lexus is. There are so many more interesting cars for that amount of money. You couldn't take me away from a low mileage Carrera GT for that money.

You could scoop up a Carrera GT and a GT3 for $400k if you do so searching.

Or....

F430 Scuderia + R8 V10

599GTB + GT3RS

GT2 + M3 + Exige

Viper ACR, 'Vette ZR1, GT-R, + A Daily Driver (M5, CTS-V, etc.)

etc. etc. etc.

Or...

A Honda CR-V + A house.

That's fiscally responsible.

But - judging by photos and what not, I don't think either one of you two have much to worry about in the financial department. LOL.

I will not deny that it is not fiscally responsible. Just poking a little fun. A car is never an investment. Once in a while you might get lucky but otherwise they are money pits. They are awfully fun though.

About a month, maybe like 2 months ago, when I was home doing work on my parents house my neighbor let me drive his cousin's '04 Terminator (Mustang Cobra). The only ( :rolleyes: ) had a solid 8.8, drag radials, and a pulley/chip waiting on a a second tune. It's easily one of the funnest cars I've ever driven, and for a car with 3.73's and running high 11s, unbelievably smooth. The car was a monster, hence, it is the next car I have set my eyes on.

We've officially found the end-all of the eco-friendly cars.

Here is the Hammerhead Eagle iThrust

***pic***

That was a very good episode. Last week's was excellent as well.

Edited by Hockeyman11385

Anybody with any knowledge of the panther platform willing to lend a hand? I was wondering what would be the best modifications for under $500, i already have dual exhaust so scratch that off the list.

Someone hit my car when it was in a parking lot today. I have a nice fist sized hole in the rear quarter plastic and a big crease in the fender above it. Hooray for 3 accidents in 3 years of having this car, none prior.

Picked up a set of american racing rims (torq thrusts) for my grand marquis. Honestly though, kind of regretting it. For $200 though, its not bad at all. I'll post pictures in a bit, although my car looks quite a bit different from when i took the pics even.

merc.jpg

Nicemerc.jpg

The car looks different now though , its got marauder exhaust tips on it and right now it is being stored for winter. The windows were professionally tinted 5% limo black also. Ill post more when the car comes out in the spring.

Picked up a set of american racing rims (torq thrusts) for my grand marquis. Honestly though, kind of regretting it. For $200 though, its not bad at all. I'll post pictures in a bit, although my car looks quite a bit different from when i took the pics even.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/c...hockey/merc.jpg

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/c...ey/Nicemerc.jpg

The car looks different now though , its got marauder exhaust tips on it and right now it is being stored for winter. The windows were professionally tinted 5% limo black also. Ill post more when the car comes out in the spring.

You have a grand marquis as your summer sports car?

Edited by pat19

pics

That's the first time the Marquis has ever been described as a sports car.

He's gotta keep the snow bird image up. Can't drive a grandma car in the snow, it should be in Florida right now.

Seriously dude, why are you dumping all that cash into that car? The worst part is it's all for image and you're on here complaining of the exhaust getting you pulled over all the time. By "storing it for the winter" I hope you mean leaving it in the garage and not putting it on blocks, covering it, taking the air in the tires down, and starting it every week to let it idle for 10 minutes.

I remember interning in Atlanta one summer and not wanting to bother driving my car down, then realising that was a horrible idea. I bought an old Grand Marquis off these Pollacks that would come over for the summer and just used that. The driver side front and rear doors were held together with bungie cord over the B pillar. Best $150 I spent that summer.

Its never seen winter ever so why bother? I dont have snow tires for it and my parents are more then willing to let me drive there vehicles, not paying insurance or anything for a winter will help with the money as well.

It is literally sitting in a garage, im just not driving it. I drove it a tiny but but not really, its not great to drive without snow tires and second of all, i paid pretty much nothing for the car, why not? I like it, its comfortable and gets me around, you have to remember im a teenager working a minimum wage job here, i cant afford bmw's and things that some people on the board can. I dont see anything wrong with it at all, theres a whole entire forum up for people who love the panther body cars .. my parents have owned them for years. Im spending a lot less money then you think as well, picked up the rims for pretty much nothing, uncle did my exhaust all i had to do was buy mufflers and tips and the window tint .. well you need that on any vehicle. Guess I posted my car on the wrong forum. Once i get winter tires, the torq thrusts are going as winter rims. I much prefer the factory hpp ones that came on the car.

Edited by Leafsrule16

Once i get winter tires, the torq thrusts are going as winter rims. I much prefer the factory hpp ones that came on the car.

I have to agree, in fact I have a set of those rims from a Marquis on my 68 Mercury Cougar. Nice, cheap alternative to after market rims. That plus a decal from a 90's Cougar rim has people doing a double take all the time.

pics

That's the first time the Marquis has ever been described as a sports car.

that's my point.