Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Just kind of pisses me off because heres something i bought with my own money, my first car, something i earned myself and i posted a picture out of stupidity i guess and then i get judged because of it. Not to mention where i live (Canada), its not uncommon for everyday vehicles (like grand marquis's) to be stored for winter .. salt is hell on a car, most of my parents friends buy winter beaters or keep an old car around almost especially for winter. You can dream all you want but in reality, most of us on this forum will never drive bmw's, I thought I was pretty lucky to manage to pick up a decent car myself.

Also to the guy who posted about the stock mercury wheels, I really liked them for awhile, I didnt know they were the performance package wheels though until recently, I just find all the other grand marquis rims so ugly. Not a huge fan of the torq thrusts myself either, but i paid literally nothing for them so why not?

On a side note, I doubt anyone's first car was much nicer.

Edited by Leafsrule16

I was lucky. First car? A '68 Firebird that originally was a 350/4-speed car. Pontiac 350 that it. Then the guy who had it before me swapped out that engine for a '70 GTO RAIII engine. That was a nice improvement, lol. It was a nice tire-melter for a 16 year old kid to have as a first car. As to the Marauder... I'll copy and post up a pic of a good friend's Merc. I did the GM TH400 trans that resides behind the Ford engine courtesy of a JW Ultra-Bell adapter. I build/sell race transmissions and parts as a side business. ;) Wait until you see his car... you'll be surprised!

Here's a link to pics of his car:

http://www.cvmusclecars.com/album.php?albumid=39

nice, a roadrunner kinda like that came into the shop i was working at (co-op) awhile back, the fumes made me sick for like 4 days <_< and too old your one lucky son of a....my first car and technically not even mine is a '94 corolla

Edited by K9 Unit

Just kind of pisses me off because heres something i bought with my own money, my first car, something i earned myself and i posted a picture out of stupidity i guess and then i get judged because of it. Not to mention where i live (Canada), its not uncommon for everyday vehicles (like grand marquis's) to be stored for winter .. salt is hell on a car, most of my parents friends buy winter beaters or keep an old car around almost especially for winter. You can dream all you want but in reality, most of us on this forum will never drive bmw's, I thought I was pretty lucky to manage to pick up a decent car myself.

Also to the guy who posted about the stock mercury wheels, I really liked them for awhile, I didnt know they were the performance package wheels though until recently, I just find all the other grand marquis rims so ugly. Not a huge fan of the torq thrusts myself either, but i paid literally nothing for them so why not?

On a side note, I doubt anyone's first car was much nicer.

Leafs, don't sweat what others say about your ride. Its yours, not theirs. Doesn't matter what they think. As you said, there is a big following for this body style. My moms boss, who owns well over 100 cars, prefers to drive his marauder on a regular basis, because he is a tall guy, and its the most comfortable.

Most, if not all of the "young" guys on here that are throwing around fancy expensive rides, did not pay for them with their own hard earned money. yes, some did, but not most!!! you earned your money, you spent it on something that you like, was in budget, and works well. Thats all that matters!!!

Its nice to see someone appreciative to the meaning of my vehicle. No, its not a bmw, but it gets me around and i like it .. why not make it suit my taste a little better ? On a sidenote, my father had a 91 trans am gta and even with a 305, those things are badass!

The Marquis is a nice car and one of the last affordable, RWD and V8 powered vehicles available. Very reliable and durable too. Decent mileage for such a big car too.

But lots of senior citizens own them for many of those reasons, so most people perceive them as a geezer's car.

The color of your Merc isn't doing you any favors. That same car in black or silver would look a lot less like Grandpa's car. At least you don't have a padded vinyl roof. I wonder what it would look like with the area from the pin stripe down painted a charcoal gray or black.

Edited by Neal

If it ever needs paint, its likely going to be a darkish blue or maybe even black. A few of my friends have them (all in dark colors) and i think the best looking one is a fairly dark blue same body style as mine with American racing rims, it actually looks good (however that is my opinion i suppose). Really though, how many vehicles can you pick up for $2500 in mint shape that never seen winter? Not very many

A buddy of mine has one that's sitting on the street around the corner, he left it here when he went to Orlando last weekend. When I tried to move it first thing this morning I couldn't get it up the alley behind the house or the street in front. That thing is terrible in the snow.

A couple of my friends put money in together on a 91 for the tire fryer / demolition. The thing will barely move in the snow even with some sandbags in the rear end. Useless unless the roads are dry, thats for sure,i t doesnt have too bad tires on the back either.

Any car-savvy individuals running around here? I'm having an issue with my '03 Nissan Frontier. Whenever I'm driving, the temperature gauge sits right in the middle. However, if I get stuck in traffic or a long stop light and have to idle for a bit, the temp gauge goes waaaaay up. Then, when I start driving again, it goes back to normal.

I know it's some sort of air flow issue. Anybody know what could be going on? I'm not exactly rich right now so I'd love to give fixing it myself a go if it's not too complicated.

Thanks!

Any car-savvy individuals running around here? I'm having an issue with my '03 Nissan Frontier. Whenever I'm driving, the temperature gauge sits right in the middle. However, if I get stuck in traffic or a long stop light and have to idle for a bit, the temp gauge goes waaaaay up. Then, when I start driving again, it goes back to normal.

I know it's some sort of air flow issue. Anybody know what could be going on? I'm not exactly rich right now so I'd love to give fixing it myself a go if it's not too complicated.

Thanks!

Could be a number of things. Radiator fan, coolant levels, water pump, etc.

In extreme cases, like my girlfriends Prelude, a blown head gasket, leading to heater core problems.

Edited by Krev

It could be a thermostat, but the fact it is when you're stopped leads me to believe its not a coolant leak or something of that nature.

Since it is normal while in motion, and overheating while stopped, my first thought is that it is a radiator fan.

Looked under the hood and the radiator fan was running. Is it an issue of it running at the correct times, or does the mere fact that I saw it working mean that possibility is eliminated?

Thanks!

I have an 04 Frontier, so our vehicles should be very similar. My Frontier has a V6 with a clutch fan. These fans turn on as the temperature increases. Given that your truck warms up as it sits (i.e. no airflow unless the fan turns) I'd say the clutch fan has failed.

RockAuto has one for $90. But before you spend that, check to make sure your rad isn't plugged with dirt and bugs and your coolant is topped off.

On some clutch fans you can test them pretty simply. Drive your truck until the temperature comes up to the normal middle of the gauge. Stop the truck, turn off the engine. Grab the fan blade and try to turn it. It should at least be difficult. There is a fluid in most clutch fans that thickens as it heats up. That is what drives the fan. Once your engine is warm, that fluid should be thick, making it hard to turn the fan because it is engaged with the belts.

Edited by Neal

yota.jpg

4" lift

33 x12.5 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires

12" pioneer sub, pioneer headunit, kenwood speakers.

Dude we have the same truck! Same colour and everything I havent done the lift and tires yet. Those are first on the list though. You got a 4 or 6 cylinder in there i cant totally see in the pic

Edited by tips09