Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Dude we have the same truck! Same colour and everything I havent done the lift and tires yet. Those are first on the list though. You got a 4 or 6 cylinder in there i cant totally see in the pic

mine's the four. what are you working with?

mine's the four. what are you working with?

I went with the 6. I found a pretty sweet deal it has had 2 previous owners 1 was a car collector and was used as his daily driver and the second was a friend of his that was forced to treat it the same way haha

I went with the 6. I found a pretty sweet deal it has had 2 previous owners 1 was a car collector and was used as his daily driver and the second was a friend of his that was forced to treat it the same way haha

caught a break then. just be careful, as the 3vze is notorious for blowing head gaskets.

caught a break then. just be careful, as the 3vze is notorious for blowing head gaskets.

Yep. Mine popped at 88,000 miles. Keep a watch on it, your temp gauge, and your coolant levels....and look for condensation buildup/sludge on the underside of your radiator cap.

Yep. Mine popped at 88,000 miles. Keep a watch on it, your temp gauge, and your coolant levels....and look for condensation buildup/sludge on the underside of your radiator cap.

Yea the head casket was replaced a few months before i got it. My step dad has owned 3 toyota trucks (87-92 years) so we made sure to check for all of the typical problems. Very happy with the truck so far although my only problem so far is the 4 wheel is starting to go which im guessing has to do with the spider gears. Thanks for the info of the warning signs though. Any other typical problems and warning signs I should know about, Thanks guys

2009 Civic Si Sedan

Very nice. I used to hate the new sedan versions, but they grew on me a lot. I'm looking at possibly buying an 03 Si.

Lovee Subarus.

So does my wife, unfortunately she loves the ugly-ass wagons. We just got a leftover 2008 from the dealership where a buddy works. Spent the whole day there and missed the Flyers - Bruins game.

Looking for a first car, and figured I'd ask hockey players for help. I need something that I can transport 4 people comfortably, store 2 hockey bags, 4 sticks, and have 4-6 cylinders due to the drive to the rink(45 minutes one way). Minivans are out of the question because I don't feel like being assaulted daily in school for being "the guy who drives a minivan to school". My current car(which is shared with my parents) is a 2000 cavalier sedan. Think a 1991 Cavalier coupe would work? It's only $750 too!

Looking for a first car, and figured I'd ask hockey players for help. I need something that I can transport 4 people comfortably, store 2 hockey bags, 4 sticks, and have 4-6 cylinders due to the drive to the rink(45 minutes one way). Minivans are out of the question because I don't feel like being assaulted daily in school for being "the guy who drives a minivan to school". My current car(which is shared with my parents) is a 2000 cavalier sedan. Think a 1991 Cavalier coupe would work? It's only $750 too!

Only if the two people sitting in the back are midgets, there is no legroom in those things.

four people and two hockey bags in a cavalier coupe? i think not.

maybe a late 90s honda, they have pretty big trunks, right?

four people and two hockey bags in a cavalier coupe? i think not.

maybe a late 90s honda, they have pretty big trunks, right?

Ya they do early 2000s have huge trunks. I can fit 6 sticks and 3 bags and 2 other guys in my 2001 civic.

Get a Subaru wagon like Chadd's wife did.

Get a Subaru wagon like Chadd's wife did.

One of the guys on my hockey team has an old one, those things run forever.

That they do. I plan on getting a used outback to daily drive once I get the STI paid off. Lot's of room.

Hopefully an LL Bean edition one so it has all kinds of nice stuff.

My wife got the LL Bean Legacy, traded in her Imprezza Outback. The sunroof is huge.

Has anyone on here had any experience powder coating their rims? I plan on buying an 04-05 Mazda3 hatch by the end of the summer, and one of the first things I want to do is powder coat the rims black (plan on getting a black or white one). How much did it cost for you? How have they held up? Anything is appreciated. These are the rims I want to do it to.

800px0708mazda3shatchba.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Has anyone on here had any experience powder coating their rims? I plan on buying an 04-05 Mazda3 hatch by the end of the summer, and one of the first things I want to do is powder coat the rims black (plan on getting a black or white one). How much did it cost for you? How have they held up? Anything is appreciated.

It should run you about $150-200 per wheel for a good job.

Powder coating is the way to go. Much more durable finish so the wheels wont chip like painted ones do. You can go either flat or gloss black, its up to you.

Edited by Thockey17