Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

What do you guys think of a 2001 chevy malibu with 97,000 miles for $2,500. ive heard good and bad about these cars but idk what to believe so any advice would be good

I recently bought an '07 Toyota Camry LE. Thus far I love it. I used to drive a '99 Ford F-150 regular cab longbed 4x4 and Im definetly liking the gas milage, smoother ride and overall greater comfort of the Camry.

What do you guys think of a 2001 chevy malibu with 97,000 miles for $2,500. ive heard good and bad about these cars but idk what to believe so any advice would be good

Id be concerned about any '01 car that only had 97,000 miles on it. Likely that car sat around a lot and sitting around like that isnt good for a vehicle because the engine seals can dry out and cause all kinds of leaks.

Theres nothing wrong with a Malibu, but Id be very leary of that one.

Id be concerned about any '01 car that only had 97,000 miles on it. Likely that car sat around a lot and sitting around like that isnt good for a vehicle because the engine seals can dry out and cause all kinds of leaks.

Theres nothing wrong with a Malibu, but Id be very leary of that one.

Depending on what part of the production year, it's 9-10k per year, that's right around average depending on what part of the country you live in.

9-10K is really low. Nowdays the average is closer to 12-15K. 97,000 miles for an '01 is pretty low miles.

Again, it depends on where you live.

9-10K is really low. Nowdays the average is closer to 12-15K. 97,000 miles for an '01 is pretty low miles.

I've put 25k on my car in 3 years. Living in a small town with a 2 mile commute doesn't add up very quickly, especially when the car doesn't get daily use.

When you talk about a car sitting for a while and the engine seals going bad from drying out, that happens over years. A car sitting for two months won't blow its seals when you fire it up.

My baby:

IMG

2008 BMW 135i w/ Sport Package. 3.0L, 300hp, twin-turbo, inline-6.

Did it come with the remote control or was that seperate :biggrin:

(This coming from the guy that drives this)

n28806125_32942157_1047332.jpg

98 sable (with only 90k miles, running perfectly, so whoever is going on about low mileage for an '01, there's proof that you can definitely be wrong on that one) on the Pacific Coast Highway between San Francisco and SLO on a drive back from a Phils Giants game. and yes, those are Jersey plates.

Edited by maxamillion

Did it come with the remote control or was that seperate :biggrin:

LOL No remote, I unfortunately have the base stereo, aside from the ipod kit under my armrest. I wish it had bluetooth, at least. Oh well, next car...

Haven't been around here for a little while, but figured I'd drop this in here, its the current setup at the garage for wintertime.

156917_1614473641812_1235430034_31674532_5777040_n.jpg

Love the E30 BMW, my father has a 1984 325i convertible in pretty much mint condition, one of my favorite cars ever.

I've become a huge fan of them the last 3 or 4 years, and bought this one on a whim. It's in amazing shape, but I'm sadly going to have to get rid of it soon it's looking like.

What kind of truck are they going on? They look like they belong on a lowered escalade or something... Kmc XD wheels are what you should look at, or atx wheels.