Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Changed the stance. Spaced my wheels out a little more because the body kit made the look sunk in.

IMG073-1.jpg

IMG076-1.jpg

The rears are a little to wide for my taste. I think I'm going to bring them in just a tad bit.

is this low enough for you EBondo? :tongue: gotta do a little work with the camber out back, a little roll, and the rear will be coming down more.

7259624990_b1f647440b_z.jpg

hahaha just messing with you......but seriously.

hahaha I know. I only went 1.5 inches. Wasn't sure if I wanted to go lower but now I think I should. I'll get new coilovers sometime in the future.

Nice ride, greech! My cousin has a red one w/ about 15K of mods in it. And he's still going! lol

They say not to preface things with "no offense", because it doesn't make the comment any less offensive. So, why not just spend that $15,000 or whatever it may be, and get a nicer car?

They say not to preface things with "no offense", because it doesn't make the comment any less offensive. So, why not just spend that $15,000 or whatever it may be, and get a nicer car?

I agree... and so does his brother! lol

but it's his toy and he's doing what most of us on MSH do... but with car mods.

is this low enough for you EBondo? :tongue: gotta do a little work with the camber out back, a little roll, and the rear will be coming down more.

7259624990_b1f647440b_z.jpg

That's beautiful, greech!!! Impressed.

In my mind, it's nice to see progress on something you've done or built yourself. It helps you feels accomplished, like you hit a new milestone with every new mod.

I understand that, and I guess when you purchase the vehicle you might not have cash to lay down that you'll acquire later. At least there hasn't been a picture of 22's on a busted '99 Malibu.

I understand that, and I guess when you purchase the vehicle you might not have cash to lay down that you'll acquire later. At least there hasn't been a picture of 22's on a busted '99 Malibu.

Yeah, like I don't have the amount of money I'd like to do things to my car, but that doesn't mean I won't in the future. And I'm sure if there WAS a picture of a Malibu on 22's they'd be laughed off the forum haha

It's really bad when they put more in mods than the car was worth to begin with, and the mods still lower the value of the car. We've all seen one or two of those. Mods done well are nice, but those are the exception instead of the rule around here. More often than not "mods" include spray painted primer and body putty.

Agree, when it comes to mods, less is more. I'm more of a truck guy than a car guy though, and I think you can improve the look of a truck with a lot of the mods out there (lifts, brush guards, offroad bumpers, etc.) without making it look cheesy. With the ricers it's a very thin line between improving the look of your car and just looking dumb.

That said, the lowered cars on the last couple pages all look really good.

Yeah, his car loks pretty much stock. Most, if not all, of the mods he has done are motor work and suspension.

CURRENT MOD LIST:COBB AccessPORT | KMD Fuel Pump Internals v2.2 | Denso ITV22 Spark Plugs | Matt Damond Oil Catch Can | Grimmspeed EBCS 3-Port Interrupt Mode | JBR TIGs | Corksport Power Series Intake | Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe | Corksport Cold Air Box | Ultimate Racing Catted Downpipe | Ultimate Racing Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing Cat-Back Exhaust Exhaust | CP-E ΔCore™ Front Mount Intercooler | StreetUnit/TurboSmart Bypass Valve | Corksport Recirculation Hose | EBC Redstuff Brake Pads | EBC UPR Rotors | Swift Spec R Springs | Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks | SPC Rear Camber Arms | James Barone Racing Rear Sway Bar | James Barone Racing Passenger Side Motor Mount | James Barone Racing Transmission Motor Mount | SURE Torq R3 (Rear Motor Mount) | SURE Shortcut (Shift Plate) | SURE CounterShift (Shift Weight) | SURE Anchors (Shifter Bushings) | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | 5zïgen ZR+ Ceramic Bronze Wheels | Continental DWS 225/40-18 | Rally Armor Mud Flaps | 50/35 Tint | LED Reverse Lights | Headlight Armor Yellow Fog Overlays | UltraGauge | Moddiction Anvil II Shift Knob | Corksport LED Kit | ProClip Pillar Mount | ProSport Electric Boost Gauge | Defrost Vent Gauge Pod | Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges | Qualir QL-MZD723 Headunit | Boyo VTL375HD Rear View Camera | Torque + PLX Kiwi | Dual Horn Upgrade

Edited by 5 Minute Major

Well, it's been a while since I put any pictures of my car up...so here we go. Nothing much done to it besides springs...lowered 2 inches.

552327_2920651538615_1330590070_32227289_2119098491_n.jpg

526621_2920653218657_1205754633_n.jpg

Purchased in Dec, actually.

dBaP5.jpg

It's the SXT Plus. Insurance is a bit expensive, but no biggie. I turn 25 in a year haha.

Edited by IniNew
  • Like 1

Got my new suspension on last week. Function/Form Coilovers, Skunk 2 Rear Camber Kit and a Beaks Lower Tie Bar. Up next, BOOST! Precision 6262 Turbo, Flashpro and Full Race Exhaust. Gonna have about 425whp. Can't wait!

IMG289.jpg

Beaksedit.jpg

coiloversedit.jpg

Edited by 5 Minute Major

Nice car and as is should be, about the drive, not all that luxury crap.

Had this idea for a while aswell, except in a FR layout, even lighter and a 997 GT2 RS engine

Just lapped the valves before re-assembling the valves and springs on the old family car ('95 Honda Civic) while getting ready to replace the main cam seal, head gasket, water pump, and timing belt.