Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

TPS Response +

TPS Response Plus Whip Tkachuk

Backround:6'0 170 lbs, defense

Blade: Blade has a nice feel, it is stiff and doesnt let down on you. So far i have had this blade for a month and there is no sign of craking or chipping. I have found that this blade gives me more feel then the si-core. 9.5/10

Flex: This was my first whip flex coming from a 85, but it feels great. I can use less energy and just fling the puck. I did cut down the shaft about an inch so i guess it feels somewhere inbetween 75 -80 but is still whippy. 10/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes: Not really much difference in stickhandling and receiving passes. 8/10

Shooting: This stick is so nice to shoot with, the added flex allows me like i said before shoot the puck with less energy but still fly off the blade. 10/10

Weight and Balance: This stick claims to be 455 grams but it feels lighter than it really is, the stick is extremely well balanced, and feels lighter than the si-core. 10/10

Durability: So far i have had this stick for a month and the blade shows no sign of problems, the shaft is still in great shape a few small paint chips but nothing more. 9/10

Intangibles: The shaft has a concave feel which is very nice coming from a boxy synergy, the design also is nice with a deep red color, and simple graphics. 10/10

Conclusion: I havent held or tried an XN10, but the Response Plus is so light nd well balanced. The paint is a great color, and the durability is excellent. At a decent price also, once i get the cash i will probably buy another.

Overall: 9/10

TPS Response Plus/ Flex:regular/ Pattern: Nash

Background: 225 lbs, 6'3, Left Wing.

Blade: So far this blades' durablity has been the same as my xn10's. No chips, No marks, and no dings or fractures. 10/10

Flex: I was at first a bit hesitant about buying a regular flex, because of my size and how i wasnt really used to using a flexier stick than 100 or 110 flex in Easton's scale, but i loved it when i took my first shot. It seemed as if when i wound up for a slapper and shot the puck, the shaft just seemed to load the puck. great flex for shooting IMO. 10/10

Shooting: This stick was by far the greatest stick shot-wise, that i've EVER used. When i first decided to purchase it i wasnt too sure about how my shot would be, due to the fact that my shot totally sucked with my xn10. But when i first stepped onto the ice and took a slapshot, it just seemed as the puck had been shot out off the blade. i had great accuracy, and great snapshots/wristhots also.GREAT for shooting. 10/10

Stickhandling: This stick provides the best feel for a composite that i have ever used. The blade gives off a very ''controlable'' feel, much more than a si core or even a wood in that matter. Was able to toe drag and stick handle very smoothly and easily. 10/10

Durability: so far no cracks or marks on the shaft or blade. 10/10

Conclusion: This is by far the best stick I own or use at the time, i have pretty much every OPS on the market and would totally say that this is a great buy. At first i was afraid of dissapointment due to my bad experiences with my response rubber, response, and my xn10. Great improvement on the TPS response for this season. Overall, i love this stick and iam hoping to buy another in the future.

MY SCORE: 10/10

TPS Response Plus Whip Flex Tkachuk

Backround: 5 8, 140 lbs, Forward

Blade: Feels just like a Synergy to me, but has held up well. 8.5/10

Flex: Coming fron an 85 flex Synergy this feels alot better. The flex definatly added a lot more zip to my slap and wrist shots. 10/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes: Coming from a Shanahan it's alot different but I'm getting used to it. N/A

Shooting: I like shooting with this flex and curve a lot better than any other stick I've tried, definatly adds zip to my shot. 10/10

Weight and balance: Feels 10 times lighter than my Synergy. Response plus says 455 Synergy says 450. Definatly better. 10/10

Durability: Holding up well so far, barely a scratch on it. 10/10

Intangibles: Nice graphics and shape to it.

Conclusion: By far the best stick I've used, blade can be improved though.

9.5 out of 10

TPS Response Plus OPS/ Intermediate flex/ Nash/ LH

Reviewer- 5' 6" 150 lbs., Defense (I LOVE WHIPPY STICKS)

Blade- I do love the curve on this stick, but the durability of TPS blades, in my view, is lacking. After many uses (I emphasize MANY) the blade did seen to get softer, and it eventually broke across the middle, but I guess that can be expected with much use. 7.5/10

Flex- In my opinion, the flex of these sticks is phenomenal!! I usually do not use sticks this low in flex, but this one is an acception. I can put all of my weight into a slapshot or a snapshot, and the kick is perfect- it is soooo WHIPPY! 10/10

Shooting- I love winding up and letting one rip with this stick. From the point, my slapshot can be directed wherever I want it to be- I can put all of my wieght in it and keep it low, or I can wind up and let it fly. Snapshots are a dream too, because of the preload capacity of this stick. 10/10

Stickhandling- This stick is nice for stickhandling, becuse of the "response" you get throughout the blade. I definetely like it, but it could be better. 9/10

Durability- Aside from the blade, the shaft is VERY strong. (blade strength could improve) 8.5/10

Conclusion- I am in love with the shaft of this stick, but the blade could be better. The contour of the shaft is great; not too much, not too little. I am definetly buying another. 9.5/10

TPS Response+

Tkachuk, Regular Flex.

• Blade - As most of you already know TPS changed the Tkachuk Pattern in '04 to have a closer resembalence to Easton's Modano (or now Forsberg) pattern. I am very familiar with the Modano pattern and had no problem using this. The blade is also very stiff, most definatley stiffer than any other blade on the market in my mind right now. I like. It did start to give a little after 10 games or so, but it is still very stiff. The blade is also pretty active.
  • Shaft/Flex - The shaft shape is flat on all sides unlike the XN10. The shaft also feels smaller in your hands than a Synergy, but bigger than a Vapor XX, I think it's about the same size as an M-1. I pefer an Easton 85 flex, but I had no problems whatso ever with the flex on this stick, I thought it felt a little stiffer than an 85 but definatley not 100 stiff.
  • Stickhandling/Recieving passes - The blade felt pretty light, so I had no problems with stickhandling. Recieving passes was just fine.
  • Shooting - I didn't notice any advantage shooting with this stick that my Synergy didn't already posess. That being said, I was not dissapointed in the performance at all.
  • Weight and Balance - I believe the Response+ is marked at 455g. It had very nice balance and that made it feel ligher even though it might not have been.
  • Durability - So far so good. It has taken some abuse in the 25 or so games I've played with it, but hasn't died out yet. I don't play super agressive with my stick, nor do I take many slap shots. The blade still feels stiff.
  • Intangables - This stick has very nice performance at a pretty reasonable price. The stick doesn't look that bad either when all the paint chipps away, because of the dark color.

Conclussion - I like this stick better than my Synergy. The handle fits my hand better, and the blade is also stiffer. The stick is also considerably cheaper than other manufactuer's similar sticks. The durability is top notch as well.

8/10

TPS Response Plus

Flex: Siff

Curve: Sundin Pro

Blade: It doesn't feel as good to me as the original Responses but is more durable. The blade feels like an XN10 or R2 composite blade as they are the same blade. 8/10

Flex: I've always preferred the R flex as they intially have better performance for Tme. The problem is that TPS shafts tend to "break in" more than any other brand that I've used and the R flex gets a little whippy after a while. That said, this is an S flex and seems to be holding up a little better over the long term. Slappers are pretty good with it and I don't notice much velocity loss on my wristers. 8/10

Stickhandling/receiving passes: I'm not the type to make a lot of moves but I never have to look down to know where the puck is on my stick. That could be because I've used so many TPS products over the last couple years. It feels very comfortable to me. 8/10

Shooting: Very consistant and you know what to expect on every shot. I'm never surprised by one shot taking off much more than another or one being much weaker than another. Any inconsistancy comes from me and not the stick. 9.5/10

Weight and Balance: At 455g, it is about average in terms of weight but the overall balance is very good. The R+ has more weight in the shaft than the XN10 and that makes the overall balance a little better, even if it is a bit heavier. 9/10

Durability: I got this brand new and it is holding up quite well after a few months of irregular use. There are a couple chips on the blade from skate blades, but nothing that makes me fear that the end is near. 10/10 (so far)

Intangibles: It's a pro stick so it must make me play like a pro right? :rolleyes:

Conclusion: Very solid and reliable stick. I've had great luck with TPS sticks over the last few years and this is another example of those experiences. Good performance, good feel and good durability all add up to one very useful stick.

This is a pro stock stick and not a retail model