Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Congrats, David. Saw you walking in your "07" jersey with your family after the game heading east on Nationwide Blvd. towards the Hyatt, about a block from the arena. I was going to say something but didn't want to take away from your evening, so here it is: Best of luck with your career, hopefully soon in the NHL.

I think I saw JR and Chadd as well, sporting MSH jerseys in O'Shaughnessy's. I was with a bunch of buddies and you guys were leaving, didn't want to yell across the bar. :D

Left your number at the office, JR. Plenty of MSH repping!

Hope you all liked Columbus...

I actually was hoping he lands everywhere but in St. Louis.. but well NHL is NHL so best wishes and congratulations.

I actually was hoping he lands everywhere but in St. Louis.. but well NHL is NHL so best wishes and congratulations.

why? st louis is a young team so its easier to make the team

David Perron-

Outside of Patrick Kane, Perron may have the best set of hands in the entire draft.

Perron’s confidence is the key component that makes him such an exciting prospect.

Perron, who is a 1988 birth year, led his team in scoring with 83 points, his torrid scoring pace in the playoffs (12 G, 16 A, 17 games) led his Lewiston club to the QMJHL championship.

At the CHL prospects game Perron set up a bunch of pylons on the ice before putting on a sick stickhandling display in front of dozens of scouts.

The fact that Perron didn’t play at the highest level of hockey two years ago is a bit of a mystery. His character was often criticized and scouts said he held on to the puck too much. His reputation was that he was hard to coach.

His coach in Lewiston, Ed Harding, is a no nonsense coach and turned Perron’s career around.

Perron is a good skater but needs to improve his acceleration. He has good top speed once he gets there and good lateral mobility.

Some say he has some Ales Hemsky in him, he’s dangerous every shift.

Perron loves to dangle and cheats a little offensively. He needs to learn to be more committed in playing a two way game but with another year of seasoning in junior he could be very, very good.

His + 37 ranked in the top 5 in the QMJHL.

Perron is excellent at bouncing off checks and like Kyle Turris protects the puck very well. Perron is a great athlete with terrific hand eye coordination.

It all depends on how bad Perron wants it. He talks a good game, now he needs to back it up.

Nice blurb on David from the Hockeybuzz Blues blogger, Andy Strickland.

At the CHL prospects game Perron set up a bunch of pylons on the ice before putting on a sick stickhandling display in front of dozens of scouts.

So, he indeed just got some pylons after warming up and started a stickhandling show after everyone was back in the lockers or how did that happen? And a video would be the cherry on the cake! (Positively said)

Perron for the Blues in NHL '09 possibly?....

You bet, sounds good...

Give us some words about yesterday and even better: get your bro on some online PC soon :)

Congrats, David. Saw you walking in your "07" jersey with your family after the game heading east on Nationwide Blvd. towards the Hyatt, about a block from the arena. I was going to say something but didn't want to take away from your evening, so here it is: Best of luck with your career, hopefully soon in the NHL.

I think I saw JR and Chadd as well, sporting MSH jerseys in O'Shaughnessy's. I was with a bunch of buddies and you guys were leaving, didn't want to yell across the bar. :D

Left your number at the office, JR. Plenty of MSH repping!

Hope you all liked Columbus...

That was us...you should've yelled out...

We had a blast...I need to recharge my batteries but yes, I did meet up with David and his family before and after the Draft. At one point I was asked to sit with them during the first round, but he got a bit nervous and decided to be with his family, and that's fine by me.

Must you shit in his Cheerios?

St. Louis is a good hockey town and great fans and a young team. Much better chance of getting to the NHL earlier than to be on a team that doesn't promote their prospects.

C'mon you know (and i know he knows) that its not meant literally and in a bad way.

If it sounded that way, i apologize.

JR:

Must you shit in his Cheerios?

St. Louis is a good hockey town and great fans and a young team. Much better chance of getting to the NHL earlier than to be on a team that doesn't promote their prospects.

I am a bit biased, being as I live here. But St. Louis is one of the best cities for any of our athletes to play in. St. Louis pro athletes always love it here & love the people & the welcome they receive.

Tkachuk loves it here...as does Doug Weight...I think Scott Mellanby was even at the draft party last night at Lester's. Along with Jamal Mayers & several former Blues.

John Davidson loves being in charge, and Andy Murray loves being the coach here. If David Perron can make the squad next year...he will have a hell of a teacher in Murray.

Any player that becomes a Cardinal can't believe how well they are received.

The blues have had a lot of "pride" issues over the last several seasons. This is a result of constantly being "buyers" at the trade deadline for the last decade +. Bringing in J.D. & having to rebuild over the last 2 years from missing the playoffs (and the trades to stock up on picks) has been the best thing for Blues "pride" in a long time. (Since the Brett Hull days). What I mean is: A player can be drafted & brought up by the Blues...therefore growing with the fan base that has been consistently growing over the last 2 years (instead of trading for someone at the deadline year after year) Even though we've stunk it up for 2 seasons in a row now, this entire city is crazy for the new "youth revolution" happening with the Blues.

I'm excited that David was drafted by the Blues. The Blues have been terrible at getting any kind of offense in the drafts (mainly from never having early picks)...until recently. Jarmo has been awesome being in charge of scouting & drafting. e.g. Stempniak & Backes to start...plus Eric Johnson, T.J. Oshie, Marek Schwartz, Ben Bishop & others still to come.

David has a great opportunity ahead of him in St. Louis. From what I hear, David has come this far from hard work & determination. Those are good qualities to have & are definitely appreciated by St. Louis fans. If David shows that here...and he can score...he's pretty much guaranteed to be a fan favorite.

Edited by koivulchuk

Hey David,

Check this out...St. Louis is falling in love with you already.

Many Blues fans know only what they read in the paper. Our St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

We have 2 main hockey writers...Jeremy Rutherford is foremost...followed by Jeff Gordon who refers to himself as "hockey guy" and mainly does blogs & column stuff.

Anyways...Blues fans here will see this article & already begin to take a liking to you...no pressure. :P

Will Perron become the star of this Blues draft?

My favorite point of this article, and an interesting side note -

What if the Blues had drafted Perron, Cherepanov and Esposito in the first round, which was possible?

Time will tell . . .

...but that's another topic altogether...

Enjoy! :D

congrats on landing in st louis, that team has quite a few good things going for it lately, and it's nice to see you be a part of it. I'll have to make sure dougie takes care of you, though, you probably cant have his number ;)

Edited by puck_it