Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

I had to go a few pages back to find what the fuzz was about, and I'd just like to say I completely second hehatemefrisbee's posts.

People are way too bias, and act like he's their homeboy or something. I think it's fine that the few of you that actually know him personally do it, but for the rest of you he's nothing more than a guy who's posted on the same message board as you...

And when exactly is the last time he posted? Alot of you bandwagon types probably weren't even members back then.

Finally I'd like to say though I don't give a s**t about him beeing a former MSH member or not, I think his personal background story is exceptional and deserves all the attention it recieves.

First of, let me say congrats again to David, he is living the dream... coming from totally under the radar to being a first star of the night in the NHL with a big game.. He was in the right place at the right time for one of those goals, but that is what got the job done. Unlike us its is his job.

For many of us it is to late but it is still an inspirational story to be able to come that far. The fact is we don't know all the hard work he's put in. He's made the NHL, and he is making an impact so far. I don't know his full background story,in fact I've only posted once or twice in this thread because he was in a hockey game I play, I saw the thread had a lot of discussion and wanted to let him know, to me I would say you've made it pretty far to be in a video game... Look how far he's come now... (I bet he's in NHL 08 etc now) The only reason I checked on the thread because I can actually catch a Wings on TV and wanted to get some MSH perspective on the game.

He may not post here anymore (I don't know, I don't keep track) but I've seen a few posts from his brother but I bet he still keeps up and I'm sure he tells him the response he gets... I do think its cool and totally awesome that he was a member and I would hate to see "us" tarnish it and not have him come back at all. The fact of the matter is he has contributed and posted I for one would like to see that keep happening.

I'm sure at some point MSH might do a chat or a question and answer session with him or something along those lines and its not often we would have the opportunity to get that type of inside info on the life of a NHL hockey player... I'm sure JR would be able to set something up... I'd just hate to see that ruined. It adds to the to the quality of the board.

I'm a Wings fan, he was a large part in the Blues win. Despite the loss I would like to see him be a success in the league. I am not going to hate on him because of it. I am not going to pretend to know him.. Some people may be to critical because they do know him I don't know, HeHateMeFrisbee said he's a friend on the Wings Message Board maybe that is where he was coming from.

I love this site it's helped me a lot. We are here to help each other and have good hockey debates.

We have all the inside info on gear now we have an opportunity to also get the info on the pro level from a players perspective.

We should all be supportive and cheer him on.

Go David.

I had to go a few pages back to find what the fuzz was about, and I'd just like to say I completely second hehatemefrisbee's posts.

People are way too bias, and act like he's their homeboy or something. I think it's fine that the few of you that actually know him personally do it, but for the rest of you he's nothing more than a guy who's posted on the same message board as you...

And when exactly is the last time he posted? Alot of you bandwagon types probably weren't even members back then.

Finally I'd like to say though I don't give a s**t about him beeing a former MSH member or not, I think his personal background story is exceptional and deserves all the attention it recieves.

First of, let me say congrats again to David, he is living the dream... coming from totally under the radar to being a first star of the night in the NHL with a big game.. He was in the right place at the right time for one of those goals, but that is what got the job done. Unlike us its is his job.

For many of us it is to late but it is still an inspirational story to be able to come that far. The fact is we don't know all the hard work he's put in. He's made the NHL, and he is making an impact so far. I don't know his full background story,in fact I've only posted once or twice in this thread because he was in a hockey game I play, I saw the thread had a lot of discussion and wanted to let him know, to me I would say you've made it pretty far to be in a video game... Look how far he's come now... (I bet he's in NHL 08 etc now) The only reason I checked on the thread because I can actually catch a Wings on TV and wanted to get some MSH perspective on the game.

He may not post here anymore (I don't know, I don't keep track) but I've seen a few posts from his brother but I bet he still keeps up and I'm sure he tells him the response he gets... I do think its cool and totally awesome that he was a member and I would hate to see "us" tarnish it and not have him come back at all. The fact of the matter is he has contributed and posted I for one would like to see that keep happening.

I'm sure at some point MSH might do a chat or a question and answer session with him or something along those lines and its not often we would have the opportunity to get that type of inside info on the life of a NHL hockey player... I'm sure JR would be able to set something up... I'd just hate to see that ruined. It adds to the to the quality of the board.

I'm a Wings fan, he was a large part in the Blues win. Despite the loss I would like to see him be a success in the league. I am not going to hate on him because of it. I am not going to pretend to know him.. Some people may be to critical because they do know him I don't know, HeHateMeFrisbee said he's a friend on the Wings Message Board maybe that is where he was coming from.

I love this site it's helped me a lot. We are here to help each other and have good hockey debates.

We have all the inside info on gear now we have an opportunity to also get the info on the pro level from a players perspective.

We should all be supportive and cheer him on.

Go David.

They mentioned on VS. that he was living in a hotel for a while. It was probably his second home compared to the rink, with how hard he is probably working on his skills over in st. louis. He probably doesn't even have a computer at this point.

Funny anectdote. My brother and I are in a fantasy hockey league and from time to time we'll send each other suggestions on unknowns who might be worth picking up. Yesterday he sends me a note suggesting, you guessed it, David Perron. I sent back and was like, "yeah, I've heard of him."

David is not THAT big a guy...but Damn...is he strong on the puck.

Just saw that drive to the net he put on CBJ late in the game tonight...no goal, but a good move.

He played tonight so he's staying in the show correct?

Same question.

Al Mac said that management would discuss it after the game.

That was game #9...so the decision has to be made before he plays again, right?

Announced during the third period on FSN that he is in the line-up for tomorrow night in Nashville. A memo from JD down to Federko.

Fan web poll: David is the most impressive Blues rookie.

Congrats, you earned it so run with it all the way.

Just to add:

The Blues' 19-year-old rookie David Perron, the team's first-round pick this summer, played in his ninth game, one below the threshold for sending him back to juniors without losing a year of control over his rights. In the third period the Blues announced Perron also would be in the lineup on Saturday at Nashville. "David has shown he can play in the National Hockey League and has earned a spot," team president John Davidson said in a release.

Just saw that drive to the net he put on CBJ late in the game tonight...no goal, but a good move.

He was trying to dangle, that wasn't a strength move. A nice shift, for sure, but when going 1 on 3, not really the smartest play. I forget who the other defenseman was on the play but he should have recognized the situation and came across. Honestly, David could very easily have gotten himself knocked into next week with that move.

He definitely doesn't look out of place. I wonder how long until Hinote isn't filling his spot in the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal game.

He was trying to dangle, that wasn't a strength move. A nice shift, for sure, but when going 1 on 3, not really the smartest play. I forget who the other defenseman was on the play but he should have recognized the situation and came across. Honestly, David could very easily have gotten himself knocked into next week with that move.

He definitely doesn't look out of place. I wonder how long until Hinote isn't filling his spot in the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal game.

Maybe strong on his skates is a better way to describe it. Great balance.

young man find yourself a place to stay

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/240665.html

For those who dont understand

Perron will not be returning to Lewiston

John Davidson annouced friday after the game the Perron will not be sent down to the MAINEiacs.

Perron will play his 10th game saturday.

Davidson mentionned that Perron proved that he could last in the NHL and he has earned a spot with the team.

Perron has 4 goals in 9 games with the blues.

(if anyone notices anywhere i messed up just tell me and all edit)

Edited by oggy_3

That's fantastic...he has certainly earned it.

I have been watching every Blues game I can on Center Ice because the team looks so much better than last year, and they are really investing in their young talent. Both St. Louis and Chicago have been the two most exciting teams to watch this year for me.

I will be traveling to St. Louis this year for work at least two or three times, so I will certainly be scraping up some tickets to watch a game or two. I will be sure to wear my MSH jersey to represent! I look forward to seeing him play.