Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

No, Perron is also a lefty, P.Perron of course. :)

ill just go on ahead and clear up what everyone else is sort of saying:

kovalev is a lefty

perron is a righty

Edited by Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

No, Perron is also a lefty, P.Perron of course. :)

ill just go on ahead and clear up what everyone else is sort of saying:

kovalev is a lefty

perron is a righty

aww don't make me have to go back and edit my post now! :P

Watched the game off and off tonight and didn't see him much, according to the ESPN box score only a bot over 8 minutes of ice time tonight.

It seems like David draws a penalty on the other team almost every time I watch them play. They seem to be getting a lot of powerplay opportunities thanks to him.

He almost had a goal. Came right out of the box and had a breakaway, Bourdon checked him but he still got a shot on Luongo. It was pretty fun to watch him fly out there even if it was for 8 minutes.

Yeah, he got a penatly for hooking and had a very nice breakaway coming out of the box. Put the puck right in Luongo's glove. Otherwise he was involved with the play when he was on the ice. No other real nice plays.

Another interesting anecdote I read about David in this week's ESPN mag, apparently he didn't have a SS number and had trouble cashing his paychecks so John Davidson had to loan him some cash haha.

I cannot beleive how Murrey barley plays David 4on4 he is one of the most skilled players on the team and doesn't even get the chance to play.

I cannot beleive how Murrey barley plays David 4on4 he is one of the most skilled players on the team and doesn't even get the chance to play.

Could be he hasn't developed the defensive awareness to be used 4 on 4 yet.

Not in the lineup Vs the Sabres apparently.

Sounds like a fun day at the office!!!

David Perron is not in the lineup.

“We talked to him about it,” Murray said. “There’s going to be moments (when he needs to sit and watch).”

Perron had an interesting day Tuesday. He is living at a downtown hotel now and thought that practice was at the Mills. So he drove 25 minutes to practice only to find the place dark. There was traffic both ways on Highway 70, so by the time he got to Scottrade Center, the team already had its meetings.

“We just had a session about how you handle yourself as a pro,” Murray said about a previous meeting with Perron, in which he told the rookie, “You’re a young guy and you’re going to have those moments, but it’s my job to remind you. Do everything the right way. Then he misses the meeting.”

So Perron shows up in time to get dressed with the rest of the players, but then came the prank you knew was coming.

“The guys cut his laces,” Murray said laughing. “He’s in there throwing his gear on, red in the face, sweat is pouring, goes to put his skates on and (snap).”

The team busted up laughing.

“We all knew his laces were cut,” D.J. King said. “He’s in a go-go-go situation. We’re all watching him as he’s lacing them and then all the sudden he’s like ‘Oh man.’ We started laughing and he said, ‘What’s funny.’ I said, ‘Your laces are cut, that’s what is funny.’”

When I got done talking with King, he asked someone how long he had till the bus left. When he was told he had two minutes, I apologized for “talking his arm off.”

Dan Hinote, standing nearby us, said: “Don’t talk his arm off. We need it.”

From http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-morni...-chicken-wings/

I, for one, am disappointed with the veterans of the St. Louis Blues. Someone should be taking the kid under their wing, maybe put the kid up, pick him up on the way to the rink, etc. Razz the kid at the rink, sure, but make sure he gets there first.

Another interesting anecdote I read about David in this week's ESPN mag, apparently he didn't have a SS number and had trouble cashing his paychecks so John Davidson had to loan him some cash haha.

I just read that the other day actually.

I, for one, am disappointed with the veterans of the St. Louis Blues. Someone should be taking the kid under their wing, maybe put the kid up, pick him up on the way to the rink, etc. Razz the kid at the rink, sure, but make sure he gets there first.

Especially considering the treatment given to Erik Johnson.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.htm...03-9a8f91b1120c

You'd think Weight, Kariya, or Tkachuk could do the same for David. Bourque took care of Samsonov, Lapointe did the same for Bergeron, the list goes on like that in Boston.

This kind of stuff has been going on since the NHL started. Every rookie goes through it. Wait until he has to pick up the check for the rookie dinner. He better have a SS by then because he will need a credit card to help pick up that tab.

Weight has taken him under his wing, but he is still in the hotel. The team doesn't want him living alone - we talked about this when I saw him last week. They wanted him and EJ to move in a house across the street from MacInnis but it hasn't been worked out yet.

This kind of stuff has been going on since the NHL started. Every rookie goes through it. Wait until he has to pick up the check for the rookie dinner. He better have a SS by then because he will need a credit card to help pick up that tab.

How many rookies on the STL roster...3? At least he's not on his own for the dinner.