Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

This kind of stuff has been going on since the NHL started. Every rookie goes through it. Wait until he has to pick up the check for the rookie dinner. He better have a SS by then because he will need a credit card to help pick up that tab.

How many rookies on the STL roster...3? At least he's not on his own for the dinner.

They were just talking about this on the caps report a couple of weeks back, about the caps rookie dinners. The 99/00 season Jeff Halpern was the only rookie who made the team, however, when they were scheduled to have the dinner, they had a call up from Portland, Alexander Volchkov. He was up for 3 games, the only 3 games in his NHL career, and was there for the rookie dinner, so had to split the tab. Lucky for halpy. Matt Pettinger had to pay the whole tab himself

He might be: Patty Kane told me that Chicago is making the rookies responsible for one dinner each. He got hit HARD on his night.

One each?? Damm in Montreal it's the rookie dinner, all the rookies pay for the diner.

funny story about Perron you all might enjoy

-----------------------------------------

“We talked to him about it,” Murray said. “There’s going to be moments (when he needs to sit and watch).”

Perron had an interesting day Tuesday. He is living at a downtown hotel now and thought that practice was at the Mills. So he drove 25 minutes to practice only to find the place dark. There was traffic both ways on Highway 70, so by the time he got to Scottrade Center, the team already had its meetings.

“We just had a session about how you handle yourself as a pro,” Murray said about a previous meeting with Perron, in which he told the rookie, “You’re a young guy and you’re going to have those moments, but it’s my job to remind you. Do everything the right way. Then he misses the meeting.”

Perron showed up after the meetings, but in time to get dressed with the rest of the players. Then came the prank you knew was coming.

“The guys cut his laces,” Murray said laughing. “He’s in there throwing his gear on, red in the face, sweat is pouring, goes to put his skates on and (snap).”

The team busted up laughing.

“We all knew his laces were cut,” D.J. King said. “He’s in a go-go-go situation. We’re all watching him as he’s lacing them and then all the sudden he’s like ‘Oh man.’ We started laughing and he said, ‘What’s funny.’ I said, ‘Your laces are cut, that’s what is funny.’”

honestly thats pathetic that he has to live in a downtown hotel. Shame on Kariya, Weight and Tkachuk i'm very disapointed.

"Sometimes, in years past, the No. 1 pick has to come in and be the face of the franchise. That's not so here, which is a good thing. We want to make sure he succeeds."

Edited by hahaimhenry

Murray does his best to keep the line ups the same when the Blues are winning, sometimes that results in guys like Perron being the odd man out until someone plays themselves out of the lineup... that's why Erik Johnson was scratched for 2 or 3 games past his IR stint...

And as far as I know they don't like him living alone downtown and are trying to get him and EJ to move in together.

Edit: Yeah JR, Stempniak's goal tonight was a true showcase of what he's capable of. He's had a rough run of it these first 20 games... only had 1 goal on the season until last night... although it's not that he wasn't getting chances... puck was just bouncing all the wrong ways -- he's a talented kid, it'll pick up. He's a streaky scorer anyway... they'll come. He's playing more complete hockey this season.

Edited by LoXish

Not sure - Murray did say that he needed some games off once in a while...

Anyone see Stempniak's goal tonight?

Just saw the highlight of Stempniak's goal. Was definetly a first time I've ever seen something like that. Nice goal none the less. After the goal I'll give a 10.

Murray leaves the line-up the same with a win and changes after a loss. If you look at last night, Johnson was out and Wagner was in after the OT loss Friday night. Being a divisional game, I assume Murray left King in the line-up and only put Wagner in. King got the game winner so we can't get on him much this time. I would expect to see David back in Tuesday or Friday at the latest.

If I am not mistaken, Wagner lives in the hotel as well. They are trying to get a house for Johnson and David right by the MacInnis house. There is something holding it up but, I did not bother to ask what.

Murray leaves the line-up the same with a win and changes after a loss. If you look at last night, Johnson was out and Wagner was in after the OT loss Friday night. Being a divisional game, I assume Murray left King in the line-up and only put Wagner in. King got the game winner so we can't get on him much this time. I would expect to see David back in Tuesday or Friday at the latest.

If I am not mistaken, Wagner lives in the hotel as well. They are trying to get a house for Johnson and David right by the MacInnis house. There is something holding it up but, I did not bother to ask what.

Copy cat.

Anyone see Stempniak's goal tonight?

Been watching it on my DVR...keep replaying it...my wife screams out "damn!" as he gets popped and slides over the crossbar.

Weight has taken him under his wing, but he is still in the hotel. The team doesn't want him living alone - we talked about this when I saw him last week. They wanted him and EJ to move in a house across the street from MacInnis but it hasn't been worked out yet.

Copy cat.

You too.

Which game did he score this "amazing goal" in?? just saw highlights from the blues-wild game and his goal (2nd of the season) was "just" a long-range wrist shot, great shot but no deking are anything special about it at the nhl level... (plus sombody posted something with him over the crossbar???)

Keept thinking he'd pot an amazing goal later based on the posts in this thread... then in ot he gets the puck on a 2on2.... this is it I think... but instead of amazing he makes a drop pass to gaborik who goes directly the other way and scores the OT winner... LOL

Weight has taken him under his wing, but he is still in the hotel. The team doesn't want him living alone - we talked about this when I saw him last week. They wanted him and EJ to move in a house across the street from MacInnis but it hasn't been worked out yet.

Copy cat.

You too.

Touche'.

I'm kinda torn here...for how quickly he's risen in the hockey world...is going to play for the Jr's a step backward for David...? Or, just a natural step for an elite player his age that he kinda side stepped in his meteoric rise from unknown MSHer to deserving NHLer

On the other hand, with David on Team Canada....we stand a better chance to go 4 straight Golds, and if he's not going to play in StL....I'd love to see him shine on an International stage...I mean...playing in the WJr's did wonders for that Crosby kid :P