Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

I'm kinda torn here...for how quickly he's risen in the hockey world...is going to play for the Jr's a step backward for David...? Or, just a natural step for an elite player his age that he kinda side stepped in his meteoric rise from unknown MSHer to deserving NHLer

On the other hand, with David on Team Canada....we stand a better chance to go 4 straight Golds, and if he's not going to play in StL....I'd love to see him shine on an International stage...I mean...playing in the WJr's did wonders for that Crosby kid :P

Winning at the world juniors has to be more fun than watching from the pressbox.

I'm kinda torn here...for how quickly he's risen in the hockey world...is going to play for the Jr's a step backward for David...? Or, just a natural step for an elite player his age that he kinda side stepped in his meteoric rise from unknown MSHer to deserving NHLer

On the other hand, with David on Team Canada....we stand a better chance to go 4 straight Golds, and if he's not going to play in StL....I'd love to see him shine on an International stage...I mean...playing in the WJr's did wonders for that Crosby kid :P

Winning at the world juniors has to be more fun than watching from the pressbox.

I realize that...but being away from the NHL environment....(coaches, other players, training sched...) can that hurt?

Mind you, I'd bet Hockey Canada (and this tourney especially-it's kinda the jewel in HC's crown) is not unlike an NHL environment.

Strickie had more on this tonight. You can read it all if you like at

Andy Strickland

Oh Canada!

It looks like Blues forward David Perron will participate for Canada in the upcoming World Junior Championships.

I know Perron will be disappointed by the news which is completely understandable. Why would he want to leave the NHL? I certainly hope he doesn’t take the assignment as a demotion.

What a great life experience this will be for Perron who has never participated in this tournament.

The World Juniors is the closest thing to the NHL in terms of overall pace and skill level. It’s extremely intense and includes the best players in the world under the age of 20. This is different than the U-18 tournament; these kids are stronger, more mature, and much more developed as hockey players. It’s a tournament for men, not boys.

The games may not be played as smart or as controlled as what you see in the NHL, but some would argue that’s what makes the games so entertaining.

The bottom line is if Perron is not going to be inserted into the St. Louis Blues lineup on a consistent basis, then allowing him to represent his country is a no-brainer. I personally think he should be a regular in the Blues lineup because he gives them a dimension they lack, which is offensive imagination, creativity, not to mention he’s a legitimate scoring threat.

Some would argue that Erik Johnson should be allowed to represent USA and play in his third WJC. The difference here is that he’s already played in the tournament twice and there is a greater need for EJ if the Blues were to lose a D-man to injury.

Assigning Perron to the WJC certainly helps the Blues out as well. They need to make a roster move before they can bring Martin Rucinsky off of IR who is eligible to come of this Friday. Sending Perron to the WJC is no different than assigning the kid to the minors; he comes off your 23 man roster.

This move would give the Blues some necessary breathing room for a few weeks as long as they don’t suffer any long-term injuries.

Perron will return to the St. Louis Blues following the tournament.

This may not be an exciting idea for Perron right now, but assuming he has a great tournament and Canada plays well and wins a gold medal Perron will return to St. Louis with as much confidence as he’s had all season. He’ll feel on top of the world.

Hockey fans in Canada got a glimpse of Perron in last year’s Memorial Cup when he played for Lewiston and then again this past summer when he was on a line with Sam Gagner and John Tavares in the Canada, Russia Super Series. He’s the real deal, a magician with the puck who plays with desire, Canada will be lucky to have him!

You can expect Perron to leave for Calgary early next week where Canada is holding their training camp before going over to the Czech Republic.

Can someone explain Andy Murray's master plan to me? Why in the hell is Jamal Mayers getting 14+ minutes of ice time while Kariya, Boyes and Tkachuk are getting 11-12? What a shock, they lost the game too.

When the team wins it often seems like it's in spite of the coach, not because of him.

Edit: Kariya actually got 18 minutes.

The box score has been changed since last night. I still don't understand Mayers getting 17:55

Don't hate on Mayers, his a good all-round player.

But I understand the notion that the top-players should get more ice time than him.

Great role player, but he isn't a top flight goal scorer. When you're down a couple goals, those are the guys you need on the ice.

New info with some good insight from Andy Strickland. I went ahead and pasted the entire article since the parts about the other players are minor. The very last paragraph is interesting. It leads me to think JD wants David to learn something specific from Hartsburgh.

There are six Canadian players in the NHL who are eligible to participate in the World Junior Championships later this month in the Czech Republic.

Jonathan Toews (Chicago), Sam Gagner (Edmonton), Milan Lucic (Boston), Jordan Staal (Pittsburgh), James Sheppard (Minnesota), and David Perron (St. Louis)

Hockey Canada has contacted all six clubs to inquire about their availability for the tournament.

Only Kevin Low of Edmonton and Larry Pleau of St. Louis have not decided whether or not to send their players. Both Low and Pleau told Hockey Canada officials that they will make a decision by the end of the week.

It’s obvious why Staal and Toews will not be leaving their respective NHL teams for a few weeks to go play in this tournament.

Minnesota has a need for Sheppard, especially after the retirement of Wes Walz, not to mention the former Cape Breton star is playing around 15 minutes a night for the Wild.

Boston told Hockey Canada Lucic will not be going even though the forward has registered only one goal and one assist in 21 games this season.

Hockey Canada would like to have an answer no later than Sunday so that travel arrangements can be made to get the players in training camp by Monday in Calgary. More than 30 players will participate in the camp before Head Coach Craig Hartsburg takes his team to the Czech Republic.

Blues President John Davidson has a lot of f respect for Hartsburgh, JD told me the Blues wouldn’t even be considering sending Perron unless he was coaching the team.

Don't hate on Mayers, his a good all-round player.

But I understand the notion that the top-players should get more ice time than him.

Great role player, but he isn't a top flight goal scorer. When you're down a couple goals, those are the guys you need on the ice.

Maybe the Blues top guys are the kind who do more with less.

Can someone explain Andy Murray's master plan to me? Why in the hell is Jamal Mayers getting 14+ minutes of ice time while Kariya, Boyes and Tkachuk are getting 11-12? What a shock, they lost the game too.

When the team wins it often seems like it's in spite of the coach, not because of him.

Chadd he did the same thing in LA. He loves his grinders and expects all his players to play like one. Its going to eventually drive STL fans nuts.

Good read SimonP, he seems very level headed despite the unwarranted pre-draft reports of him being "cocky"

I think he tends to be more candid about his aims rather than rolling out the stock answers that many athletes do, some see this as cocky, personally I like the straight talking - particularly if you can back it up as he has so far.

Just a guess, but the people calling him cocky may have also done so because of his flashy style + Equipment (lol) that he used in Jrs.

Just a guess, but the people calling him cocky may have also done so because of his flashy style + Equipment (lol) that he used in Jrs.

So being an MSHer also have its shadows (= the unknowing people blaming you for style and equipment geekness)

Good read SimonP, he seems very level headed despite the unwarranted pre-draft reports of him being "cocky"

I think he tends to be more candid about his aims rather than rolling out the stock answers that many athletes do, some see this as cocky, personally I like the straight talking - particularly if you can back it up as he has so far.

There's a fine line between being confident and being cocky and everyone judges that line differently. You need to have the confidence that you belong at the NHL level and I don't see anything wrong with a guy saying he believes that he has the talent to stick with the team.

David picked up a goal and an assist tonight , although the Blues got their butts kicked 9-5. I doubt they'll send him to the WJC.

Looks like he's not going -

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224834&hubname=nhl

The Blues have decided that Perron is too valuable to the club to let him participate in the tournament that will take place in the Czech Republic.

Hopefully that means he's valuable enough to get regular ice time.

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank all of you for the support and all the replies ive got from you guys...I try to read to board as much as I can but I don't get much time to do so...We are off today even if we lost 9-5 yesterday. Also even if its frustrating to not play every game, I got confidence in Andy Murray and I think he knows what he is doing, I'm 19 and I will have my time, its just a matter of being extremly patient now and work as hard as I can. Remember its the nhl and its the highest level, no need to be impatient...

Again guys thanks for all the replies and I hope all of you have a good hockey season and Happy holidays...