Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Thanks for the kind words. Merry X-Mas, David. I think you got your present a bit earlier this year.

Exdit:

Time to re-new your avatar ^_^

Edited by Sven

I just find it ridiculous how hes only third behind toews and kane in rookie points per game, hes only .9 points per game behind toews, hes also playing with an underachieving weight while toews and kane have each other, yet like said many times he hardly plays

I just find it ridiculous how hes only third behind toews and kane in rookie points per game, hes only .9 points per game behind toews, hes also playing with an underachieving weight while toews and kane have each other, yet like said many times he hardly plays

He's making the most of the opportunities that he is getting for sure. At some point, he'll be a fulltimer...but, he's obviously being patient...and that is a good thing.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/241981.html

Nice little french article that talks about the white skates factor how he has sick hands (even compares him to Kovy) and that Doug Weight saw him with a sandwich once while getting on a plane and told David your in the big leagues now buddy, I don't want to see you eat another sandwich again.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/241981.html

Nice little french article that talks about the white skates factor how he has sick hands (even compares him to Kovy) and that Doug Weight saw him with a sandwich once while getting on a plane and told David your in the big leagues now buddy, I don't want to see you eat another sandwich again.

Nice article. I Babelfished it and it was a good read. Funny anecdote: "David outside staircase" (=Perron literally translated) Haha. :lol:

David picked up a goal and an assist tonight , although the Blues got their butts kicked 9-5. I doubt they'll send him to the WJC.

Looks like he's not going -

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224834&hubname=nhl

The Blues have decided that Perron is too valuable to the club to let him participate in the tournament that will take place in the Czech Republic.

Hopefully that means he's valuable enough to get regular ice time.

The Blues have nothing to gain by letting him play in the WJC.

David's put on 8 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks...

That's intense.

To go along with that there is an update from Strickie this afternoon.

David Perron has moved in with Strength and Conditioning Coach Nelson Ayotte for the remainder of the season.

Could he turn into another Brindamour??

One thing is for sure, David will learn conditioning and diet from one of the best.

David's put on 8 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks...

That's intense.

To go along with that there is an update from Strickie this afternoon.

David Perron has moved in with Strength and Conditioning Coach Nelson Ayotte for the remainder of the season.

Could he turn into another Brindamour??

One thing is for sure, David will learn conditioning and diet from one of the best.

Here's a little update about that from Jeremy rutherford.

Perron has moved in with Blues strength and conditioning coach Nelson Ayotte. He’s pretty excited after living in three different hotels in St. Louis.

“I think it’s going to be a good idea to move in with him . . . obviously we have a good relationship,” Perron said. “It’s going to be good for the nutrition. But for sure, I will have some adjustments. We set the rules. If I need some food, I said I want some chocolate bars and some candy.”

Ayotte made a weird face, “and I said that I was just kidding,” Perron said.

Perron acknowledged Tuesday that he was sick for a stretch of games a few weeks ago. He said he started feeling ill after his 10th NHL game Nov. 19 against Nashville. Perron had a goal in that game but went without a point for the next four games. He was then made a healthy scratch for the next four games.

“That stretch I was starting to get a little sick,” he said. “I didn’t say nothing to anybody, but I was sick for four or five games in a row and was trying to play through that . . . I was getting tired, but now I’m all right.”

3 minutes of ice time tonight, inexcusable. I was patient with Murray and his outtake on the rookies and whatnot, but David playing with Hinote and Mayers isn't going to do him any good... fucking stupid.

3 minutes of ice time tonight, inexcusable. I was patient with Murray and his outtake on the rookies and whatnot, but David playing with Hinote and Mayers isn't going to do him any good... fucking stupid.

Stole the words right out of my mouth.. the team had lost like 4 in a row and you keep playing the same guys? :angry:

Hasn't David been playing with Weight?

Let's not forget to see the forrest for the trees people...

Don't complaign about David's coach (and team) keeping him out of a situation that could, potentially turn disasterous and make him (David) look like a ass.

Remember, Weight is gone.

Why is it that David is more patient with HIS CAREER then we seem to be?

Let him get used to his teammates for craps-sake so he can play to HIS potential.

He's a future, first string winger.... unless he's put in a position where HE doesn't know his teammates habits and he makes a mistake based on his comfort and ability with his former line.

We're here to support David, not act like overzealous parents with insane expectations!

Can we please sit back and watch him turn into Hall of Famer without all the scrutiny?

Did we all seem to forget that David's TOO IMPORTANT to the Blues to sacrifice to another competition? That's what his coach said.

Let's just be happy, for David, that he's in the show and be patient.

Edited by D aka speck

Guys, relax a bit...David is a good prospect and probably the most talented player on the Blues roster but IMO he's not ready physically to play on a regular shift game after game in this league. Yesterday, it was Calgary, a hard-hitting game so I think it was a good idea from Murray to sit him and put players who are better at handling the rough stuff.

Maybe some will find me crazy but I find Murray is doing a perfect job with David by intergrating him slowly to the team and the league. So David needs to keep on working and workout out of the ice so he can continue to mature physically.

So for my part, good job Andy and I'd say the Blues will bounce back and win against Detroit thursday.

Edited by Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Guys, relax a bit...David is a good prospect and probably the most talented player on the Blues roster but IMO he's not ready physically to play on a regular shift game after game in this league. Yesterday, it was Calgary, a hard-hitting game so I think it was a good idea from Murray to sit him and put players who are better at handling the rough stuff.

Maybe some will find me crazy but I find Murray is doing a perfect job with David by intergrating him slowly to the team and the league. So David needs to keep on working and workout out of the ice so he can continue to mature physically.

So for my part, good job Andy and I'd say the Blues will bounce back and win against Detroit thursday.

I agree with most of this Kovy. I disagree with Murray playing him 5 mins with grinders. If he is going to play with that type of player it should be Mayers and Rucinsky with 3rd line minutes. David could help get Rucinsky going and Mayers is fast enough to play with them. Jamal is also a great heart player that could teach a lot as well. My 2 cents on that.

I agree with most of this Kovy. I disagree with Murray playing him 5 mins with grinders. If he is going to play with that type of player it should be Mayers and Rucinsky with 3rd line minutes. David could help get Rucinsky going and Mayers is fast enough to play with them. Jamal is also a great heart player that could teach a lot as well. My 2 cents on that.

Exactly what I said. I have no issues with Murray not matching Perron with Iginla and I understand sometimes certain players need to be played... but Perron shouldn't be playing with 4th line grinders like Hinote and Mayers.

Why shouldn't he? I'm not saying he isn't talented or not creative offencively, but look back at the ice cops that rode shotgun on Joe Thornton's line when he was a rookie.

Murray KNOWS what he can do offensively. Part of his development as a regular NHLer is to learn both ends of the ice. Putting him with like minded players means he's more likely to stand out as a liability defensively....guys like Mayer & Hinote know their role...David gets a chance to learn his defensive game and has 2 reliable guys to teach him, and more importantly be there when he screws up (which he will while learning that role).

He couldn't learn that role in Jrs...and the AHL isn't an option for him...so he has to "learn on the job" as the case may be. His Offensive numbers/opportunities will come, but Murray wants a player that he can use in all situations.