Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Second year players should dominate I would think... David should be in the big game, but.. hope he atleast makes the young guns game

He was shut out of the YoungStars game as well.... travesty.

YoungStars Roster

Berglund has the same number of points in fewer games and since they have a much smaller roster they obviously want to have as many teams represented as possible. Regardless of our feelings it is a completely defensible decision.

It is a shame because the game is in Montreal which would mean more to him than any of the players

He should be there ahead of Dubinsky for starters.

That may be but the NHL is concerned about marketing the game and giving people in as many markets as possible a reason to watch the skills and rookie game.

I don't get how the NHL doesn't think he's marketable. This guy can dazzle with the puck and that's all the kids like to do nowadays.

I don't get how people don't understand that it has nothing to do with him personally. They're just picking bodies that fit the city and first or second year

I get that, and even though they're different year players I'd just rather see Perron over Berglund personally.

That would require the deletion of one of the other second year guys and adding a different rookie. It isn't a one for one swap. Who would you add and delete?

Do Bobby Ryan and Kyle Okposo still count as first years? If so you could put them in for Berglund, and from the sophomores you can take out Dubinsky/Cogliano/Raymond.

What would you do?

Do Bobby Ryan and Kyle Okposo still count as first years? If so you could put them in for Berglund, and from the sophomores you can take out Dubinsky/Cogliano/Raymond.

What would you do?

As much as I like David and follow his career, I leave it as it is. Pulling Cogliano or Raymond would piss off a lot of Canadian fans and Dubinsky plays in the largest media market in north america. David has the talent to play in the big game at some point down the road, I'll hold out for that day.

Dammit Chadd, I hate when you're right and you always are.

Believe me, I'd rather see him there than staying at home. I can just see why the NHL went the route that it did. I just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle with all of the young guys the Blues have in the pipeline.

Yeah it'd be damn nice to see him there and pull some stuff off. Just like how people are saying Kovalev doesn't belong in the ASG, but he's pretty much made for it.

Could you imagine some kind of vetran vs youngstar dangle/ breakaway move competition, i can just see David vs Kovalev...

On another note, as i was catching up on my podcasts tonight there was an interview with Larry Pleau on one of my team 1040 (vancouver sports radio) and he singled out David by name as one of the guys that has stepped up this year with all the injuries, and believes him to have a long and bright future in teh league, so thought that was worth mentioning

On another note, as i was catching up on my podcasts tonight there was an interview with Larry Pleau on one of my team 1040 (vancouver sports radio) and he singled out David by name as one of the guys that has stepped up this year with all the injuries, and believes him to have a long and bright future in teh league, so thought that was worth mentioning

Now if they can just get Andy Murray to think that way.

I don't get how the NHL doesn't think he's marketable. This guy can dazzle with the puck and that's all the kids like to do nowadays.

Curious...why do you think that?

Have you seen the "NHL believes the game is in great hands" commercial? Freaking kid has ridiculous hands. I always watch Blues games on Center Ice, and they show that commercial all the time. Yes, I know it's not on versus or anything, but it's obvious that someone sees his marketing value for his unbelievable hand skills within the ST Louis organ"eye"zation. Lately, the only national commercials I have seen are the all star game spot, and the Colburn one...which I still think is good. All of the "is this the year" spots seem to have dwindled away.

Speaking of hands, that pass he made yesterday for the primary asst on the first goal...highlights his hand speed and timing. This kid is good. Give him another year or two and I can't wait to see where he will be then.

Edited by MLSman

I don't get a whole lot of chances to see St. Lou play (CHI/STL on WGN tonight). David was on the point for the PP tonight...is that something new...? Or have they used him like that for while.

He's played the point ever since Stempniak was shipped to Toronto. He's done pretty good there. He can carry it across the line which seems to be a skill that the six defensemen they have on the bench haven't fully mastered with the exception of Coliacovo at times.

I had found out yesterday that he was going, but couldn't say anything til it was public.

He's very excited to be going home for this.

It's just what Montreal media will need to start Perron to Montreal rumours.

David was added to the Young Stars game and it won't be long before he's a fixture in the main game. As a Blues season ticket holder, I've watched David grow and mature as a player. The fans love him and marvel at his skill, tenacity and work ethic. He plays a much more physical game as well.

The Blues have billboards around town with David's picture advertising him as "The Playmaker" I'll try to get a photo of one posted - but they're by the interstate so it's hard to stop and take a photo.