Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

TSN's preview of the Blues/Sharks series identified David as the premiere scoring threat on St. Louis, comparing him favourably to Joe Thornton as the Sharks' offensive catalyst -- and noting the dramatic irony that it was Thornton who put him out for almost a hundred games. Interesting moment: they put it as David's chance not only to break out on a big stage, but to punish Thornton on the scoresheet for every day he was sidelined, and to make that hit come back to haunt the Sharks.

Perron is equivalent to Couture or Pavelski, not Thornton. Young, incredibly dynamic, and a goal scorer. Thornton is a pass first player, while Perron, Pavelski and Couture are shooters and finishers.

I won't even begin to argue about the hit. I'm glad David has recovered and is playing great. He is an incredible player to watch, and I wish him well!

They weren't saying he was the same kind of player as Thornton, only that he was of equal importance of his team's offense as Thornton is to his; they also never suggested the hit was anything other than unfortunate. A man fairly beaten can still seek retribution - though of a different kind - than a man wronged. I would, however, suggest that Perron is more of a playmaker than you're suggesting: his assist totals have never been shabby.

Nice article on DP in the recent edition of Hockey News talking about his comeback from his concussion. Nothing online to link to at this point.

great game, great series for David, interestingly his line (with Backes and Oshie) was consistently matched up against the Sharks top line for defensive purposes. It was great to see David take on a more defensive role. He's got the magic hands and great vision and that game winning deflection showed that. Can't wait for Round 2

quite a transformation for David to go from:

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:50 AM

The title says it all...

MSH member AK_27 is featured on NHL.com.

It's with a lot of pride I red this article this morning. David is the living proof that no matter where you play, if you keep your love for the game and keep condfidence in yourself, everything is possible, everything.

to this -

troy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Well I guess this will have to get moved to NHL Discussions soon. Congrats David, it's quite an accomplishment.

to this

Law Goalie

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Blue re-sign David Goliathus after his impressive comeback season: $15.25 millon over 4 years.

Hear that?-- that's the sound of money well-earned.

Congrats to you from all your fans in St. Louis. Your's is a story that hard work and dedication do pay off in the end. Here's to hoping you are a Blue for life and follow up a great cup filled career with #57 hanging in the rafters and a statue outside Scottrade Center.

I still need to get you to sign the 2010 game used jersey

This kid is going to be a star in the NHL this year. He will score anywhere between 25-35 goals and get 60-80 points this year. He will be a major piece for the Blues for years to come.

Edited by JetsCanucks

Someone on HF has an avatar with a blue bottle of Heinz ketchup, except the neck label says "Handz 57". I thought that was pretty cool.