Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lagoiski

Need Help about Sizing of Mission Skates.

Hey guys, I am staying in a country where it is problametic to get hockey equipment. Thus I have to order online. Therefore I need some help in getting the sizing. I am currently using Bauer XX 7.5D for my ice hockey. I want to get Mission He10000 Sr. Roller Hockey Skates '06 Model(those are cheap man!) for my inline and Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Sr. Ice Hockey Skate for my ice(Not sure how much, $500?). Could anyone recommend the sizing, cos I heard that those models all have different fit. I know it is best to go and try to get the best fit, but it is just not possible in my case. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about the sizing and yes unfortunately it would be best for you to try them on. Since I believe you're ordering online then see if it is possible to order from a website that will take the skates back and exchange them for a different size if you need to.

usually the mission sizing is the same as your US shoe size.

No it's not. Mission tend to run half a size to a full size down from shoe, Bauer tends to run one and a half sizes down. Example: I wear a 10 shoe, 9 Mission, 8.5 Bauer, 8 CCM/RBK. I prefer a snug fit, so the half size difference between people is that pref usually.

I wear a 9 US size shoe generally. I am most comfortable in a 8.5 - 9 Mission. I usually go 9 for a little room for thick socks. Ive been using Mission skates since the start of the Hi-Lo setup which is like umm... circa 1998? And they havent changed much in terms of size.

Huh, I've been skating in Missions for a while, and I've found the opposite to be true. My old (98-2000 ?) Proto model inline Missions are size 10, and fit PERFECTLY. I normally wear a size 10 shoe, and the Protos are perfect in terms of length.

Last year I looked into getting some Mission ice skates, and they were sized like a traditional hockey skate. I wear either a 9 or 9.5 in Mission ice (probably a 9, but it'd need to be stretched just a bit).

I am curious if the current Helium/Wicked lines of Mission inlines fit like the current Mission ice lines or the older Proto skates.

since about 99-00 models they have been closer to traditional ice sizing with about a size down being the norm. Seeing as how this came straight from Justin's mouth on a few occasions on these boards and he designs the Mission roller lines, I'm inclined to cite him over Hockeygiant.com's sizing chart.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but a simple search would've turned this up and kept wrong information from being passed again. Mission's do not fit true to shoe, and have not for some time.

it all depends on PP... cause it depends on whether your track shoes are snug or loose. I wear a size 10.5 in track shoes, but that's cause i like a looser fit. But I wear a mission size 10 and still have about 1/4 before my toes touch the toe caps...

also, you may want to check on which foot is larger. My left foot is about 1/4 inch longer than my right. I think the 'master' foot is usually larger

just adding that the supreme one90s may not be right for you if you don't have access to a skate bake machine. There is no point in buying these skates if you're not going to bake them.

and they're going for more than $500.

Well, thanks guys. The baking should be no problem, there is a place selling some inline skates where I can bake, just that their skates selection is really bad.. Just need to find out the right baking settings so that they will not fry my skates since people there are noobs. I was worrying about the ONE90s because my friend told me they have a much smaller fit than my XX. As for Mission skates, I guess I can try some of the skates my friends have to see the sizing. just that now I am not sure if i should get 1000s or Wicked 3s. I like how the Wicked 3 looks more, but 1000 are much cheaper and have better specs. Any suggestions? And how much exactly are ONE90s?

Skates definitely do not fit the same as shoe size. Our skates on average fit 1 full size down from you shoe. I have found that in shoe size 11 and above, the fit is usually 1/2 shoe size down.

I personally wear a 10 in my shoes, and an 8.5 in our skates. It is all based on personal preference.

Well, thanks guys. The baking should be no problem, there is a place selling some inline skates where I can bake, just that their skates selection is really bad.. Just need to find out the right baking settings so that they will not fry my skates since people there are noobs. I was worrying about the ONE90s because my friend told me they have a much smaller fit than my XX. As for Mission skates, I guess I can try some of the skates my friends have to see the sizing. just that now I am not sure if i should get 1000s or Wicked 3s. I like how the Wicked 3 looks more, but 1000 are much cheaper and have better specs. Any suggestions? And how much exactly are ONE90s?

I've had the 10K's and now own Wicked 3's, and the Wicked 3's are every bit as good if not better than the 10K's. The 10K has a thicker tongue, but it felt like I had no flexion in the boot, where the 3 is stiff as well, but feels like I have a lot more ankle snap available. If anything I wish Mission would've put the thicker Tri-Con tongue in the new Wicked's and they'd be perfect for me.

I am curious if the current Helium/Wicked lines of Mission inlines fit like the current Mission ice lines or the older Proto skates.

I have Helium 10K now. They fit the same as the old skates did. 9 shoe, 9 skate.

Personally, and I'm not saying that your fit will be the same, I wear 9 US shoes, and size down to an 8 in Missions. I don't wear socks in my skates, so that might make a slight difference in your preferred size.