Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
crazykeeper3317

Show off your gear

Looks great, very impressed w/ the color combo of the mask especially the silver.

IMO black straps are better cuz when they get nasty you can't see it. Just like black tape on a handle.

Please share a pic in a few months when it has battle scars on it!

Edited by SirJW

Yeah I'm really still debating whether I liked the black or white better. Maybe I'll go with white until it gets dirty and then decide if I want to swap for more white or go straight to black :)

Trying out a foam core stick. Loved the composite for its lightness but it felt so pingy, loved the wood for its solidness but was pretty heavy, hoping the foam core is a nice middle-ground.

kRHAutSl.png

Also went for some new step steel w/ FBV A-Trap

LYAUVJvl.png

OptimusReim - how are you liking the foamcore? I think they're a good, happy medium between composites and wood. Medium weight, much more durable than composites with usually a pretty good feel. I have four foamcores; three of which I might never use because I cannot kill the first one. Congrats on joining the goalie guild, I remember you posting awhile back on this thread about that never happening - glad that wasn't the case!

Here are the first puck marks on my Warrior Ritual G2 Custom Pro pads; today was my first skate with them. Minimal adjustment coming from my Smith 5000 set; it'll take a few more skates to dial stuff in, but overall the first skate went great and I barely noticed the different pads. I actually like the default toe and heel elastic; I was most skeptical of it, but that system worked well, felt good and didn't impede my movement (I impede my own movement, lol).

20150306_201701_zpsng3lf8ek.jpg

In other news, I think I'll be seeing the doc next week because I came up LAME LAME LAME today with a nagging hip issue. Has nothing to do with the new pads, this is something that started on Monday after my second skate back and I'm hoping it's a fitness issue. Fingers crossed. :-/

• Like 1

OptimusReim - how are you liking the foamcore? I think they're a good, happy medium between composites and wood. Medium weight, much more durable than composites with usually a pretty good feel. I have four foamcores; three of which I might never use because I cannot kill the first one. Congrats on joining the goalie guild, I remember you posting awhile back on this thread about that never happening - glad that wasn't the case!

Thanks man! I love the foamcore. I agree, it's the perfect medium between composite and wood. Have been extremely happy with the Twigz stick too, and it's also nice that it matches my gear ;)

Those Warrior pads are awesome. I love any pad that is white/black/silver but those are especially good looking. I'm always amazed by how thick the finger area of the glove is on warriors though. Looks huge! Felt really comfortable when I tried one on at Winterfest, though.

Thanks! I had to play with the graphic a little before I settled on something I really liked. I tried doing the classic/retro option on the pads since I love the knee roll look, but I couldn't make it work well in that color scheme. But I think they came out well in the standard graphic and they play as great as they look. I agree the glove looks huge in the finger area, but it's really deceiving with all the padding. This is probably the first glove that really feels like part of my hand/an extension of my fingers, but I miss having an actual wrist strap to keep it snugger at the base. Probably just a matter of getting used to it.

Glad you like the foamcores! Twigz make some great sticks.

The Twigz were great, but I really loved the look of the new Warrior Swagger LT, especially with the silver carbon weave, since my pads are white/black/silver. And it was at the right price point so I decided to give it a shot. It arrived Saturday (love IW's free overnight saturday delivery shipping!)

The first thing I noticed was how much nicer the top of the paddle area was, seemed more refined than the Twigz. The other thing I noticed is that unlike the Twigz, I can actually flex this thing. I think that should really help with getting the puck up on the glass.

3qJI3Ni.pngmQeHZMB.png

Received my new pillows in Thursday, Reebok P4! I added the blue yesterday.IMG_20150704_113132.jpg

Also installed my cheater cage and have used it once, much better than the oem straight bar cage my mask came with.

23710.jpg

• Like 1

Mask: vaughn
Glove: vaughn 7000 custom
Blocker:vaugh 7000 custom
Pads: vaughn velo 2 kevin weekes graphic
C/a:bauer one55
Skates:bauer reactor 1000(being upgraded),bauer supreme one75
Stick: bauer one50, vaughn composite

not sure what model the mask is as i bought it second hand.also the gloves i believe are custom kipprusoff specs.absolutely love the glove.the blocker not so much,switching it out for a brians dx2.

IMG_20150707_080051_zps1rfn5brj.jpg

kDGTohEaThaeDjbgiMSakxRJ5lrEOJzEN7VJrSAd

Edited by Outlaw33
  • Like 3

i need to upload my gear

I just upgraded and replaced everything

now i'm using as of saturdays game

mask: ProMask Lizard Luongo cut

C/A Bauer Reactor 6000

Still using the same crappy warrior low end pants but they work for now

still working out knee pads, right now i'm between a maltese ktp, warrior ritual G2 pro, and some home made ones that are decent

leg pads got upgraded to Eflex Pros

skates bauer one100

pics coming soon

Boot lifts made by Sara @ PAW. These should help tide me over on my pads being 1/2"-1" too small until I can get new pads.

U9fqt4vl.jpg

JQm7obNl.jpg

Edited by OptimusReim

Out with the old, in with the new. It's amazing how different a 33+1 and a 35+1 is (though still only a 1" difference total from the knee down - notice where the outer breaks are! The Brian's 35+1 is identical to the 34+2)

cftX1fv.jpg

Edited by OptimusReim

Nice pads, OR!! When did you get them? I have a used pair of Gnetik 2's on the way to me right now, hopefully they'll be here by Friday. I told you that you'd want to upgrade your pads sooner than later if you got the S Series!! lol

And btw, the difference in the knee of a 33" and 34/35" in Brian's is only 1/2". The other 1/2" is in the boot. It's crazy that a 1/2" can make such a difference though. I barely land at the bottom of a 33", but was just above center in my 32" Subzeros. How the pads are strapped and flex make a huge difference. My Subs were more loose, so they sat lower on my leg. My Gnetik's are tighter, so they sit higher. The Smart Toe pulls them closer as well.

Nice pads, OR!! When did you get them? I have a used pair of Gnetik 2's on the way to me right now, hopefully they'll be here by Friday. I told you that you'd want to upgrade your pads sooner than later if you got the S Series!! lol

And btw, the difference in the knee of a 33" and 34/35" in Brian's is only 1/2". The other 1/2" is in the boot. It's crazy that a 1/2" can make such a difference though. I barely land at the bottom of a 33", but was just above center in my 32" Subzeros. How the pads are strapped and flex make a huge difference. My Subs were more loose, so they sat lower on my leg. My Gnetik's are tighter, so they sit higher. The Smart Toe pulls them closer as well.

They arrived Monday while I was out of town. Finally got a chance to open the box today.

I would have been content to keep the S-Series if they had fit a bit better. Either way it was a good way to try out the position with decent gear before investing.

And yep, I know about the 33 to 34 difference. That's why it was perfect for me, I really only needed a half size bigger at the knee. I misspoke in my previous post - I meant 1" from the knee down, sorry (fixed in the post). Looking at these things I wonder if I really need the extra 1" in thigh rise over the 34+1, but that's probably something I can just get used to. It's going to be super awkward regardless for the first couple times on the ice.

Edited by OptimusReim