Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
crazykeeper3317

Show off your gear

Pads: Rbk PS1 costum 32"+1,5"

Glove: Brians DX2

Blocker: Brians DX2

C&A: DS matrix

Pants: CCM vector pro

Skates: CCM something

Mask: NXi phantom

Sticks: Montreal 9000(1x), CCM vector 8.0(3x)

can't get the pics to work but i'll put em in when i know how...

Whatever I'll just post my crap then get pics later.

Pads: Mission Helium Lite

Glove: Mission Helium Lite

Blocker: Mission Helium Lite

C/A: RBK 5k

Pants: Itech 4.8

Skates: Bauer 1000 (I think)

Mask: Some Franklin one

Sticks: Vector 6.0

i've dug this out from a few years back

me.jpg

hah think it's kind of funny

the guy on the left has his right skate up and the guy on the right has his left skate up. meh probably just me:D

Edited by OHMYGODIMONFIRE

i've dug this out from a few years back

me.jpg

sweet !

i think i remeber playing you at that game

swindon right?

last season?

challange game?

you won <_< :lol:

yep :D i played awfull that day lol it was my first game back from a big injury still we won lol

ya i use vaughns all the way.. my step dad is the president of vaughn canada and im prob gettin new v3 set of gear with all black and then the strips down the middle will prob be gold or yellow to match my team next year

vaughns all the way boys

alright well im prob guna order some vaughn v3's cause ma step dads the president of vaughn canada. I'm prob guna get the pads all black and then get the two stripes in the middle yellow and gold so it would go with my team next year and im prob guna get a plus 2 thigh rise :D

woops my bad i thought the first 1 didnt work haha

Hi guys,

I'm looking to switch from defense to goal, and trying to get info on gear.

I know its not a cheap postion to switch to but any info on equipment, brands and models that work best would help.

Thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to switch from defense to goal, and trying to get info on gear.

I know its not a cheap postion to switch to but any info on equipment, brands and models that work best would help.

Thanks for the help.

I'm sure you are gonna hear this alot but its all down to how it feels for you. What level do you play at?

for what its worth, useually it is worth the extra money to get the top of the line gear, it usually lasts longer, but there are companies such as vortek and smith that offer pro quality for not that much money

when starting out I suggest buying used gear. It'll be easiest on your wallet if you decide you don't want to play goal after all.

I got my leg pads and gloves used from a kid who graduated high school a few years before me for like $200 he even threw in 2 sticks, helmet (not safe to play in), and a dangler. Bought my goal skates off our team's other goalie for $50. The only new gear I bought was helmet ($200?), jock ($35?), pants ($80), chest pad ($100) and 2 sticks ($45-50 ea) that were my height.

I've upgraded my gear since then finding deals here and there. New leg pads to protect my knees when I butterfly, used pro level $450 shipped via ebay. New catcher that fit my hand (small hands) better with matching blocker under $300 combined via ebay. Then I finally just upgraded to new skates by buying the Pro Tacks that goaliemonkey is clearing out ($200) as well as my helmet which I'm going to get painted (also $200). Now I just need to figure out what I definitely want on my helmet and how much it's going to cost me financially and time-wise.

That's in about 4 years of playing. I started playing my senior year of high school. Now I'm playing regularly in beer league (D level).

I switched from a forward and went into net as our backup goalie. I had only been goalie when my 2 brothers and I were playing deck/street hockey with our roller blades on for a couple of summers.

Best of luck on the switch. Just make sure you enjoy yourself.

Oh and one important thing, makes sure any gear that you do buy is made for ice hockey. It scares me seeing goalies wearing CCM roller/street hockey gear on ice.

I second everything that ctaz said. Talk to other goaltenders, and go around to some hockey shops to try gear on. Ask for help with sizing, various pad styles, etc. Get a feel for what you like or need, and from there do a little shopping around for used gear. This beats blindly buying the first set of pads in your price range, which may or may not fit you/your style.

I got some great gear from stores like Play It Again Sports, and online at eBay. GoalieMonkey, HockeyGiant, etc also have clearance specials which can be handy. When I first started in goal three or so years ago, my first set of pads were Koho 550 pads and OLD Vaughn gloves. Big, heavy beasts of pads the Kohos were, but they did the job and got me in the game. From there I upgraded to lighter, smaller TPS IceCaps, and this year I got a used set of TPS Bionics with matching glove/blocker. I'm always on the lookout for good deals on gear that suits me, reading up on the pros/cons of certain pads, etc. I've been looking at the Bionic line for awhile, as I wanted a more traditional pad for my hybrid style. So I've had three sets in as many years, but that's not necessarily how it goes for everyone (especially if you do your homework before). If you shop smart for quality used gear, you can get some great deals that'll last you awhile. Just have an idea of what's going to suit you first. I'd prefer buying high quality gear used over buying lower quality gear new.

Here's my gear:

Mask: Itech Profile Pro 961

C/A: Simmons 992 Pro

Glove/Blocker: TPS Bionic

Pants: TPS GP7

Pads: TPS Bionic 33"

Skates: Bauer Reactor 3000

100_2237.jpg

Pics of the new lid:

th_100_2239.jpg

th_100_2238.jpg

Edited by Phantom

Well, that's exactly why there are so many pads out there. I, for one, have never liked Eagles (or most flat faced box pads, for that matter).

Edited by Phantom

1493226708_l.jpg

1493208869_l.jpg

what u think of the pads? they're my high school colors cause i like red more than blue and yellow. prolly get blue and yellow pads when i play juniors.

gear:

pads: itech 11.8 x-factor

glove: tps summit pro

blocker: NOW USING vapor xxx. (ccm blockade in pic.)

skates: bauer supreme (Vapor xxx on order)

stick: sherwood 5030 ( i cant buy expensive sticks cause i break 'em left and right)

helmet: itech

pants: vaughn epic

Pads glove and blocker= Vortek VK5

C/A= Glen Miller

Pants= V2's

Skates= Graf 750 boot w/ bauer 7000 cowling

Sticks was a TPS X-lite but i now use RBK 6K's in the raycroft pattern.

VortekHockey039.jpg

1493226708_l.jpg

1493208869_l.jpg

what u think of the pads? they're my high school colors cause i like red more than blue and yellow. prolly get blue and yellow pads when i play juniors.

gear:

stick: sherwood 5030 ( i cant buy expensive sticks cause i break 'em left and right)

I like the Ohio State color scheme :)

1493226708_l.jpg

1493208869_l.jpg

gear:

I like the Ohio State color scheme :)

our high school colors are the same as ohio state's. we actually just got the same socks as them

Here's what I'm using:

Pads: VK5

Catcher: VK5

Blocker: VK5 for ice, Mission Motion for roller

C/A: McKenney 755 for ice, Heaton Z for roller

Pants: Itech 9.8

Mask: Eddy Custom Kevlar

Skates: Bauer Supreme 3000 for ice, Tour Beemers for roller

Here's a pic of my VK5's:

vk5setoj0.jpg