Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
crazykeeper3317

Show off your gear

My Set Up:

Mask: RBK/Protechsport Kevlar Custom ( just waiting for it to get back from paint!)

Mask: Koho Lefevbre

C&A:Itech Profile Pro 800

Pants:Bauer Vapour XXX Pro

Skates:Graf 750 Goaler Pro

Blocker: RBK Premier 2/NHL Spec

Trapper: Vaughn Custom t5500 / NHL Spec

Pads:RBK Premier 1 / 34''

Sticks: Sherwood 9950 / 27''

Pics here ( mods i dont know if i can post links to other boards but...)

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/photogall...amp;ppuser=3316

JVilla

Edited by villavelocity

Do you use anything the same for roller and ice (besides c&a and pants, maybe mask)? I'm starting to do both, and that looks like what I'm going to do.

well all my gear is exactly the same for roller and ice but my gear is very worn in because of it. only reason i do what i do? i cant afford more then one set of goal pads lol

Just saying because villavelocity's pics showed two sets of gear. I was considering the Mission Helium Lites (which I actually use for roller now) and the fact that they are pretty decent considering their price tag. I can only hope the new mission pads are the same.

My setup

pads: Vaughn V2's

Blocker: Vaugh Epic

Glove: Vaughn v3

Chest Protector: Vaughn 7000

Pants: Tackla 7000 Pro

Skates: Vapor XXX's white cowlings

Mask: Itech 960

Sticks: Sherwood 9950 25" Lalime

Edited by timberwolves31

Just saying because villavelocity's pics showed two sets of gear. I was considering the Mission Helium Lites (which I actually use for roller now) and the fact that they are pretty decent considering their price tag. I can only hope the new mission pads are the same.

I have old sets up that i sold on my photobucket....

stock ps1 35'' 12'' wide

matching glove and blocker and stick rbk 6k

tps xceed chest pad

ccm vector pants

bauer vapor xxx skates

koho 570 helmet lalime design

yup thats me chillin waiting for some action hahaHPIM0289.jpg

my gear

Helmet-Redic,custom painted

C/A-Vaughn Epic

Glove-Eagle Fusion 2005

Blocker-Eagle Fusion 2005

Pants-Vaughn Velo's (soon to be V3's)

Skates-Rbk 5k

Leg Pads-Velocity 3

Velo 2 goalie cup

Base Layer-UA Long sleeve compression, WSI jock,long UA socks

Sticks-RBK 6k Fleury, the original ones

From head to toe...

Mask - NXI Phantom with a Certified cage (best off-the-shelf fit for my head, superlight)

Neck - Maltese Combo (the official life-saver)

C/A - Brown 403 (with added sternum and clavicle protection)

Glove - TPS Int. Bionic (much better balanced than the Sr., NHL-spec but for the pocket)

Blocker - Brian's A-Maxx w/ new Nash CPB mesh palm (formerly a Beast w/ iridescent Demon graphics (it fools shooters!))

Pants - Bauer Reactor 6's with Brown kneepads velcro'ed in place of the crappy original ones

Jock - old D&R that still fits the bill

Base layer - Shock Doctor compression shorts with Bioflex cup & Nike Dri-Fit long-sleeve top

Pads - J.S. Aubin's custom Bauer Supreme SEs (from Sept. 2005 with the Marlies), about a 35+1

Skates - Nike Flexlite 10 boots (seriously worked over) in CCM Custom-lite cowlings with CCM/RBK R30 Stainless runners

(formerly Daoust 301 boots and RBK R30 Thrust Blade stainless runners)

Sticks - TPS Omega Roloson pro-returns (24 3/4" paddle, 13.5 lie, working on the second of five sticks)

I was gradually replacing everything as I find suitable used gear, but as of right now, I think I'm set for a while, apart from some minor refurbishing on the pads, and some additions to the C/A as parts become available.

Edited by Law Goalie

What the hell, sure --

Flickr Photoset - Brian's Beast

The material that appears green in the first pic (beside the Velo glove of the guy who sold me the Beast blocker) is the iridescent Jenpro. As the angle of light changes across the face of the material, it shifts from emerald-green to a darker green to a deep purple up to a ruby red. It's really tricky to catch anything other than the green phases on film, but if you look at the second picture (the side of the blocker palm), you can see on the rightmost edge of the green, it's just starting to transition to dark purple.

Basically, there was a very small amount of this stuff available for a very short time, and it's all gone now. Brian's and Vaughn had most of it, IIRC. Since hockey equipment buyers place relatively tiny orders compared with other businesses, they tend to only get the 'scraps' of bigger enterprises. I've only seen one set of Vaughn gear with iridescent graphics, and a couple of Brian's.

I think it looks great, particularly as a bridge between my blue gear and my red-lettered TPS sticks. It would have been amazing as a trim colour, if it hadn't been used up so quickly.

Edited by Law Goalie

What the hell, sure --

Flickr Photoset - Brian's Beast

The material that appears green in the first pic (beside the Velo glove of the guy who sold me the Beast blocker) is the iridescent Jenpro. As the angle of light changes across the face of the material, it shifts from emerald-green to a darker green to a deep purple up to a ruby red. It's really tricky to catch anything other than the green phases on film, but if you look at the second picture (the side of the blocker palm), you can see on the rightmost edge of the green, it's just starting to transition to dark purple.

Basically, there was a very small amount of this stuff available for a very short time, and it's all gone now. Brian's and Vaughn had most of it, IIRC. Since hockey equipment buyers place relatively tiny orders compared with other businesses, they tend to only get the 'scraps' of bigger enterprises. I've only seen one set of Vaughn gear with iridescent graphics, and a couple of Brian's.

I think it looks great, particularly as a bridge between my blue gear and my red-lettered TPS sticks. It would have been amazing as a trim colour, if it hadn't been used up so quickly.

Very interested in the skates you converted, could you post pics up of them please? (Hope this doesn't sound to cheeky! :P )

mask - redic

neck and collarbone - original heaton that i have had for about 7 years

gobler - perani's brand (not sure the actaul company)

chest and arm - itech prodigy 9.8

blocker - vaughn legacy 7000

glove - Vaughn vision 5500 (best glove ever made)

pants - rbk premiere pros

pads - 11.8 x-factors 36 +1 and 11 in wide

skates - ccm tacks 652's

stick - original heaton helite z broduer curve (got about 10 left)

thats it... just wondering if any of you guys know what other stick has the same lie and curve as the broduer cuz i can't use those things forever.

HOW DO I GET A PIC UP HERE?? im really bad with computers

Just an update...

Mask: Sportmask Rico

C/A: DS 993

Gloves: Smith 5000

Pads: Smith 5000

Shorts: TPS GP 105

Skates: Bauer XIX

Stick: Vapour XX

Jock: very old Koho G100 or somthing like that :P

also just for the record I was the first person in europe to get the smith 5000's

Ive upgraded all my gear within the past year

Just an update...

Mask: Sportmask Rico

C/A: DS 993

Gloves: Smith 5000

Pads: Smith 5000

Shorts: TPS GP 105

Skates: Bauer XIX

Stick: Vapour XX

Jock: very old Koho G100 or somthing like that :P

also just for the record I was the first person in europe to get the smith 5000's

Ive upgraded all my gear within the past year

lol good on you then!

Mask-Hackva carbon black . and i also have an eddy

chest protector- vaughn epic

pants-vaughn epic

skates-ccm 1052 pretty beat up' im ordering the grafs G50 ultras pretty soon

leg pads- rbk p2 35+1 white white silver

catcher/blocker-simmons ultra 2 for now. im ordering rbk p2s in a couple weeks white white silver.

sticks- 2 rbk's (cujo curve) and 2 montreal's(nabokov curve ) 25 paddle currently using the montreals

Edited by FleuryJr29