Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
crazykeeper3317

Show off your gear

I know you guys have seen my new pads and gloves, but here's everything I have all together. I was bored, and I just returned from hockey so all my gear was out anyway. Here are my two sets. It's pretty easy to tell which set goes on ice and which one goes for inline. Stuff up the middle gets used for both. As you can see, I've become quite the Battram whore. I'm thinking about getting a c/a relatively soon. We'll see.

PA250391.jpg

Nice collection... but I'd catch hell spreading my stuff out like that just getting back from hockey.

The better half not into the hockey smell at all... ;)

Yeah it's me...I'm getting back between the pipes where I belong. Those pads are sick, but if you're living in NYC no one is going to appreciate them.

I know you guys have seen my new pads and gloves, but here's everything I have all together. I was bored, and I just returned from hockey so all my gear was out anyway. Here are my two sets. It's pretty easy to tell which set goes on ice and which one goes for inline. Stuff up the middle gets used for both. As you can see, I've become quite the Battram whore. I'm thinking about getting a c/a relatively soon. We'll see.

PA250391.jpg

I have the vaughn vision chest protector. Does the epic offer more protection? a pad on my right shoulder doesn't seem to be sitting right either.

I have the vaughn vision chest protector. Does the epic offer more protection? a pad on my right shoulder doesn't seem to be sitting right either.

That depends, which vision do you have? If it's the top end 5500, then I think they'd be the same. If it's a senior level, intermediate or junior, then I'd definitely assume that this one is better considering it's the top end 8000.

Here's my (mostly brand spanking new) gear. Gotta love getting a new job!! :lol:

Seriously, most of it was really showing its age (I hadn't made a real update for the past 5 years or so, and some of my stuff like the blocker was 10+ yrs old), and I STILL need to get new skates & pants... The mask (a Pro Masque) is the oldest at around 15 years (even the paint job is 13!), but with the interior rebuilt, it should last for a lot longer...

img7396vt7.th.jpg

Nice set kmiz! How are you liking the pads so far? And how is the 993 working out for you? I just got it a couple weeks ago and I've found that its a bit bulky, but I guess I haven't had too much time to break it down.

DSC01065.jpg

Legs - Eagle Infinity 34"

C/A - Vaughn 6000

Pants - McKenney Customs

Stick - SWD SOP 9990X 28"

Helmet - NXI Phantom w/ Eagle Dangler

DSC01070.jpg

Glove - Eagle Fusion

Blocker - Eagle Infinity NHL Spec

DSC01066.jpg

Skates - Bauer 7000 8.5EE

DSC01071.jpg

Puck Mark on Hooters sticker from standing on my head

Update:

Brand New Used NXI Phantom

01-17-09_1101.jpg

With Cateye from other lid

Edited by wex12

So excited to finally do this!

Mask: Eddy GT (custom painted by me)

Skates: Bauer 3000

Pads: Brian's Beast 38"

Blocker: Koho 580 (full right)

Glove: Koho 580

C/A: Sherwood 7000

Pants: Vaughn Velocity

Stick: Hespeler Signature Series

Just finished off everything with an Eagle double cup ordered from GM. With any luck, will play my first pick up game in goal in a week or two!

Updated Pics:

New(ish) Summit 5's, XCEED glove, Blockade Blocker

gear001.jpg

New (to me) Brown 2000

gear003.jpg

New RBK Sr's

gear005.jpg

Edited by DCott

Some new stuff:

P1010553.jpg

Itech 961

Maltese Combo

Simmons 992 Pro C/A

TPS Bionic glove/blocker

TPS G7 pants

Smith SP 2000 pads

Bauer 3000 skates

CCM Gatekeeper composite sticks

how are the sliding bridge toe on those?

how are the sliding bridge toe on those?

I love the sliding toe bridge. Coming from a more hybrid style into playing more butterfly, it really helped me get my skate blade on the ice for backside recoveries, pushes, etc. Very handy device.