Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lerxst

Skate help

Have searched the forum with limited success... Anyway... Adult league player, started playing again last year after a 10 year hiatus and bought a pair of Vapor XX's... used to have Micron Mega 1090's and that was a fairly close model... now I'm ready to consider moving to a new skate... I have a mid to high arch, narrow ankle... and am looking at moving to a Vapor XXX, NB One90, or RBK 9K pump... and am looking for some guidance, other than go to the LHS and try them on....

Thanks!

Well, I have narrow ankles as well. I think the One90 is a good skate for people with narrow ankles, Also the zero negative space is awesome. I think one thing people forget is that the One90 and XXX, I feel are two totally different skates. The One90 for me fits more like a traditional supreme would as far as overall feel, and the XXX well, fits like a vapor. To me the One90's are a much stiffer boot, I like that style fit. The RBK's were softer closer to the XXX.

If you don't like much adjustment, I'd recommend staying with the Vapor line. As I can almost guarantee there will be an adjustment period coming from a Vapor. However I must say it seems like a good amount of Vapor users are sticking with the One90's after giving the time to adjust.

Somehow I forgot that, I should have never bought the 9K's I have in the for sale section. They felt good in the store but are just to wide for my feet, I was having to use the air as a crutch and could not get a good consistent feel. :(

10 D in the Microns and 10EE in the Vapor XX... I remember the outside of my feet killing me after every game in the 1090's and I don't have that anymore with the XX's...

I had a Rbk 7K on one foot and the Vapor XX on the other at the LHS when I bought them... The Rbk's actually felt better in the store, but since I hadn't played in awhile, I went with what was familiar... and the 1090's were not the stiffest boot if anyone remembers... I really wanted to try Missions, but the LHS (Perani's) didn't have any stocked (still don't)... even though they carry them online...

I was also thinking about but new Fuel AG 120... would that be an easier transition? Thoughts?