Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I've gotta say nautical stars and tribal anything are the two worst tattoos you can get.

I've got my wrists done, simple block lettering that means a lot to me.

Getting both spaces between my thumb and forefinger done next thursday.

And the meaning behind this?

sounds stupid to some, but im getting a double nautical star on the back of each of my arms, one for me, one for landon to symbolize luck through our journey of life together. have an appointment set up for june 27th

I've gotta say nautical stars and tribal anything are the two worst tattoos you can get.

i agree that they are stupid when people get them without knowing the origin of them and what they actually mean, but do you still think they are stupid when they mean something to the one with them permantly on their skin? i dont, but you are allowed to have your own opinion.

Edited by cougarscaptain87

I've got my wrists done, simple block lettering that means a lot to me.

Getting both spaces between my thumb and forefinger done next thursday.

No, I'd say hand tattoos are the worst tattoos you can get, unless you're a tattoo artist, professional piercer, or millionaire.

If not you'd better practice saying "Would you like curly or regular fries?"

BTW, I have sleeves and a back piece, but they cover up with a dress shirt.

I'm in a union, I don't have to be looking for a job the rest of my life. If I wasn't then yeah I'd stop at my wrists.

I don't want to critcize you too much but you'd be alot better off saving your money for stuff your kid can actually use instead of tattoos that don't do anything.

LMAO - who are you to judge what is uselss to some people and what isn't to others?

Grow up, ever think so things YOU do seem useless/don't do anything?

:rolleyes:

Your telling him to grow up? You can't even complete a sentence let alone use good grammar. :rolleyes:

He was simply giving his opinion. No need to jump on his back for that.

Edited by kovalchuk71

I don't want to critcize you too much but you'd be alot better off saving your money for stuff your kid can actually use instead of tattoos that don't do anything.

I agree with this too. Not trying to be an ass, but, one shows what he means to you. Getting more is just wasting money. We're the same age, and I have no clue how I could ever, ever support a child at this age, let alone treat myself. But, if you can, more power to you.

who are you to decide what is a waste of money and what is not. if i have been working full time for the last 2 years, while graduating high school, and have a little bit of money left over, why not buy something that i want? people that say tattoos are a waste of money really annoys me, people buy multi thousand dollar art pieces for the house, but when i spend a few hundred here and there for art on my skin people critize me. its all opinion but it seems like some people arent open minded twords certian things that arent always respected by the general population.

LMAO - who are you to judge what is uselss to some people and what isn't to others?

Lighten up Francis

I believe he's just carrying over some advice from this topic.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...c=23700&hl=

Your telling him to grow up? You can't even complete a sentence let alone use good grammar. :rolleyes:

He was simply giving his opinion. No need to jump on his back for that.

I don't think anyone on this MB can criticize another member for spending money one something they think is frivolous. We all play one of the most expensive sports you possible can play. The rest of the sporting world could all tell us to buy a basketball for $20 at Walmart and go to the nearest free hoop and enjoy that rather than dumping $1000's upon $1000's of dollars on equipment and ice time.

And by the by, since tattoos last forever, they have both the highest depreciation(they are worth nothing as soon as you buy them), and the best value of anything else you could possibly spend your money on.(Does anyone own anything from the time they buy it to the time they die, other than a tattoo?)

who are you to decide what is a waste of money and what is not. if i have been working full time for the last 2 years, while graduating high school, and have a little bit of money left over, why not buy something that i want? people that say tattoos are a waste of money really annoys me, people buy multi thousand dollar art pieces for the house, but when i spend a few hundred here and there for art on my skin people critize me. its all opinion but it seems like some people arent open minded twords certian things that arent always respected by the general population.

Regardless whether one considers tattoos a great work of art or an eyesore on someone's skin, I'm guessing they were responding more to the other thread, because, based on the facts you gave us, you might not have had the life experiences to understand just what is awaiting you.

About two weeks ago, an article came out that said raising a child to age 17 costs an accumulated $196,000 on average.

Think about that. On top of rent/mortgage, car payments, food, clothing and utilities, parents generally have to come up with an additional $11,500 per year. That's not easy, especially since most of us learn how to let money burn a hole in our pockets, regardless what level of salary we are at.

About two weeks ago, an article came out that said raising a child to age 17 costs an accumulated $196,000 on average.

is that all? i thought it was heaps more...

You aren't kidding, especially if you try to find activities for the kids. We have a decent household income, although a few mistakes along the way -- bad investment in the stock market / failed attempt with Salming -- and we have to live somewhat tighter than our income. In any event, it's amazing how much it adds up. This is what we've spent in the past three months:

Girl Scouts camp during the summer: about $375 each

Trip to Rushmore area last month: about $800 including gas

Tix to visit Grandma and Grandpa: $675. We could drive for slightly less but it's 16 hours each way.

Soccer registration - $280 each, and I'm the one coaching three days a week!

Hockey camp: $350. Discounted because I'm friends with the directors. And fortunately their seasons are free, since the program is non=profit and I'm been coaching since day one.

Baseball registration: Around $190 each, plus $75 for uniforms, because we wouldn't want our 8-year-olds looking unprofessional.... Oh yeah, I coach three days a week there, too.

3 movies: $30 each at matinee prices...

Obviously, these are all extracurricular activities, so a parent doesn't have to spend the money on any of these things. On the other hand, my business takes me away from the house, so some of these take the place of babysitting/day care. I'm just glad business is picking up, because I've gulped a few times these past few months.

Tying this back in to the thread, as a parent is it possible that some of our expenses are unnecessary? Absolutely.

this is why i dont want kids yet.

but with that being said, im gonna be a great uncle. :) ( brothers wife is preggers, found out about a week ago )

pretty excited about that.

Edited by mattzilla

Well after a while of thinking of it i think the next time my brother goes to get a tattoo i'm going to go with him and get one done with this.

with these sticks

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/ogg...ockeysticks.jpg

and this canadian flag

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/ogg...ckeyCanada6.jpg

then with the CANADA writing i want Canadian Hockey.

if anyone with skills that could put that pic together i would greatly appreciate it.

Well after alot of thought i think i konw what i want done for a tattoo.

the sticks in the back ground and the canadian maple leaf instead of the toronto maple leaf and on the bottom CANADIAN HOCKEY.

hockeysticks.jpg

HockeyCanada6.jpg

this is what i got with my poor skills

tattoo.jpg

so i m wondering if anyone has any free time they could do a better one up that i could take with me to show the tattoo artist?

Well after alot of thought i think i konw what i want done for a tattoo.

the sticks in the back ground and the canadian maple leaf instead of the toronto maple leaf and on the bottom CANADIAN HOCKEY.

hockeysticks.jpg

HockeyCanada6.jpg

this is what i got with my poor skills

tattoo.jpg

so i m wondering if anyone has any free time they could do a better one up that i could take with me to show the tattoo artist?

Any tattoo artist worth going to can draw something up that is a billion times better than anything anyone here could. Unless there are some good tattoo artists on the board. ??