Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Death before Dishonour isnt a tribal tattoo but its damn close. I've been around army people all my life, my dads in the army. The first thing new recruites do after bootcamp is go get a "sweet" tattoo of a skull or "death before dishonour" or something equaly as stupid.

patr0510- i would like to hear your explanation as to why my son will be Embarrased, and why i am going to far?

There's no way of knowing today whether your son will be embarrassed fifteen years from now.

However, an interesting article came out last week, addressing tattoo removal as a growing field for dermatologists. It states that one of six Americans with a tattoo is considering having it removed, although it's expensive and painful to do so. So why do I think some of these kids who have body-wide ink may regret it more than those who have 1 or 2 tattoos? Because I suspect that if they find themselves among those who change their mind years later, it might prove to be too costly to have such a large amount removed.

Edited by SalmingUSA

patr0510- i would like to hear your explanation as to why my son will be Embarrased, and why i am going to far?

There's no way of knowing today whether your son will be embarrassed fifteen years from now.

However, an interesting article came out last week, addressing tattoo removal as a growing field for dermatologists. It states that one of six Americans with a tattoo is considering having it removed, although it's expensive and painful to do so. So why do I think some of these kids who have body-wide ink may regret it more than those who have 1 or 2 tattoos? Because I suspect that if they find themselves among those who change their mind years later, it might prove to be too costly to have such a large amount removed.

DEAD LINK dude

Very few people who have "body-wide ink" as you call are going to regret it. Cougars has what like 3 tattoos? That's really nothing. I've got my entire back and both arms done. It's not some fun side thing I do for shits, it's a lifestyle and culture I've embraced. People who regret getting tattooed are the people with one or two, not those with "body-wide ink".

Sorry about that. Here's the link again.

I understand what you are saying about having "body-wide ink" is a lifestyle choice, but my wife has a co-worker who has a lot more than one tattoo and now regrets it. She's expressed that she feels it's hurt her in her career, so she looked into having them removed. Because the cost is in the thousands, she said she can't rationalize spending that money on herself when she has children to provide for. Having said that, because she's had these before the latest trend to have multiple tattoos, she might not be someone you'd classify as a "lifestyle choice," although she is someone with numerous and visible tattoos.

Edited by SalmingUSA

if your wifes co worker got a tattoo or multiable tattoos that are visable in the work place, and that was a concern for her, then shame on her. i have already decided that regardless to how many i get, they will all be covered with a dress shirt on. no hand tattoos, no neck tattoos, and no mike tyson face tattoos. im at work right now, in a tee shirt and you cant see any of them. it doesnt take much common sense that visable tattoos in the typical work place is not accepted as widley as i think it should be, but you must go with society if you want a "normal" job. i dont see any reason why you cant have full sleeves stopping just before your wrist, and full back, and chest pieces and still maintain a "normal" job.

Sorry about that. Here's the link again.

I understand what you are saying about having "body-wide ink" is a lifestyle choice, but my wife has a co-worker who has a lot more than one tattoo and now regrets it. She's expressed that she feels it's hurt her in her career, so she looked into having them removed. Because the cost is in the thousands, she said she can't rationalize spending that money on herself when she has children to provide for. Having said that, because she's had these before the latest trend to have multiple tattoos, she might not be someone you'd classify as a "lifestyle choice," although she is someone with numerous and visible tattoos.

if your wifes co worker got a tattoo or multiable tattoos that are visable in the work place, and that was a concern for her, then shame on her. i have already decided that regardless to how many i get, they will all be covered with a dress shirt on. no hand tattoos, no neck tattoos, and no mike tyson face tattoos. im at work right now, in a tee shirt and you cant see any of them. it doesnt take much common sense that visable tattoos in the typical work place is not accepted as widley as i think it should be, but you must go with society if you want a "normal" job. i dont see any reason why you cant have full sleeves stopping just before your wrist, and full back, and chest pieces and still maintain a "normal" job.

That's my rule as well cougars. No hand, neck, or face tattoos. I'm a mechanical engineer for a conservative Fortune 100 company. I have to wear long sleeves ALL THE TIME.

Has it limited my career? I really don't think so. I guess I can't shower naked with any of the top management, but for the most part no one has ever asked me why I wear long sleeves year round. With air conditioning it's not really a big deal. I'm rarely uncomfortable.

Cougars,I think the only thing I would say is how comfortable are you financially? I'm getting one done before X-mas but I'm in a comfortable enough finacial situation that it wont make a dent at all really. If you are secure enough that you can support what you, your significant other and child need then I don't see an issue.

Edited by sweetblazer

Ive wanted to get a tattoo for 2 years. But I A) dont know what to get, and B Im terrified at the idea that when im older ill hate it.

Ive wanted to get a tattoo for 2 years. But I A) dont know what to get, and B Im terrified at the idea that when im older ill hate it.

2 very good reasons not to get one.

I work with an engineer with full sleeves, neck tattoos, and hand tattoos. He's a damn brain, and always works in the field. Unfortunately he's gotta cover up when it comes time to sit down for meetings, I say he's the meanest looking person I know to wear makeup!

Got here a bit late (sorry). I don't think a person will EVER regret a tattoo with personal meaning regardless of what it is. As far as (my) kids being embarrassed by a parents tattoo(s).... I guarantee that kids will be embarrassed by their parents LONG before their dad's shirt comes off. I got this after the birth of my daughter in 2000. Pict is a bit washed looking. The blue is my son's foot and the pink my daughter's. I had them transposed from their birth certificates respectively. 7 years later, I am happier about it than the day I got it. AND the kid's think it's very cool.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5339/tat002cropfk5.jpg

Edited by wickedwrister

Got here a bit late (sorry). I don't think a person will EVER regret a tattoo with personal meaning regardless of what it is. As far as (my) kids being embarrassed by a parents tattoo(s).... I guarantee that kids will be embarrassed by their parents LONG before their dad's shirt comes off. I got this after the birth of my daughter in 2000. Pict is a bit washed looking. The blue is my son's foot and the pink my daughter's. I had them transposed from their birth certificates respectively. 7 years later, I am happier about it than the day I got it. AND the kid's think it's very cool.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5339/tat002cropfk5.jpg

i thinks thats pretty cool. dont think my parents would ever tattoo my feet on their arms but...

ti girl, tell your boyfriend that his tattoos is one of the most creative i have seen, i love lettering tattoos, as you guys may have noticed, but its hard to get covered in all words, you boyfriend has the best of both worlds, lettering, and still in a picture shape.

ti girl, tell your boyfriend that his tattoos is one of the most creative i have seen, i love lettering tattoos, as you guys may have noticed, but its hard to get covered in all words, you boyfriend has the best of both worlds, lettering, and still in a picture shape.

Thanks, I will. He has a few other ones, I will take some pictures when I get time. I think it's amazingm it's meaningful to both of us and it's classy at the same time. He originally wanted just a cross and that part of the scripture written underneath. Then we were sitting around and he came up with that sketch. Took him a while to find some font that he liked, but I think it turned out well.