Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

why do you have to have it removed ?

The unit no longer exists, plus it looks dead on like an old Soviet prison tattoo... May get you a free beer in the russian steam room in Brooklyn, but, then again, it may not...

Thought i'd put this one to the top again, i got this back in the summer..

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n...09509610se4.jpg

It's the French/Canadian Flag flying together, with my last name "Murrant" in the Cape Breton Tartan colors. I loved the way it turned out.

I'm in the process of thinking an idea for #2, something along the ribs possibly.

Allrighty tat experts, I need help. I'm thinking of getting a small, like 2" one done but I need somewhere discreet but not sketchy lol. I was thinking like bottom of the forearm but idk if thats wierd or whatever, I was never really into tattoos but this would be for something meaningful so I'd like to get it done.

Allrighty tat experts, I need help. I'm thinking of getting a small, like 2" one done but I need somewhere discreet but not sketchy lol. I was thinking like bottom of the forearm but idk if thats wierd or whatever, I was never really into tattoos but this would be for something meaningful so I'd like to get it done.

forearm is hardly discreet.

I've been thinking of getting one done on top of my thigh. Easily hidden, yet still easily seen when wearing shorts, sitting on the toilet (sick, but true, a private daily reminder), etc so the reminder will stay visible to me daily and won't be seen if my shirt's off.

The spot seems almost perfect. Your hands rest there when you're sitting down, same thought as putting your hand over your heart and it's not hidden to you.

I have a friend that got one on top of her foot. Not for me, but you're looking for ideas.

depends how discrete you want it, i have a few friends that have carpe diem on thier wrists and wear a watch or a band of some sort and i never knew they had it, but that all depends if you generally wear something like that and if your comfortable getting something on your wrist. another thing to think about it about you job and what they would say, i know when i reach my hand out to shake someones hand my dress shirt comes up a good inch or two which reveals part of my sleeve. some people notice it some people dont, but when im at meetings with utility companies i definatly dont feel professionaly when part of my dagger, a nautical star, backround, and a bright green dollar sign is all sticking out of my shirt but it doesnt really bother me. another idea is the thigh, my buddy has a decent size tribute to his dad and you can only see it in the locker room, or short boxers. very well hidden. besides that your going to be limited with your shirt off, or wearing shorts.

Now just needs 7 hours of color. yay!

1001191hk9.jpg

Just need a few finishing touches - about 2 hours worth. Artist is currently @ Hart and Huntington (Hawaii) and on the show 'Inked.' (Wakako) When she comes back to Vegas to visit, I gotta get her to finish it up:

1000513gw3.jpg

1000514qs7.jpg

1000515ib2.jpg

Crazy, I've never seen a koi fish/lotus/japanese ocean sleeve before.

My favorite is when people feel the need to show theirs off -- it's like "look at this deeply personal and permanent marking I got done, and now I'm seeking your approval on it!"

I have pretty much my entire upper left arm done, and most of the time it's completely covered. If somebody happens to notice a bit peeking out and ask me what it says, I don't even acknowledge. It's mine, not yours. I never intended it to be a conversation piece.

Also, what's with the foreign language/kanji stuff? Do random words and cliched phrases suddenly mean more because they require translation? I'm gonna get something really deep and insightful like "nobody lives forever" or maybe a really cool Love/Hate dichotomy but in Xhosa, so people will think it's SUPER BADASS!!

Or maybe I'll just get people's names and birthdays somewhere classy like on my ankle. Nothing serves as a better reminder of when Junior's birthday is than having to see it every day in the shower.

I thought we were the City of Brotherly Love? Still a pretty cool piece.

Well, we call it that.

Not many else do. :)

Crazy, I've never seen a koi fish/lotus/japanese ocean sleeve before.

My favorite is when people feel the need to show theirs off -- it's like "look at this deeply personal and permanent marking I got done, and now I'm seeking your approval on it!"

I have pretty much my entire upper left arm done, and most of the time it's completely covered. If somebody happens to notice a bit peeking out and ask me what it says, I don't even acknowledge. It's mine, not yours. I never intended it to be a conversation piece.

Also, what's with the foreign language/kanji stuff? Do random words and cliched phrases suddenly mean more because they require translation? I'm gonna get something really deep and insightful like "nobody lives forever" or maybe a really cool Love/Hate dichotomy but in Xhosa, so people will think it's SUPER BADASS!!

Or maybe I'll just get people's names and birthdays somewhere classy like on my ankle. Nothing serves as a better reminder of when Junior's birthday is than having to see it every day in the shower.

If I gave a damn about your approval, I'd run it by you first.

Why even post this? To what point? To start an argument? How about you post some pictures of your ink, instead of going off on a completely unrelated tangent about all kinds of bullshit?

I have no kanji, no foreign language on my arm. And I could give a shit about it being covered or not, why should you?

Post yours up, but until you do, I'd stop hating on other people.

Edited by -venom-

That was the point, I don't feel the need to join the "look how cool I am, too" set by posting pictures of my arm all over the internet for other people's amusement. Besides, I don't have anything as cool and creative as a fish done by somebody on a TV show, so I'd probably just get made fun of. Seems like you can't please the non-conformist crowd.

That was the point, I don't feel the need to join the "look how cool I am, too" set by posting pictures of my arm all over the internet for other people's amusement. Besides, I don't have anything as cool and creative as a fish done by somebody on a TV show, so I'd probably just get made fun of. Seems like you can't please the non-conformist crowd.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you seriously as naive and childish as you're coming off as?

I don't feel the need to join any "crowd", or whatever it is you perceive my intentions to be. The thread is about people posting their ink, and whatever. Big deal? And your first post is to trash on someone about it? What are you, 12 years old?

As for the Koi - it was done before she joined H&H, first of all. Just thought it was neat (although somewhat inconvenient) that she's made it to mainstream TV with her work.

Secondly, why the hell do you care what it means, if anything? Unless it stands for "wildebeest is a douche", you really shouldn't give a shit either way, right?

So you go ahead and keep your 'cool and creative' tattoo hidden, and you can be all 'edgy' and 'hardcore' by being a 'non-comformist'... but the reality is, you're just a douchebag.

Edited by -venom-

What the hell are you talking about? Are you seriously as naive and childish as you're coming off as?

I don't feel the need to join any "crowd", or whatever it is you perceive my intentions to be. The thread is about people posting their ink, and whatever. Big deal? And your first post is to trash on someone about it? What are you, 12 years old?

As for the Koi - it was done before she joined H&H, first of all. Just thought it was neat (although somewhat inconvenient) that she's made it to mainstream TV with her work.

Secondly, why the hell do you care what it means, if anything? Unless it stands for "wildebeest is a douche", you really shouldn't give a shit either way, right?

So you go ahead and keep your 'cool and creative' tattoo hidden, and you can be all 'edgy' and 'hardcore' by being a 'non-comformist'... but the reality is, you're just a douchebag.

No, literally, it's not cool and creative. It's a portrait of myself in black and grey prison ink with "wildebeest is a douche" underneath it in Gaelic. I got it for my 11th birthday!

No, literally, it's not cool and creative. It's a portrait of myself in black and grey prison ink with "wildebeest is a douche" underneath it in Gaelic. I got it for my 11th birthday!

Mommy must be so proud.

venom that looks solid,even tho koi fish are common it seems that every one has their own variation and shape to it. like the side piece too. ice got "courage" going down my one side and im getting a burning city line on my other side. probally not gonna be too much fun. i dunno whyu wildebeast is ripping on your work, some of the nicer stuff ive seen. i also dont get why he thinks that birthdays and names are bad? i have my son tattooed on me twice, hes the most important thing to me so why not incooporate him into my work, i also have my moms name tattooed right about my sons in my sleeve. im very curious to see what he has tattooed, he makes fun of venom for having a koifish id be willing to be hes got some nice tribal or barbed wire hiding up there thats why he doesnt want to flaunt it around.

I hear you on the thing about kids/names, etc.

My son is almost 2 years old, and I have a daughter on the way. I'll definitely be adding some ink on account of loving my kids.

That is, if that's ok with 'ol wildebeest. :lol:

Some people will like it, some people won't. If you want comments from one side, you have to put up with comments from the other side.

"Is e allta ainmhí stoipéad" (stoipéad = tampon, don't think there is a word for douche at home)

I'm a giver :lol: