Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krog7d7

Adding grip to your stick

Inquired about Krylon Clear Non-Skid Coating... it's being discontinued. So much for that.

ahh Crap, really? i should by myself another can that should last me the rest of my hockey career. I dont do the shaft but i do the blade bc i like that "shark skin" finish. it tends to keep a little bit more grip on the tape so its not peeling off nearly as easily and i tend to get less toe chips. it lasts pretty long and even when the bigger grittier feel is gone it still has some texture. i only do 1 light dry coat, no need to load that stuff on.

It is literally just a bunch of tape wrapped around a broken chunk of hockey stick, only wrapped so that the sticky side is up. Then you just wack the shaft until you have the amount of grip you like.

Just wondering if anyone has any new solutions or new spray recommendations.

My True shaft's grip is peeling off and candy caning is killing my gloves.

I've went a different route recently. I sewed Dycem Non-slip to the palm on my lower hand. Really sticks great out of the gate, but seems to slowly but surely loses grip as time goes on. Im going to see if cleaning is my problem, or if I have just worn the material down too far. 

Im just not finding anything that I can add to the stick that is acceptable. So, why not add to the palm of my glove? The True Z-palm make this really easy to do. 

Zach

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2012 at 7:10 PM, A2rhino said:

I found "pow'r tac" back in 06 and still use it to this day. It does ware off and has to be applied once everyother skate. Just depends on what you prefer. The nice thing is it does 0 damage to your gloves and it is clear, Only takes a few minutes to dry, Its a great item for shafts that dont come in a grip model.

Still my go to when needed.

10 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Still my go to when needed.

Thanks. I'll have to look for this. I tried ZTedge but it was basically a tape beater in a bottle -- left my gloves all sticky after.