Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krog7d7

Adding grip to your stick

Disclaimer for the haters....this is not an advertisement and I am in no way affiliated with a company.

Not that any of you will know.....but I've spent a lot of time trying to come up with adding "grip" to my slick sticks or worn out grip sticks.

I've tried everything....

Candy Cane

Easton Tacky Cloth

Rubber dips

Spray lacquer with dippling before it dries

etc. etc. etc.....

I think I've finally come across something that many of you will like. I've been playing with it for about 2 weeks now and it works great and seems to be pretty damn durable.

It's a company in Canada called NoSkid.com. It's a Clear Textured Epoxy Spray. It's used to makes slick floors safer by adding texture to them.

For $20 per can I thought I would give it a try. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

I sprayed it onto the area of my sticks where I hold for slap shots and stick handling. I figured it would be over kill to do the whole stick.

I let it dry over night and used it the next day for my game. The result is not so much a traditional grip but more like the new nipple grip. It adds a texture instead of a rubberized feeling.

It took no time to get used to it and the responsiveness I felt was very good.

I think I'm going to play around with adding it to the blade of the stick to see how well it would do for roller hockey to replace taping the blade.

I've included pics and a website for those interested.

You can see the type of texture it adds in the pics. Let me know if you'd like to see more of have questions.

No Skid Website

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Is it abrasive? I can't tell by the pictures. One picture looks like it would be like nipplegrip (like you mentioned). Another looks like it wreak hell on my glove palms.

it looks more like polarfibre than nipplegrip to me, sort of sandpapery

PLEASE TELL ME IT'S LIKE POLARFIBER!!!!

I've been using it for 2 weeks now and my glove palms are fine.

I can see how you would be concerned but since you're applying it yourself, you can control how much you put on.

Tell me an example of polarfiber (like which stick) and I can give you a comparison.

I have an Inno 1100 (maybe not old enough or doesn't have polarfiber) I just compared it to. It's grittier.

Like someone mentioned before you can get a consistency like Nipple Grip or closer to a light sandpaper type texture depending on how thick you apply it.

I also compared it to one of my z-tac blades...it's much closer to z-tac.

I have an Inno 1100 (maybe not old enough or doesn't have polarfiber) I just compared it to. It's grittier.

Like someone mentioned before you can get a consistency like Nipple Grip or closer to a light sandpaper type texture depending on how thick you apply it.

I also compared it to one of my z-tac blades...it's much closer to z-tac.

I didnt understand you; The no skid is or is not grittier than the polarfiber. It will say polarfiber on the 1100 shaft. P/F feels a bit like sand papper.

He's saying he has an 1100 that may or may not have it. It may be grip or clear even with "polarfibre" written on the shaft.

I would want it to be more of a texture thing (something that if I ran my finger across it quickly, I wouldnt get scratched up. I like nipple grip and stickum because I dont have to worry about my gloves. I would be worried that I would develop holes quicker with this stuff.. Sandpaper + my palms = :(

I have used polarfiber before on my harrow and it was nice. This looks a little more abrasive.

PLEASE be like polarfibre.....

anyone in SJ have an old 1100 with PF he can test?

if you ever come down to so cal, you can try mine...

it looks kind of like a z-tac "coating." hmmmm

Yeah that's what I was thinking...give it a shot on your blade and tell us how it goes :)

The shot of the guy on the label is priceless.

PLEASE be like polarfibre.....

anyone in SJ have an old 1100 with PF he can test?

if you ever come down to so cal, you can try mine...

There's always the option of buying the stuff and trying it on an older/cheap shaft.

Just an FYI. I called No skid and ordered a can of this today with my fingers crossed. I live in AZ and it cost me $12.00 for ground shipping and said that I should expect it no later than a week from today. The person I spoke with told me that I wouldnt need more than 1 light coat due to the abrassiveness of the product. They also said for me to contact them after using it to tell them how it worked for me on my stick.

Just giving an update since someone emailed me about this again...

The grip had held up very well.

I have not had to reapply it since I originally posted this message.

As for chipping off.....I have not noticed anything. As with normal wear and tear of games there have been some slashes, nicks, etc that have dinged some parts of the stick as well as the grip.

I'm finding it to be a solid solution to adding grip to the stick.