Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2008 NBH Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008/NBH/NBH2008.pdf

Skates - This year Supreme got the update - the ONE95 replaces the ONE90. The AnaForm concept is providing an even better heat-mold fit than the ONE90 did. The quarter package has been changed as well - it is a composite material named ALIVE. LS2P is gone - the LS2.1 steel has been tweaked to fit a standard LS2 holder. More volume for more wrap over the foot, a white molded tongue for classiness, and a standard tendon guard, The ONE is no longer a standalone skate - the name and the technology has been carried down to the models underneath it.

The ONE75 ditches the ALIVE and goes to a tech mesh - essentially what was on the ONE90. Spec-wise it is essentially an ONE90 (save the liner). ONE55 also has some of the Anaform technology.

Helmets - Helmets remain unchanged, but the 9500 has been added. FXPP/VN hybrid -FXPP is the highest-grade EPP on the market. VN is used in thinner areas of the helmet for comfort. It also has a dual-injected shell (think hard shell in some spots, flexible in others) The foam is sprayed with a material which is cool to the touch. Dri-fit also in the helmet.

Sticks - Unchanged, holiday sticks carry over, and XXXX Stick'um and XXXX shaft added.

Gloves - Supreme unchanged, Vapor finally gets an update after 3 years. The XXXX Pro is nylon with a nash palm. The XXXX has a dual layer nash palm with an absorb pad on the corner of the palm, as well as an adjustable cuff. The Vapor line is slimmer in the hand but still flexible for motion.

Protective - The Vapor line is new for 2008. The pants feature an adjustable spine pad and a Nike Air unit in the back. Very stretchy and ventilated. The XXXX Core Pad is essentially a stripped-down pant with a girdle-like lower half.

The Supreme protective is unchanged, however, the Vapor line is new. Very flexible in the arms/shoulder area, solid front plate and well-vented (shoulder caps are also vented). It also has an interesting strapping system - you can bring it closer to your body by re-routing the straps through cut-out loops. Not only that, but there is a lacing system inside the shoulder pad, in the sternum area. It is a drawstring - you pull on it and it pulls it closer to your body. Very cool feature. Elbow pad has the Vent Armor (which was introduced with Supreme) with memory foam and a segmented bicep pad. The shins have the same strapping system that is on Supreme, but with a wrap strap on the bottom of the leg. Flexible knee cap.

Lightspeed line is replaced by Defender. Europe only, sorry.

**edited pdf, now full catalogue (sticks, goal) and protective section is fixed**

Without a doubt the most well-put-together catalog I've seen. The 9500 is impressive, can't wait to see it. Also impressed with the Vapor protective line. It's gonna be a good year for hockey equipment.

Thanks a lot for the catalog JR.

I've already seen the ONE95, but man it looks nice in the catalog. :)

Edited by quasi

I agree on the Vapor Series, well done, just the shoulders seem quite bulky XXXX vs One90(Any comment JR, if you've seen it that is). I also like the zipper being added to the Vapor pant, but I think I'm going back to One90s anyways.

Very excited about the 9500 though, might add LS2 Holders and LS2.1 steel to my One90s to try them out.

Edited by t1tan

The colour scheme options for the 9500 are out of this world. Also, how come in the picture of the One95's there was the new less "sparkling" white Ls2 Power holders, but when you get down to the Holders the white one isn't an option in the LS2 Power?

The colour scheme options for the 9500 are out of this world. Also, how come in the picture of the One95's there was the new less "sparkling" white Ls2 Power holders, but when you get down to the Holders the white one isn't an option in the LS2 Power?

Because they're not using the power holder, its the LS2.1, which is LS2 Holders and the 2.1 Power steel, fits the LS2 holder, just with a bit more steel in the front and back, making it longer.

is it true what it says that once the one95 are heat molded they will fit any foot shape?

and will more pro shop people be more apt to like them and letting you try them on every time i asked to try on the one90's they said you wont like them there all plastic? so i had to buy them off ebay to finally get to try them on. and quickly sold cause i hated them? will these be more awesome?

Edited by k-ody.m

is it true what it says that once the one95 are heat molded they will fit any foot shape?

and will more pro shop people be more apt to like them and letting you try them on every time i asked to try on the one90's they said you wont like them there all plastic? so i had to buy them off ebay to finally get to try them on. and quickly sold cause i hated them? will these be more awesome?

I raise an eyebrow if a local shop won't bring out a $500+ skate for someone to check out. Just how awesome IS more awesome?

I think it's time to find a new pro shop or be more assertive with the current one.

Anyway, as for the skate, it won't fit every foot, but hopefully the new foam allows for a wider range of foot shapes to fit. If your foot is not right for the skate, though, the foam isn't going to fix that.

I hope these new supremes will fit my EE vapor foot. btw even though the new supreme 75 replaces the 90, will it stil have a new feature? Like heat molding around the ankle?

What happened to the new titanium cage they were supposed to be working on?

Do I read that right JR? Will the lightspeed Pro only be available in Europe for 2008? It's still in their catalog.

It's the 9500 cage.

It is not titanium - it is stainless steel.

I almost pissed my pants i was so excited to see the pro defender v-14 elbow pads in the catalogue.

I then wanted to cry when I saw that they were for europe only. Any chance of a US shop being able to special order a pair of them? I love my V-14s, but they're starting to stink something wretched.

What happened to the new titanium cage they were supposed to be working on?

It's the 9500 cage.

It is not titanium - it is stainless steel.

Yeah, but at the Let's Play hockey show at the X last year the NBH employee (who seemed to know what he was talking about) specifically mentioned a Titanium cage they were working on. I guess I'll ask again this coming March.