Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2008 RBK Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/pics/JR/2008/RBK/RBK2008.pdf

This'll be the quickest catalogue review ever...LOL

Skates- 9k retweaked - new design on quarters, a new anti-microbial liner, flatter footbed and redesigned toecap. Thinner tongue as well. 7k downspec'd however in white. 6k is a new model.

Sticks- Modano name pulled off of P34 pattern, other than that, no changes.

Protective- No changes

Accessories- EDGE jersey and socks will be available at retail.

Yawn. Seems to be the most boring of the 2008's, although I guess it is the first time the O-tech stick is officially in a catalogue.

When do you think we'd be able to see all the new 08 gear in our local shops? Just would like to get an idea as to when I should look for some 07 clearance items.

Welcome to the board!! The answer to your question, just happens to be a sentence you'll hear a LOT being a member... it all comes out in the spring. So spring 2008, you'll start to see new product.

So does this mean we'll only be able to buy the "edge" socks in team colors and not basic solids?

What about team practice socks?

Edited by David_4x4

The 7k is a downspeced 9k or a downspeced 7k?

I was wondering this as well. If they are close to last year's 9K, it should be a good deal (and they're white :D).

anyone know when the white 9k will be out?

anyone know when the white 9k will be out?

No "new" white 9k

The 7k is a downspeced 9k or a downspeced 7k?

I was wondering this as well. If they are close to last year's 9K, it should be a good deal (and they're white :D).

Downspec'd from the new 9k, as every skate is.

question about the 9k shoulder pads -- what is with the extra little velcro flap that hangs down a bit on the bicep part? Mine didn't come with any removable extensions and the elbow pads don't connect there or anything... am I missing something?

Does anyone know any info about the team wear Edge stuff? Is it more like a replica or an authentic, I didn't get a good read from the description. Price point?

Does anyone know any info about the team wear Edge stuff? Is it more like a replica or an authentic, I didn't get a good read from the description. Price point?

The official Edge jerseys look pretty nice -- everything is sewn on and all the patches are embroidered. They feel kinda thick, but not as thick as the old style jerseys. They're usually in the $200-$240 range, depending on the number of patches on them.

The replica stuff, however, is kinda terrible. The main crest is embroidered, but it's ironed onto the jersey. the shoulder patches are screened onto the the patch material and then ironed onto the shoulders. They feel weird, almost shiny like what they used to make dazzle fabric basketball jerseys out of, but not quite that shiny. Pretty chintzy for $100 if you ask me.

Yeah, I know the price of that stuff, I was talking about the team wear stuff in the catalog. The Edge jerseys are available blank now.

Im curious as to if you can only buy team deisgned stuff or if solid colors will be availible along with practice sock designs.

Edited by David_4x4