Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hiub

Custom Glove Gallery

funny how much $$$ people here spend on these gloves when NHLers get them for free

NHLers get a lot of things we don't. First and foremost they get to play in the NHL. If people have the money and the want, why not spend $300 on gloves? It's not any different than a guy who buys a ferrari, even though he doesn't race F1.

Wow, didn't think me spending $315 on gloves would start a debate... Sorry.

Bottom line is that I worked hard and earned it. When I was a teenager I played with crappy Dunhams gear because my parents were not loaded. Now that I make enough money to support myself, I tend to spend some money on myself... I don't have a family, so I spoil myself mainly :)

I generally end up using gloves for a long time. Like skates, I hate breaking new gloves for some reason. I usually use them for a year at a time and rarely have more than one pair. My PPF's are still in decent shape a year after their purchase but the means and "want" are in me for Franchises right now - so I did it.

Bottom line is that I worked hard and earned it. When I was a teenager I played with crappy Dunhams gear because my parents were not loaded. Now that I make enough money to support myself, I tend to spend some money on myself... I don't have a family, so I spoil myself mainly :)

I generally end up using gloves for a long time. Like skates, I hate breaking new gloves for some reason. I usually use them for a year at a time and rarely have more than one pair. My PPF's are still in decent shape a year after their purchase but the means and "want" are in me for Franchises right now - so I did it.

Your purchase didn't really spark a debate; if you have the money to get yourself an as-close-to-perfect pair of gloves, absolutely go for it. I did, you did, countless others did.

When you get them in, let us know and we can help you get some pictures up. What did you get done, as far as options go?

NHLers get a lot of things we don't. First and foremost they get to play in the NHL. If people have the money and the want, why not spend $300 on gloves? It's not any different than a guy who buys a ferrari, even though he doesn't race F1.

I think his point was more along the lines of "isn't strange that these gloves cost so much money, and yet players get gloves for free?", as in, "isn't strange how overpriced gloves are?". I don't think he realized that teams still pay for those gloves (although I'd be surprised if they played full custom/retail price for them). He wasn't busting anyone's balls over buying the gloves.

I wouldn't worry about the peanut gallery.... this thread is 141 pages long!

Get what you want and post the pics. Most of us are interested!

"Wow."

Harv are those yours? A few of my buddies play for Caesars and they seem pretty torn up after one season but sweet looking none the less.

Edited by Jsmells

IMG_0708.jpg

"Minnesota Pro Style" with Navy Tufftek and White classic cuff roll and side guards. Golden Yellow bindings. Matches my Michigan Wolverines style jersey pretty well.

Is it possible to get the logo embroidered on custom Warriors yet? I've toyed with the idea but can't imagine spending almost $300 on a pair of gloves and not being able to get it embroidered.

Depends what kind of pull your dealer has. I've seen a ton of pairs with them, but I think you need a minimum order to get it done. It's not worth Warriors time to do a custom embroidery for 1 pair of gloves.

Pro Stock Hockey Gear now has the custom EQ5 builder on the website. Email them with what colorway you want for the corresponding #'s. Lots of different palms and a lock thumb and a carbon lock thumb. Was told 6-8 week turn around for them.

I think Im going to bite the bullet on some EQ5's from PSHG. They say they offer the glove in brown Tufftek! Ill keep you all informed...

Were you looking for bruins winter classic brown gloves? If so tsr slightly dropped their price on those 10k's to 120 OBO and they usually take 10 less for best offer. Just throwing that out there

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

Were you looking for bruins winter classic brown gloves? If so tsr slightly dropped their price on those 10k's to 120 OBO and they usually take 10 less for best offer. Just throwing that out there

I'm not a fan of tapered gloves... :(

At one point TSR was selling Bauer 4 Rolls in Winter Classic Brown. I have a pair. They're nice.

I have a pair too, just would like some more custom ones.

I have a pair of EQ5's with brown tufftek, PM me if you want to see how the brown looks.

Thanks dude! PM'ed

On another note, anyone know what a "carbon lock thumb" is? Also this custom EQ5 cant be a standard EQ5. There are no triple segmented fingers or adjustable cuff. Anyone know what these are exactly? TBL?

On another note, anyone know what a "carbon lock thumb" is? Also this custom EQ5 cant be a standard EQ5. There are no triple segmented fingers or adjustable cuff. Anyone know what these are exactly? TBL?

I would guess it just has carbon instead of plastic to lock the thumb. But I would email PSHG to be sure. I was thinking of emailing them for some more clear explanations of things too because what's on the website is not very clear. But the reality of me getting any customs is pretty low.