Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Ballistik 45 caliber

Profile: 235lb, 6'3, power-forward, heavy on slap-shots and snappers, decent stick-handler. 90 flex MC pattern.

Feel - decent feel to this stick (a bit choppy and harsh). The shaft is boxy and larger, which I prefer. You can definitely feel the puck on the blade and it picks up passes well. One complaint I would have is that the toe is extremely round - I prefer a more squared toe - not like a Lecavalier, but not too round. 8/10

Weight - light and well-balanced, somewhere in the 450 range by the feel of it, and long enough that I don't have to add a plug and screw up the balance. 8.5/10

Flex - The 90 flex feels like a 100 flex Easton - a tad stiff, but not too bad...I am sure it will break in to a 90 range, which I prefer to an 85 flex that becomes a 75 flex in two weeks, a la Vector V6.0. 8/10

Shooting and Passing - For flat out shooting release and velocity I always seem to compare eveything to a Response XN10. I definitely got more on my shots with the TPS, but this one is not too far behind. It also doesn't compare to an AK27 for release on wristers, but it is also much stiffer than the Warrior I used. Receiving passes on this stick is very impressive - the puck doesn't jump around as much as it does on my Sherwood RM9 blade. The MC pattern is great for me - a slow mid curve like a bouchard with a slightly opened toe - kind of a tamed down Iginla. 8/10

Durability - I now have about 5 games and 15 open sessions, as well as several nights on the outdoor rink. Durability is definitely the upside of this stick - it is a tank. The only complaint I would have against the durability of this stick is its paint-job. The paint on the shaft and blade come off very easily, and the Ballistik logo painted in swhite chips off at the edges of the shaft, makign a rough, saw-tooth like texture which may / may not have adverse effects on the palms of your gloves...a little sand-paper fixes that, though. 9.5/10

Price - These are on clearance at Rousseau's now for $119 - down from $200. 10/10

Overall - A very goood stick for the money - especially at the clearance price. I would highly recommend it if you can snag it in the $120 or less range. 8.5/10

UPDATE: I started using this stick after Christmas - I now have about 12 games and many drop-ins with too many slapshots to count. The paint is chipped to hell, but the stick is a solid as the day I bought it...insane durability.

Edited by B-Nads

profile: 200lb, 6'0, defense, decent shot, decent hands. have stick in 90 flex and 80 flex, both TC pattern, 5.5 lie...about 3 years ago, I was offered to use a 22 cal during a game of drop in, from a rep...I said sure, I loved the stick and been a ballistik fan since.

Feel - compared to other sticks I've used, the feel is good. I find the blade a BIT on the soft side, but other then that, no complaints. The shaft itself is a bit on the fat side. 9/10

Weight - I find it very light, ballistic lists it at 465 grams, which is from my understanding, one of the lighter mid range sticks. I am coming from a 2 piece setup that felt a bit bottom heavy, this I find very well balanced. It can be lighter, but for a mid range stick, it's great. 10/10

Flex - I first got the 90 flex, and I found it a bit stiff, unless I really get into my shot...for me, while doing quick releases the 90 flex is a bit too stiff...when I first got the two sticks, one of my sticks bottom started to crack (had 2x90 flex), ballistik exchanged it, I asked for an 80, which they said was fine, and the 80 feels great for quick shots, but if I get into it with my shots, the puck seems to soar a bit high...I can def feel a difference between the 80 and the 90, and it is as expected. 9/10

Shooting and Passing - I don't have the greatest shot, but I find the stick shoots as good as any other stick I've used, both wrist or slappers. For passing, receiving is great, even though the curve's a bit aggressive. the soft blade seems to shine here. 9/10

Durability - I had the first one snap at the bottom, about a month of ownership, ballistik took it back, no issues, and said it may have been a manufacturing defect. The other 2 I've had for about 5 month, of about 4 ice sessions a week...they've held up great. 10/10

Price - I bought these on clearance at 90$ each from the 180$ normally...really happy with the purchase, I've used the 22 cal, and loved it, glad I was able to step up to this stick for not much money...for 90$ what kind of mid range stick can you really get...I'll def be looking at another one when it comes time to replace them, even at the higher cost. 10/10

Overall - for the price I paid, nothing can come close. I would highly recommend it even at full price. 57/60.