Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2008 Eagle Catalogue

last yr they had the x72 "pro stock" model (nylon) im assuming its not in the lineup for 08??

I have the Pro Stock (PPF) gloves, and they are more like a narrower-fitting X70 than the X72.

last yr they had the x72 "pro stock" model (nylon) im assuming its not in the lineup for 08??

I have the Pro Stock (PPF) gloves, and they are more like a narrower-fitting X70 than the X72.

They feel huge compared to my CP94s

I have the Pro Stocks. What's the difference, besides the additional outer material options?

Edited by ntwusc

Eagle Rep was in the store today with the new PPF glove. I thought it was pretty narrow on the back rolls, sorta like an X72 but with more room in the fingers. Also, its probably the softest glove I've ever tried on.

What other model gloves are available for custom order? Including models with 5-rolls and other "odd-ball" models such as a cp95. I've also heard models such as x71. And what exactly are the specs of something like a x71?

Normally "i" is short for intermediate, which is their 13" glove.

It looks like "+" is an extended cuff but possibly a 15" model.

Normally "i" is short for intermediate, which is their 13" glove.

It looks like "+" is an extended cuff but possibly a 15" model.

Gotcha. Thanks!

SRI, Thanks for the information! I know we can always count on you when we're in the dark.

Last questions:

Where exactly does the CP92 fit in the lineup? As in, what is it comparable to?

and, I've seen Eagles with these but they are much more common on Eastons. What is the name of the yellow pieces inbetween the backrolls? Is it still an option?

4abb_1.JPG

Edited by TBLfan

I've been looking at a lot of Eagles the past few days on the gallery here and on getty images and man....there are some sweet looking pairs out there on NHL players. I'm eager to try the PPF on and see how it feels after hearing quite good things about it.

Careful, not all are true PPF.

I've been looking at a lot of Eagles the past few days on the gallery here and on getty images and man....there are some sweet looking pairs out there on NHL players. I'm eager to try the PPF on and see how it feels after hearing quite good things about it.

Is there a way to tell by lookng at them? I've noticed some have angled backrolls and look like x70's (Bertuzzi) and ones that have straight backrolls (Redden).

Recently, straight backrolls are limited to only the Odyssey, xtreme, cp92/94/95 I believe. That should give you an idea of what you'd be getting. Eagle is one of the most confusing glove makers in hockey because they offer soo many options and have soo many different gloves... and they all look similar.

Now, I'm also going to assume that straight backrolls can be ordered on a x70, so that kind of throws a wrench into the whole program.

Edited by TBLfan

Recently, straight backrolls are limited to only the Odyssey, xtreme, cp92/94/95 I believe. That should give you an idea of what you'd be getting. Eagle is one of the most confusing glove makers in hockey because they offer soo many options and have soo many different gloves... and they all look similar.

Now, I'm also going to assume that straight backrolls can be ordered on a x70, so that kind of throws a wrench into the whole program.

I have tried on both kinds (straight - CP94/ Angled - x70's) but I can't remember if the angled backrolls "feel" any different when your hand is in the glove. Do you know if it does or is it just for looks?

Edited by Fletch

What other model gloves are available for custom order? Including models with 5-rolls and other "odd-ball" models such as a cp95. I've also heard models such as x71. And what exactly are the specs of something like a x71?

Eagle is pretty accommodating. Last December I ordered nylon CP94’s with digital palms, tapered fingers, mesh gussets, embroidered logos, and a shortened cuff.

aka DIFFERENT, hah!

Yeah, mojo, Eagle has plenty of options. Hopefully, everything I wanted was included in my order. Did you get yours yet?

aka DIFFERENT, hah!

Yeah, mojo, Eagle has plenty of options. Hopefully, everything I wanted was included in my order. Did you get yours yet?

Never post before coffee. I actually ordered them in October and got them in December. Well worth the wait.

Unfortunately, that is a trick question. I guess it depends who you bought your gloves from...

I have the Pro Stocks. What's the difference, besides the additional outer material options?

Here's a pic of my Pro Stocks, which are shown on the Eagle 2007 website. I picked them up at the HM store in Santa Ana:

th_EaglePro1.jpg