Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

pick up hockey (shinny) pet peeves

i hate when people drink my water

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. Plastic water bottles are $2 at the various sports shops, go buy your lazy ass one instead of drinking the entire bottle I brought for myself, without asking.

I'm considering buying a second bottle, filling it with Bitter Apple, and then just doing without water for a game or two to teach some lessons. :angry:

I have to say that i don't think this has ever happened to me. (well not that i know of at least.) Not only is it rude its kinda gross. " Ya i don't need your herp. Thanks!"

1. People who complain about stuff. Just play and go home.

2. People who are too cool too try. Can you at least reach for the pass I tried to get to you...

Went to a drop in (dont go anymore because of the pet peeves), and there was a 14 or 15 year old kid. He's good enough to play for state and national level for his age group, so he is not a newbie. About half the guys that turn up are AA (top level) players, and the rest are average or new players. We toss sticks in a pile, and split the teams up. Kid finds out he's on a team that has more of the average/new players, and whines about it the whole night...

Same drop in, AA players are just passing to their AA team mates, freezing the rest of us out of the game. Even when we are COMPLETELY open in front of the goalie, they would rather wheel back and reset with their AA team mates.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. Plastic water bottles are $2 at the various sports shops, go buy your lazy ass one instead of drinking the entire bottle I brought for myself, without asking.

I'm considering buying a second bottle, filling it with Bitter Apple, and then just doing without water for a game or two to teach some lessons. :angry:

Screw top water bottle, friend. Lol

That's the only way to stop them. Unless you drink right in front of them, and then ask for a sip.

Gray, white, black, and navy are fine. You know, the jerseys that occupy 75% of the jersey space in your LHSs. Why do we need to play with purple/red/orange/green jerseys? Really, folks?

Or the guy who wears a mostly yellow jersey with white shoulders, and the guy who wears a mostly white jersey with yellow shoulders, and they're on opposite teams. :-P

i hate when people drink my water

Go get your water bottle, a roll of white tape, and a black marker. Wrap your bottle a couple times in the tape so its big enough to write on. Take your marker, write the three capital letters FLU on it.

No one will ever touch that bottle again.

I took up goalie and my biggest pet peeve as Law et al have stated before is the constant deking during warmups. I want shots in a certain area in a certain position- If one gets past in a normal warmup, fine. Don't deke a guy out of his shoes 5 minutes into the stick time just because you have a goalie to shoot on. I do end up irritating them by the end of the warmup because I'll just stop dead in my tracks and act as a freeze frame. It doesn't help that my rink lets 10 year olds play at the same time that 18+ do and I saw a small kid get tagged in the elbow with a slapper right in front of me because he couldn't wait to shoot on me. Needless to say, the kid had been told multiple times that he was going to get hit but still decided to get in the way.

last friday we had 36 guys, no goalie. ended up playing 6 on 6. it was a cluster f*** to say the least.they try to max out at 24 but i guess a few of the guys just walked in without paying.

Not a new pet peeve, but a nice bit of commupance... So the usual douche, too cool for school, been coast to coast a dozen times already in the mostly novice pickup, messing up the pace of the whole game... we all know the guy, been talking about him for 48 pages... Anyway, he loses his stick for one reason or another and decides he's going to finish this coast to coast soccer style, just to show us he can. Don't know what he figured he'd do when he got to the goal, but he was 3/4 of the way through the neutral zone when he stepped on the puck and felll backwards on his ass. Talk about satisfying moments. To make matters better, he's too cool to latch the strap on his helmet too and it shifted when he fell, giving him a giant goose egg on the back of his head. I waited to see that he wasn't seriously hurt before I started enjoying my schadefraude, but I have to say I wasn't too disappointed when he missed the next week with a minor concussion. Does that make me evil?

I guess Im color blind because I cant decide if yellow is light or dark

So put them with the other team. It doesn't matter, as long as everyone knows which side they're on.

People who make fun of other people for the level or age of their equipment. Its mostly high school kids that i have witnessed do this but a few adults as well. Who cares if it old or not Pro Stock its about the love of the game right?

Right, but there is always that one tool who decides to wear a all yellow jersey. That pisses me off

I actually enjoy wearing my all yellow Summer Jam jersey to pickup because I can be put on either the light or dark team. I am just a giant tool.

Agreed with troy, I wear orange/yellow sometimes for versatility (can go either way, same with red) and if the pickup guys agree that it's whites & yellow vs colors then why not? As long as everyone understands.