Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

FEDOROVSKATE.gif

I still own this picture.

I would love for Nike to come out with a shoe version of those skates, they are so sweet. I know they do all those retro Jordans, I wish they would have those made into shoes or even retro skates. I was a nike guy back in the day and I loved that look.

can't forget theo fleury.

fleury.jpg

theo1.jpg

s_theoren_fleury_i.jpg

_1195450_theo_fleury1300.jpg

colorado005.jpg

calgary083.jpg

fleury.png

peep the vintage Easton and Bauer Supreme 8000s with black TUUKs on Sakic..i've always wanted that same exact set up for skates (and for some reason always liked the look of the Ignite skates that Fleury is wearing)

and i actually still own (regularly use)

nike ignite 3 gloves (black leather) and i have a nike ignite shaft (come to think of it.. it's the same shaft Fleury is using). i didn't even realize he used some of the stuff i owned back in the day.

and these (got them for free in HS from a friend and still wear them).

25801fm.jpg

hahah sweet pics, i searched for a while last night and couldnt find many pics with Theo in Nike.

HES ONLY FIVE SIX!

Here's some of mine...couldnt believe it when I found these pants at Play it Again...

Pants

Mitts

Those pants are unreal, I've been looking for those for some time...

When I was playing street hockey back in the day I asked my parents for a Nike aluminum shaft that I had seen Feds and a few other guys using. I got a powertek shaft with a plastic blade.

When I was playing street hockey back in the day I asked my parents for a Nike aluminum shaft that I had seen Feds and a few other guys using. I got a powertek shaft with a plastic blade.

From what I remember, those Nike aluminums were terrible. They would get bent or broken constantly.

not sure what model they were, but i had a 260 pro radius aluminum with a copper tip, and black 45* "vapor 10" weave.

and their blue shaft with red/yellow/orange highlights, 2 of my faves

I had the crappy shaft with polarfibre grip and a copper tip. It had a chain-link looking design on it and sucked out loud. Had their BDP gloves then, just not the cool design down the middle like Stevens's.

FEDOROVSKATE.gif

I would love for Nike to come out with a shoe version of those skates, they are so sweet. I know they do all those retro Jordans, I wish they would have those made into shoes or even retro skates. I was a nike guy back in the day and I loved that look.

Did Nike ever make these skates for the public? The Zoom airs were the first ones that I remember

FEDOROVSKATE.gif

Did Nike ever make these skates for the public? The Zoom airs were the first ones that I remember

Those were never made for the public.

And they were not Zoom Airs, they were Air Accel Elite.

i've always wanted a pair of Ignites.

does anyone know where i can get my hands on some? lol if i can find them for cheap, i'll probably get some as backup skates.. and then get XXXs or XXXXs.

33067.jpg

Gotta love those oval laces.

I don't have a way to post a picture but one of my favorite Christmas ornaments is the Mario Lemieux Hallmark ornament that has all of his equipment with Nike swooshes on it: stick, helmet, pants, gloves, skates...the thing is legendary!

I remember one year for my nephew's birthday, he had to be about seven years old, instead of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, he made a homemade pin-the-Nike-swoosh-on-the-white-skate game!!! Sergei's influence on a Red Wings kid!

I had a nephew that would always hear about some far-away pro shop that MAY have the rare Nike ice hockey pants or the stick or whatever...never found the stuff, and he eventually gave up the search and ended up using his artistic talents and using White-Out to put a swoosh on the leg of some Hespeler pants!!!

i've always wanted a pair of Ignites.

does anyone know where i can get my hands on some? lol if i can find them for cheap, i'll probably get some as backup skates.. and then get XXXs or XXXXs.

33067.jpg

I find it interesting to see that this was the first skate to use the oval insert off the eyelets on the boot. The CCM U+ has this feature in their boot.

pin the swoosh on the skate...hahah thats amazing

paul over at uniwatch would be pulling his hair out reading this thread

...heres another gem

jim carrey in net for the caps? and check the swooshes on the gatorade bottles

pin the swoosh on the skate...hahah thats amazing

paul over at uniwatch would be pulling his hair out reading this thread

...heres another gem

jim carrey in net for the caps? and check the swooshes on the gatorade bottles

LOL always loved that commercial.

Here's another couple classics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMb1M5OycA...feature=related

oh man, we had such the Nike hookup when that came out, but the Air Accel Elite's were like tanks, I tried to use them for even some outdoor roller, but no luck..

I did like the Inno made shafts, mostly the Troika's (sort of a Novius type) and yeah the oval Cirrus wasn't the best..

so much of the pro stuff was just bauer with a swoosh, but hey they came a long way in 10 years, starting with the Ignite's and going from there...

I had the crappy shaft with polarfibre grip and a copper tip. It had a chain-link looking design on it and sucked out loud. Had their BDP gloves then, just not the cool design down the middle like Stevens's.

Haha I had that one too. It was like a wet noodle, I was using the ol Bauer DET 5500 shafts and I snapped two of them in a game and my LHS guy hooked me up with that Nike shaft. I used it in one practice and sold it to a kid for 100 bucks. First and only Nike product I ever used.

I still use a pair of Quest gloves I got like 5 or 6 years back. I remember when that Nike stuff came out I loved it! Put a white swoosh on some black tape and put it over the cooper symbol on my old hockey helmet when I was younger lol. GOod times... Good times.