Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

I went through my old hockey equipment and found these beauties.

3098447497_175249dacd.jpg

They were my back up pair of skates, i think I only wore them 5 times because they were a size too big and cut into my leg. They're size 8D Air Zoom Elites. If any one is interested, PM me.

*edit* I meant Air Accel Elites.

Those were the lowest end model...might have been called "Air Speed", but not sure.

Yes they are Air Speed's

As for the Black Accels - I'd keep em if I were you...I have these in white and the model you have (plus loads of others in this line of skate) and they get the most looks on the rink!

^v9s with tblades.. that's ultimate hype. SMH.

i'd kill for a pair of V12s..but what i've really wanted forever is a pair of ignite 1.

33067.jpg

I have a pair of Ignite that I use now, but I don't know what number they are. I'm pretty sure from looking at various pictures that they're Ignite 7s.

FEDOROVSKATE.gif

I still own this picture.

I would love for Nike to come out with a shoe version of those skates, they are so sweet. I know they do all those retro Jordans, I wish they would have those made into shoes or even retro skates. I was a nike guy back in the day and I loved that look.

Nike would make a fortune if they could bring out this design on a light skate like the Bauer One-90.

Retro design with modern materials.

I sold these last spring:

P1000161.jpg

those are very similar to the ones i have.. ^ but they're super beat.. what are they called?!

differences on mine being..

-the ZOOM AIR is green and the swoosh below that is orange (on the tongue)

-towards the tow i don't have that extra piece of leather.

i get all of them mixed up cause they all look very similar but have slight variations.

Air accel elites are basically old bauer 5000s with a different toe cap and about a quarter a lb of extra crap glued and stitched on each skate. As a bonus, you get another 1/4lb in water soak during a game. Truly crap skates. Seriously, for those of you too young to remember when these were in all the pro shops and nobody bought them, even the most markish of kids could look at those and look at the bauer 5000s from that era (which were a great great skate), and know you were being taken for fools by nike. I don't think the ignites were all that bad, and I loved how the v12 fit me but the construction was a disgrace.

Those internal materials, ankle packs and outsole/blade were bauer 5000 all the way. The last may have been daoust. but the rest sure didn't look it. The boot itself was deeper than the bauer, but I see more in common with the 5000 than a daoust construction-wise. Those things were so bad..... That material on the outside quarters of the elites might as well have been cotton.

so dauost made the last of the nike branded skates? that's probably why gretzky decided to wear nikes in his last season or two.

these were posted on PHEW (on facebook) and the guy says they're gretzky pro returns.

n793815650_5107483_5472.jpg

how many different models/versions of the white nikes are there? ive seen 5. they all came out around the same time though.. i was wondering why there was so many different variations (i know there's different models.. but even models that are the same.. still looked different) of the same skate. but i guess what you mean is.. they're like the vapor line in that.. there's different models.. there's an 8, 10, 20, 30,40.. with 40 being top of the line. . how did nike (back in the day) distinguish between its skates? cause i've had my white nike skates for the past 8 years and to this day (got them used from a family friend).. i still can' figure out what ones they are.

No, those were on a Daoust last. Ignite, Quest and Flexlite were different fits.

Gretzky pro return...that's funny. That just did not happen.

And let's say that there is a miniscule chance it were a Gretzky return - he certainly didn't have a holder that came out 6 years after he retired.

Gretzky's skates weren't and aren't available. I'm not sure where they went once he was done with them, but I'm sure they weren't made available....especially to anyone dumb enough to bastardize them by swapping holders.

so dauost made the last of the nike branded skates? that's probably why gretzky decided to wear nikes in his last season or two.

these were posted on PHEW (on facebook) and the guy says they're gretzky pro returns.

n793815650_5107483_5472.jpg

how many different models/versions of the white nikes are there? ive seen 5. they all came out around the same time though.. i was wondering why there was so many different variations (i know there's different models.. but even models that are the same.. still looked different) of the same skate. but i guess what you mean is.. they're like the vapor line in that.. there's different models.. there's an 8, 10, 20, 30,40.. with 40 being top of the line. . how did nike (back in the day) distinguish between its skates? cause i've had my white nike skates for the past 8 years and to this day (got them used from a family friend).. i still can' figure out what ones they are.

These were originally a roller boot hence why they have a new Tuuk on there. Only the roller editions had the small, raised part near the toe on the sides - none of the ice versions had this.

If you post a pic of the ones you won yourself, I'll tell you which ones they are as I own 4 of the 5 different versions. I have pics of mine on page 7

If you post a pic of the ones you won yourself, I'll tell you which ones they are as I own 4 of the 5 different versions. I have pics of mine on page 7

i have ones that you have.. these.. but mine have the stock TUUK custom + (white) and i'm actually thinking of converting them to roller boots with a mission hi-lo chasis i have on a pair of old Mission Proto SV.

Picture174.jpg

JR-i know the ignite, quest and flexlite weren't dauoust.. i was trying to ask if the skates that Gretz used (these black ones and the one of a kind white with blue)

252547745_28b01e253a.jpg

The ones we both have are called "Pursuit" - also the hi-lo goes on the boot fairly easily :)

Wish I could find a pic of the white and blue ones Gretzky had actually, Id forgotten about them.