Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

Am I the only one that liked the look of the Nike Quest 1 helmet? Thought it had some very inovative features on it as well. I had one for quite a while but ended up giving it to my son because he needed a helmet and I had my Nike/Bauer 5000 as well at that time.

Picked these up at the local Goodwill store for $2.99, couldn't pass them up. They are in great shape too...

img0100wi.jpg

almost bought that quest helmet a few years ago. the design was way out there lol.

My friend used to call it the 'flying squirrel helmet' :rolleyes:

Picked these up at the local Goodwill store for $2.99, couldn't pass them up. They are in great shape too...

img0100wi.jpg

What size invert? Love those skates, wish I could find that deal. If they are 7.5 I'll make you an offer. ;)

What size invert? Love those skates, wish I could find that deal. If they are 7.5 I'll make you an offer. ;)

You might be one happy camper then...

Have this poster hanging on my wall..

All the jerseys have the NHL 2000 patch on them so the poster is over 10 years old and still chugging.

nike.jpg

Man this is bringing me back. I started playing around the mid 90's and I think the Nike hockey gear stuff was the first hockey trend I ever witnessed. Everyone had to have a piece of Nike equipment. Then I remember everyone going after Eagle gloves and Synergy OPS. What would the current hockey trend be? hmm. Maybe just pro stock gear? The internet has made it easier to come by.

probably warrior franchise gloves, one95 or XXXX stick, one95 or X:60 skates.

when i was in youth hockey, if you didnt have a bauer 4500, you were an outcast. the 4500 with an itech rbe III cage was THE setup. i remember the tormenting that went on in the dressing rooms before and after games, it was f'in harsh. i only got beaked a few times but there were kids on my team that were roasted from the moment they walked into the room 'til the moment they walked out after the game. i just wanted to fit in in the room and stand out on the ice, and i was a nice guy, so i didnt bully anyone. i'm thankful for that because i'd probably have a lot of guilt now. because of that i was almost always the captain or alternate even though i may not have possessed the best skills on the team. every summer during try outs, i would almost always get into a fight with the bullies that i would eventually play with because i despised them so much, yet knew that i was going to be playng with them and this would be my only chance to release my anger toward them.

its funny because looking at pics of those nike skates, and other gear from that era, i think hockey gear was the first thing i was actually passionate about, and then it started to trickle into my every day life... now i'm extremely particular about everything.

it probably hasn't changed, but knowing what goes on in there from my youth makes me that much more willing to provide the kind of gear my son wants... i understand that the gear doesnt make the player, but if it makes it that much easier for him to have a good time playing, then its a small price to pay.

sorry for the digression, but like people has said, those skates, and pretty much nike hockey as a whole, single handedly put an element of fashion into the game, which changed it for a generation of impressionable kids and it has carried on into today.

img0100wi.jpg

:biggrin: I have those as well. For cheap skates, they're wonderful. And everyone always asks about them when you skate.

Man this is bringing me back. I started playing around the mid 90's and I think the Nike hockey gear stuff was the first hockey trend I ever witnessed. Everyone had to have a piece of Nike equipment. Then I remember everyone going after Eagle gloves and Synergy OPS. What would the current hockey trend be? hmm. Maybe just pro stock gear? The internet has made it easier to come by.

Pro stock for sure but as I see it:

Helmet: Bauer 4500-5500

Cage: 480

Shoulders: Jofa or something old

Elbows: Jofa

Gloves: Warrior Franchise, Bauer 4-rolls

Sticks: Bauer one95, Warrior or older composites(OG Synergy, CNT/05 stealths, XXXlite)

Pants: Tackla, Warrior

Shins: Jofa

Skates: Bauer TO or older Bauer skates like Vapor XXX, 8090, Vapor 10.

BTW, one of the two pieces of Nike gear I have... the pants in that Nike poster that Lecavalier is wearing.

I think I now have about 8 or 9 pairs of the differing variations of white Zooms, recently put a mag chassis on one pair - pics of them all are in this thread and the Custom conversions thread. Kinda running out of room now, as I also have all the black variations.

Even after rocking converted one95s for roller and an ice pair, and other high end gear in recent years, these Nike skates remain my fave design of all time personally.

The Nike equipment did alot for the younger guys in hockey...It brought an attraction to the game, and for the benders in HS hockey or whatever, even if you sucked, you were still looked at as a cool guy for having the top of the line bad ass equipment that everyone wanted...Hell they still make white skates today and Nike started it. I dont rock anything like that as my ice equipment, although I do have a complete set of stuff for inline hockey - partly because I dont really take it anywhere near as seriously as I do ice, and inline is all about being flashy with the equipment, so I say "hey, ill be flashy with a throwback style" so I have my ALL white zoom air with white wheels and a polished chassis, black with red Ignite 1 gloves, white Nike 4000 or whatever helmet and a few different nike shafts. I also have a pair of ALL black something or other zoom air skates set up for outside roller

durty

Had to dig this up to show off my Play It Again find, anyone know if these can be baked? Also which model exactly are they? Just wore em around the house for a bit and have a hot spot on the outside of each foot, was curious if they could be heat molded.

naee.jpg

Had to dig this up to show off my Play It Again find, anyone know if these can be baked? Also which model exactly are they? Just wore em around the house for a bit and have a hot spot on the outside of each foot, was curious if they could be heat molded.

naee.jpg

How much did you pay for them?