Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

$40

Take off the rubber or plastic outsole, put a modern light weight one, some LS2 holders, and make them out of alive material. If this was done I would rock these 100% on the ice today!

I know that some people, maybe even most will hate them. I do not mind, i dig them.

edit*

Maybe change all the different shapes involved with what looks like the original x-rib.

Just picked these up brand new from a shop I found while out at work. Tongues say Zoom Air. Looks like goatskin liner. Made in Canada (weren't some of them made overseas?). Tuuk+ Holders. Footbed looks like carbon strand with turquoise fiberglass strands. Swoosh on back and footbeds are also turquoise.

Never though I would find a new set in size 12. I can't wait to break them in.

V1Y2C.jpg

when i was in youth hockey, if you didnt have a bauer 4500, you were an outcast. the 4500 with an itech rbe III cage was THE setup.

I had that same helmet set up, actually still have it!

Never really had much Nike gear, the only thing I had was a Nike shaft that I never really cared for.

Haha I remember my teal aluminum Nike shaft That was cut down. I don't even wanna know what the flex was, but I loved That thing.

I'm going around the 450-500 flex mark.

I'm going around the 450-500 flex mark.

Those things WERE stiff as all hell right off the rack. Felt like if they flexed much at all, they'd cave in.

I posted back on page 6 or 7 (pics of all the models I own. Had the mag frames fitted a few months ago

70a6d514.jpg

Hi all,

I am new to this site and saw these posts on line. I am searching for a pair of nike zoom airs (white ones), size 8.5 or 9. Played with 3 pairs for years and my last pair just cracked the toe cap. Anyone out there have any or know of any?

Growing up playing hockey in the 70's and 80's probably made me more of a traditionist. Quality of the "Nike branded" equipment aside, am I the only one that always felt the swoosh just looked out of place on hockey gear, especially skates? I still think it just looks wierd. I was happy with Nike incorporated the Bauer logo back in, happier when Nike sold the bauer line, and will be happiest when the swoosh is gone from the logo all together. Off topic... I guess I'm just old now and don't adapt to change as well as I used to. I was okay with "RBK" and logo but I'm stuggling with the rebranded "Reebok" on the new stuff.

This. I'm glad in a way that I completely skipped the Nike hockey era- made for some good TV commercials though. And with Reebok now being a major player is very weird, but I must admit I love how my 7K Pumps fit!

Quick question for anyone that might remember, how did the sizing go on the Nike skates? There's no size tag on mine but lengthwise they fit exactly the same as my Bauer One100 in 7D and have a size 263 holder on them. I wear a size 9 shoe, did Nike use shoe sizing on their skates or skate sizing? Thanks

On 12/5/2013 at 3:39 PM, cemetery said:

Quick question for anyone that might remember, how did the sizing go on the Nike skates? There's no size tag on mine but lengthwise they fit exactly the same as my Bauer One100 in 7D and have a size 263 holder on them. I wear a size 9 shoe, did Nike use shoe sizing on their skates or skate sizing? Thanks

My understanding is that these are more closely fit to shoe size. A friend of mine still has these in really bad shape but his skate is 11 and shoe size 11. I really wish I still had a pair of these.   

On 12/5/2013 at 0:39 PM, cemetery said:

Looking at size Zoom Air skates in isze 12, they using 296mm holders, tells me that they are 1 size up from today's Bauers. Meaning that Old Nike Zoom Air in size 12 would be the same length as today's Bauer Supreme in size 11 (which also uses 296mm holders).  Not sure if this is good enough for you to go on.