Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefelixculpa

...McCain for President?

People like Margaret Thatcher come to mind after that comment. She didn't fuck around, and was probably the best leader that country ever had. I don't care if the guy or girl comes off to be a figurative puppy kicker, we need someone to not want to "just appease everyone and make everyone happy" and get in the white house and take care of business that needs to be taken care of. We don't need anymore wishy-washy types trying to take over ::cough cough:: John Kerry ::cough cough::

McCain for president? haha.

McCain has the charisma of a doorknob, and a very LONGGGG senate record that will be taken, dissected, and beaten over his head with. He offers no new ideas for any change in any area (admits he knows little about the economy, and made the foolish mistake of saying we could remain in Iraq for "100 years" -- that comment will come back and bite him in the ass for the next 100 years.)

Who cares about charisma? We're not picking him to wheel cougars, we're picking him to run the nation.

A smart man can admit those things he does not know and a smarter man is able to pick advisors who do.

Just reading the first few words in that sentence of yours, is enough for me to not take your posts seriously lol.

McCain would be another term of Bush, but more statesmanlike.

Charisma almost got us a nuclear war in the 60's. No thanks.

If you could, would you rather have had the current President in 1962? Umm...no, I don't think so.

If you could, would you rather have had the current President in 1962? Umm...no, I don't think so.

And what in this discussion has to do with Bush?

And what in this discussion has to do with Bush?

You somehow correlated the charisma of The President with the near nuclear war that erupted during the Cuban Missle Crisis, so I suggested that perhaps you would rather have had a less charismatic leader (Bush) instead of JFK.

When two superpowers are staring down the barrel of a nuclear apocalypse I'd be sure to want the biggest asshole I could find running the country. Great thought.

Kennedy won on charisma. Although he is fondly remembered, Kennedy did more to put the US on the brink of war with an opposing super-power than any other president in the last 50 years. Kennedy's presidency wasn't exactly the splendid affair that folks pretend it was.......and he killed Marilyn Monroe.

Nothing makes me more flacid than a good ol' political discussion. But seriously, Bush part 2? Not even close. McCains views differ greatly from Bush's and the extreme right, thats why most Bush supporters (if any left) and conservatives hate the idea of him as the republican candidate.

The Bush pt II comment wasn't referring to their policies, just the whole "Bushisms" comedy quote thing.

to me one of the critical things the democrats have against them is experience. obama and Clinton dont have much of a track record (being the presidents wife has no experience value with me) so when you look on experience McCain has my vote, but like in the previous elections i find myself voting for the lesser of two evils rather then what i believe to be the best candidate. That scares me and thats why i think America's political system is in trouble

People like Margaret Thatcher come to mind after that comment. She didn't fuck around, and was probably the best leader that country ever had. I don't care if the guy or girl comes off to be a figurative puppy kicker, we need someone to not want to "just appease everyone and make everyone happy" and get in the white house and take care of business that needs to be taken care of. We don't need anymore wishy-washy types trying to take over ::cough cough:: John Kerry ::cough cough::

You have got to be shitting me. She lost her first two elections, then took speech and appearance lessons from an advertising agency, and learned to say what would get her elected. She wanted no part of the EEC, she made it her business to break unions. She wouldn't commit to sanctions on south africa. She raised vat while telling people she wanted them to keep their money. She talked a big game on terrorism, but when it came down to it, she traded the coventry 4, for britons in Angola.

She was great friends with reagan so was portrayed as a great leader over here.

None of that describes her opinions and actions toward the Irish people, who she was caught on mic calling no better than animals and considered them second class citizens.

There are as many english who hate her as Irish, but I will do a particulary happy dance when that cow dies.

I'm sorry to get off point, but that bitch boils my blood, it may seem irrational to some, but it's not to me.

Sorry for my rambling blowhardedness

Nothing makes me more flacid than a good ol' political discussion. But seriously, Bush part 2? Not even close. McCains views differ greatly from Bush's and the extreme right, thats why most Bush supporters (if any left) and conservatives hate the idea of him as the republican candidate.

The Bush pt II comment wasn't referring to their policies, just the whole "Bushisms" comedy quote thing.

ah.. I hear what youre saying now

8 years ago, I might've liked the idea of McCain for President, however now? He scares the crap out of me. When asked about the economy and his plan to fix the mess we're in, he said something like "Don't ask me, that's not my department."

The government shouldn't have to/can't fix the economy.

The government is very largely responsible for the economic issues we have in the country now, especially on an international level.

You have got to be shitting me. She lost her first two elections, then took speech and appearance lessons from an advertising agency, and learned to say what would get her elected. She wanted no part of the EEC, she made it her business to break unions. She wouldn't commit to sanctions on south africa. She raised vat while telling people she wanted them to keep their money. She talked a big game on terrorism, but when it came down to it, she traded the coventry 4, for britons in Angola.

She was great friends with reagan so was portrayed as a great leader over here.

None of that describes her opinions and actions toward the Irish people, who she was caught on mic calling no better than animals and considered them second class citizens.

There are as many english who hate her as Irish, but I will do a particulary happy dance when that cow dies.

I'm sorry to get off point, but that bitch boils my blood, it may seem irrational to some, but it's not to me.

Sorry for my rambling blowhardedness

Maybe my facts are wrong. I don't even remember typing "best leader they ever had" either, that is going a fair amount too far, but from what I've heard/read I was under the impression that she was effective. I guess to digress slightly, I have a feeling all political leaders think of their people as animals. It can seem that way fairly often, in many many countries.

If it comes out to be McCain and Obama how exactly will McCain's senate record hurt him? Is it the fact that he has been there for four terms? Or is it the fact that he has a long record of working outside his party? Obama's one term has seen him spend more time campaigning than anything else.

McCain's record is one of compromise and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The country doesn't do well when either party is trying to force their agenda, the best path is usually through the middle. The problem is that our two parties have become so divisive and so obstinate that they will accept nothing less than full integration of their agenda. What we need are people willing to give up the posturing and work on finding middle ground, that's where progress is made.

Charisma is very important...the role of the President is largely that of a consensus builder, you can't be a dick and expect to lead the free world.

You're exactly right. I'm a political science graduate and had to take two courses on Presidents. 1 was exclusively on 20th century Presidential leadership styles. The President essentially does 4 things, 1) Appoint a lot of important decision makers, everyone from the Fed to the Sup. Ct 2) Propose a budget to congress 3) Make speeches and represent America around the world and 4) Issue Executive Orders. I'm sure there are a couple I'm forgetting but those, IMHO, are the main points. The point of electing a President is largely whose judgment do you trust more in those 4 areas? As of this moment, I think Obama, but am not yet 100% sure.

I'm however not at all sure that I can trust McCain. He admitted he knows nothing about the economy (who the hell is he going to appoint to the treasury, Mr. Bean?), is going to continue our broken foreign policy and won't unite America with the rest of the international community.

Charisma is very important...the role of the President is largely that of a consensus builder, you can't be a dick and expect to lead the free world.

You're exactly right. I'm a political science graduate and had to take two courses on Presidents. 1 was exclusively on 20th century Presidential leadership styles. The President essentially does 4 things, 1) Appoint a lot of important decision makers, everyone from the Fed to the Sup. Ct 2) Propose a budget to congress 3) Make speeches and represent America around the world and 4) Issue Executive Orders. I'm sure there are a couple I'm forgetting but those, IMHO, are the main points. The point of electing a President is largely whose judgment do you trust more in those 4 areas? As of this moment, I think Obama, but am not yet 100% sure.

I'm however not at all sure that I can trust McCain. He admitted he knows nothing about the economy (who the hell is he going to appoint to the treasury, Mr. Bean?), is going to continue our broken foreign policy and won't unite America with the rest of the international community.

Former poli sci major myself. It was my understanding the head Fed is more or less confirmed than appointed. Which is BS anyway. The head fed is just the face of the Fed. Regardless of who appoints who the point is moot when it comes to the fed which is really just a private central bank that is robbing this country the same way central banks have robbed every othery country they've been allowed to setup shop in. Completely un-Constitutional. Go look up Creature from Jekyll Island for the low down. Sorry.. tangent.

Executives orders are a joke, too. A nice way for Presidents to skirt the legislative process set forth by the constitition.

Go look up Creature from Jekyll Island for the low down. Sorry.. tangent.

A guy on another forum of mine was just talking about that book in a discussion we were having. The quote from my signature comes from the book (or an article related to the book) as do the rest of these:

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." -- Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws" -- Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Senators & Congressmen

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States" -- Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill." -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr., 1913

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." -- Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1913

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board administers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". -- Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

"The Federal Reserve banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen.

There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this nation is run by the

International bankers -- Congressman Louis T. McFadden (Rep. Pa)

"Some people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions.

They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people

of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers" -- Congressional

Record 12595-12603 -- Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the Committee on Banking and

Currency (12 years) June 10, 1932

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and unforgivable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." -- John

Danforth (R-Mo)

Banker’s quotes

"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important

subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon."

--Robert H. Hamphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank

Past Presidents, not including the Founding Fathers

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce." -- James A. Garfield, President of the United States

"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." --President Woodrow Wilson

Founding Father's Quotes on Banking

Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President.

Andrew Jackson

"If Congress has the right [it doesn't] to issue paper money [currency], it was given to them to be used by... [the government] and not to be delegated to individuals or corporations" -- President Andrew Jackson, Vetoed Bank Bill of 1836

James Madison

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance". -- James Madison

"To expose a 15 Trillion dollar rip-off of the American people by the stockholders of the 1000 largest corporations over the last 100 years will be a tall order of business." -- Buckminster Fuller

"Every Congressman, every Senator knows precisely what causes inflation...but can't, [won't] support the drastic reforms to stop it [repeal of the Federal Reserve Act] because it could cost him his job." -- Robert A. Heinlein, Expanded Universe

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

"[Every circulating FRN] represents a one dollar debt to the Federal Reserve system." -- Money

Facts, House Banking and Currency Committee

"...the increase in the assets of the Federal Reserve banks from 143 million dollars in 1913 to 45 billion dollars in 1949 went directly to the private stockholders of the [federal reserve] banks." --

Eustace Mullins

"As soon as Mr. Roosevelt took office, the Federal Reserve began to buy government securities at the rate of ten million dollars a week for 10 weeks, and created one hundred million dollars in new [checkbook] currency, which alleviated the critical famine of money and credit, and the factories

started hiring people again." -- Eustace Mullins

Former poli sci major myself. It was my understanding the head Fed is more or less confirmed than appointed. Which is BS anyway. The head fed is just the face of the Fed. Regardless of who appoints who the point is moot when it comes to the fed which is really just a private central bank that is robbing this country the same way central banks have robbed every othery country they've been allowed to setup shop in. Completely un-Constitutional. Go look up Creature from Jekyll Island for the low down. Sorry.. tangent.

Executives orders are a joke, too. A nice way for Presidents to skirt the legislative process set forth by the constitition.

I'm completely with ya. The Fed is a monumental screwjob to the people, more or less. And executive orders are bs too, the good news is they can be stricken down by the courts.

A guy on another forum of mine was just talking about that book in a discussion we were having. The quote from my signature comes from the book (or an article related to the book) as do the rest of these:

Amen brutha. It's amazing how well the brainwash has been. A team mate of mine almost has his 'in'doctorate of economics. He was going off on some economic theory of the 20's and the crash. I told him theory is just that..theory. I then said look at the historic facts and it becomes obvious why the economy took a dump in the 20's and it's a similar reason it's taking a dump now. The only reason the markets are still somewhat defying gravity is the plunge protection team and the fed pumping more money while the smart money is leaving or is long gone. Bear Stearns is just the iceberg.

"To expose a 15 Trillion dollar rip-off of the American people by the stockholders of the 1000 largest corporations over the last 100 years will be a tall order of business." -- Buckminster Fuller

LOL, buckminster fuller. bucky balls are my favorite.

Kennedy won on charisma.

And because Nixon didn't have a decent makeup artist for a televised debate (that radio listeners thought Nixon had won), and because Nikon couldn't control his perspiration during said debate, and because of daddy Joe Kennedy's seamy behind-the-scenes dealings with a bunch of shady characters. I do find the lionization of Kennedy to be utterly fascinating.

Hillary and Barack seem to be fading. I'm now thinking a McCain/Romney ticket just might happen after all...