Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I would second what jimmy said. It was an easy transition from Lightspeed as I profiled both to the same specs. The added steel in the heel is nice. I've always wondered why the Tuuk ones taper off. Is it for quicker turning?

Just to add some information almost all the Red Wings (who will win the cup this year) are using step steel on their skates. I know Draper, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, USE THEM ON all their skates, Only HAnk and Nik use the chrome type plating steel. Paul Boyer (wings trainer) likes their product as do the players. So if you are interested and need new steel it seems like a good investement, as your skates are the most important part of your equipment!

Just to add some information almost all the Red Wings (who will win the cup this year) are using step steel on their skates. I know Draper, Holmstrom, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, USE THEM ON all their skates, Only HAnk and Nik use the chrome type plating steel. Paul Boyer (wings trainer) likes their product as do the players. So if you are interested and need new steel it seems like a good investement, as your skates are the most important part of your equipment!

The reason why they are liked by skaters and trainers is that they are less likely to break in a game situation than the stock steel.

And they perform better as well. I'm still trying to find out if the 2.1 steel is available yet. I phoned the rep, but I haven't heard back from him. I may tonight. I'll keep you guys posted.

The step rep in my area is also the guy that sharpens my skates. I took my skates in yesterday, but he wasn't there. I'll maybe try phoning him today. He probably won't know the answer off hand, but he will find out for me.

No LS2.1 yet. Step would be foolish not to produce replacement runners for the Bauer models. I checked today with two STEP distributors, neither knew anything about 2.1's, so I imagine it will be some time before we see them.

Sorry if this has been stated, but the standard LS2 Step Steel will fit in the LS2.1 holder just fine, again apologies if it has been mentioned

based off their website, they don't have steel for the Pitch3 holder? That's a bummer, I was hoping to try a set out at some point. Does anyone know for sure if they have it for Pitch, or in the works?

based off their website, they don't have steel for the Pitch3 holder? That's a bummer, I was hoping to try a set out at some point. Does anyone know for sure if they have it for Pitch, or in the works?

Why? The Pitch steel is perfect. No reason for an aftermarket version.

Actually the width of the Step steel would enhance the fit and the performance of the Pitch Holder even more so though.

In fact by the end of the playoffs they all had it and I had come to find out they use a Triple Profile on all Players were the Penquins use only the double.

There was some very interesting things there.

Penguins (hardly anyone on Step and double profile)

Redwings (all on Step and triple profiles)

That is really, really good news - thanks!

Someone (I think it was Duke's) was complaining the other day about steel & holder shortages.

In fact by the end of the playoffs they all had it and I had come to find out they use a Triple Profile on all Players were the Penquins use only the double.

Triple profiles - is that different radii for the front, mid, and back of the blade? And, is it blended in by eye, or are there triple profile template bars?

Triple profiles - is that different radii for the front, mid, and back of the blade? And, is it blended in by eye, or are there triple profile template bars?

also what are the benefits of a triple profile?

also what are the benefits of a triple profile?

triple as in 9 10 9 and 9.5 10.5 9.5 are the most common but there are many others!

As for the benefits you might want to ask the guys holding the Stanly Cup.

There is at the that level but it does take a fair amount of tinkering to get it right. Once it is done right then well the sky is the limit in adjusting it from there to really make the skater fly!

Actually the width of the Step steel would enhance the fit and the performance of the Pitch Holder even more so though.

Hmmm? Just measured the Step and the Mission widths, they are the same, within .5mm. Both around 2.95mm. As with any steel there could be variations in width, but I don't think that would be enough to make any noticeable performance difference. Is there something i'm missing?

I just ordered some velocity steel. It's going to be a couple weeks before I skate with it, but you guys can count on a thorough evaluation once I do.

Alright. I have skated on my velocity steel a few times now, and I can tell you that it is really worthwhile. It's tough to describe how it feels, but it's easy to tell you that it feels good. I highly recommend it.