Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Just got tuuk + ones put on but won't skate in them for a while. I will post how thy turn out. But right away I noticed how taller the steel is. I wonder how it will effect turning?

Sid

Some notes: When the steel first went on it was rockered and sharpened at 5/8's. I skated 12 hours the first week from Sunday to Thursday. I noticed a smoother feeling on the ice right away, but I got used to it and by the end of the week I could not notice it any more. It's still there though. Friday I left town to go to a camp. I had a couple bad nicks after that last week so I got them sharpened for the second time. I skated 3 hours per day all week at the camp. Now I am back from the camp, skated Monday night and still no need to sharpen again. It's been over 20 hours of ice time since my last sharpening.

If you need new steel I highly recommend going with Step Velocity.

Edited by JJStripes

Has anyone tried the RBK Goalie ones?

Yes, the steel is excellent, although I haven't got the veliocity in goalie, just the regulars. The Step goalie steel is like 1/2" taller than the standard RBK's. Very pricey tripple of the RBK's.

And Skate Dr, you have to contact a STEP distributor, not the main company. For you I would go thru NASH.

Has anyone tried the RBK Goalie ones?

Yes, the steel is excellent, although I haven't got the veliocity in goalie, just the regulars. The Step goalie steel is like 1/2" taller than the standard RBK's. Very pricey tripple of the RBK's.

And Skate Dr, you have to contact a STEP distributor, not the main company. For you I would go thru NASH.

I believe Midwest Skate is the one in the US, would it be easier for him to get something through US or Canada?

I called the company and the guy gave me the number to Midwest Skate (248-477-4250). They're only $30 more than the RBK ones so I'm going to order them. :)

And also, my 9k goalie skates are a size 9. What size steel do i need?

Edited by Goalieboy#1

I believe Midwest Skate is the one in the US, would it be easier for him to get something through US or Canada?

I'm not sure. It depends on if England has higher duties from stuff coming from Canada or the US. I'd go with whomever is cheaper, shipping and duties. I had been using NASH but switched to Midwest. Shipping is cheaper and no duties for me. NASH seemed more "informed".

I'm not sure. It depends on if England has higher duties from stuff coming from Canada or the US. I'd go with whomever is cheaper, shipping and duties. I had been using NASH but switched to Midwest. Shipping is cheaper and no duties for me. NASH seemed more "informed".

Nash is for sure more informed he has been working with them since they came out and was even helping with the whole idea.

Ralph is a really great guy and really knows his stuff!

I know on their website they don't have the 2.1 steel, but they do have LS2 Power steel. Seeing as the 2.1 steel is the same as the LS2P steel wouldn't that work, or is it just the runner portion that is identical but the mounting area is different?

I know that in order to order the step steel you have to do it through a retailer but i've tried to contact NASH and have had no response, where has everyone been getting their steel from I need a pair of 280LS Velocity steel before my season starts.

I made the mistake of getting just steep steel and not the Velocity. I did realise there was a dofference. I really find no difference with steep steel.

Did you just call in to order?

Zach

No. I test equipment for a Quebec hockey web site and was offered by Step skates to test them out. :)

went to OHL game and seemed like everyone was on step steel velocity.........looked very nice with the lights reflecting...............now need to find a way to use them without looking like a douche