Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Okay, I see what you are saying there.

Yes, that is their premise for raising the holder. CCM is doing the exact same thing.

But in their defense, it's not like they said before that it didn't make a difference - saying it didn't vs not saying anything is a big difference.

They got educated, simple as that.

They are replacement parts. Therefore the patent doesn't stop step from making the blades.

I may be missing something, but all the information I can find about replacement parts and design patents only refers to Automobile parts.

• Like 2

I may be missing something, but all the information I can find about replacement parts and design patents only refers to Automobile parts.

Would Bauer be willig to license their design out to 3rd party manufacturers?

The flip side can a 3rd party manufacturer tweak the design enough to no infringe on patent but still be usable.

I just got some Step Speed XL (equivalent to Bauer LightSpeed 2.1), and the shark fin at the front has serrations on it. Looks like a good idea to reduce the wobble of the blade within the blade holder. I think it's relatively new; my sets of Step Speed from about 2 years ago didn't have this.

Edited by ktang

I think the serrated is great.. I had steel crack right in half and it stayed in for the rest of the 3rd period. Without the serrated I think it would have fallen out. I try to recommend Step to the players I play with and coach.

Holy hell, I'm so rattled...I can't believe I actually typed that.

I meant to type center line. There's so much going on right now with me concerning the move I obviously can't think straight. I was going to say that they should add a wear indicator.

I like the look of the new logo. I need to pick up some new steel for my skates pretty soon, I am fairly certain I will pick up a pair of step steel. While I haven't used it before, reviews have been great. It's also my favourite steel to sharpen, just feels so smooth.

Just out of interest, how often do you guys sharpen your step steel? As in, how many hours on the ice between sharpenings ?

10-15 hours for me. ROH is 1" or 1+1/4".

Interesting thats probably about how long ive been on my step steel. Only had them sharpened when i bought them. Also, if my inside skate is slipping on crossovers after only an hour or so after a sharpen, is that a good indication i am on too shallow a hollow ? Currently using half inch and weight about 170 pounds.

I would ask to have your edges checked to make sure they are even. Half inch is a pretty standard ROH, and at 170 lbs you shouldn't dull out an edge in 30 minutes to the point of slipping. How long have you played hockey for?

For me, I normally get my skates sharpened every three skates (three hours skating roughly), but that's because I really like the feel of recently sharpened steel. I've gone much longer than that without a sharpening, it's really mental for me....I will say overall Step Steel seems to hold a sharpening longer than the LS2 that came on my last two pairs of skates, and I like the feel of them on the ice better, too.

LS3 have slighly forward pitch same as StepSteel or not?

According to Step they are Slightly Forward pitch, 10' profile.

LS2 is Neutral to slightly negative pitch, 9' profile.

LS2.1 Neutral pitch, 10' profile.

LS3 ?? Probably Neutral like the rest of Bauer steel.

I would ask to have your edges checked to make sure they are even. Half inch is a pretty standard ROH, and at 170 lbs you shouldn't dull out an edge in 30 minutes to the point of slipping. How long have you played hockey for?

For me, I normally get my skates sharpened every three skates (three hours skating roughly), but that's because I really like the feel of recently sharpened steel. I've gone much longer than that without a sharpening, it's really mental for me....I will say overall Step Steel seems to hold a sharpening longer than the LS2 that came on my last two pairs of skates, and I like the feel of them on the ice better, too.

I played inline for about 6 or so years, then ice for 2 years or so. I consider myself a pretty strong skater. I had my skates sharpened the other day and I was slipping on crossovers pretty much straight away. I wonder if it's bad habits carrying over from inline? I tried widening my stance on crossovers but that didn't seem to have an effect. I used to think it was my skates not been stiff enough when I had low end reebok's, but I'm now in Supreme One.8s and the problem is still there. I don't see this happening to anyone else on the ice so I don't know whats going on. Having said that, its not really a big deal and doesn't bother me too much, but if I could solve the problem or work out whats causing it, that would be good.

At times I think I'm just overthinking things and worrying about nothing; as a result of reading this site too much lol

Edited by tekst

I just slapped on some Step steel for the first time, I love how high it is. Now I can lean my skate hard on crossovers without scraping the side of my vapors.

Do you guys profile the front (shave the toe)? or what do you guys recommend? I don't want a forward pitch but want to be able to make sharp turns.