Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 TPS Catalogue

First impression is WOW.

I like the look and the idea of the mutiple flex zone,The new r10 shin look confy and interesting and i liked the r8 shoulder pada so the r10 might be a improvement.Here in quebec we dont get a lot of the tops stuff but i liked the original rx10(one of my best stick with the stealth 05) and i would gladly try there new stick and the Bergeron curve seem close to my Yzerman (R.I.P) curve

Do the flex ratings go top/mid/bottom or the other way around?

Also interesting that the Nash curve is now listed as Slight Heel.

Edited by raygunpk

Are their shoulders made by Farrell now?

They introduced that before Farrell came to market with his pads.

Do the flex ratings go top/mid/bottom or the other way around?

Also interesting that the Nash curve is now listed as Slight Heel.

Lightest flex is at the top.

More flex zones = more areas for the stick to break IMO. And what is the actual retail price for those composite TPS plugs?

For someone that likes using Easton's 85 flex and NB's 77 flex, what flex would you guys suggest for the R10, whip or regular? I'm just thinking that with the whippy part being at the top that cutting this stick might stiffen it up at a faster rate than with other models.

By the way, I tend to cut my sticks down to about 56.5 inches or so.

Edited by Jason

For someone that likes using Easton's 85 flex and NB's 77 flex, what flex would you guys suggest for the R10, whip or regular? I'm just thinking that with the whippy part being at the top that cutting this stick might stiffen it up at a faster rate than with other models.

Whip, as Regular is 90ish

I'm using my R10 at 55" and it still feels close to an 80 ironically. One helluva snap and wrist shot off of the stick, slap is a bit lacking compared to some of my other less whippy sticks though.

I'm not sure that I want to venture into the 80 flex area. I'm happy with Easton's 85 and I feel that Bauer's 77 is actually about the same. Not sure what you guys think about that. I've always found that Bauer and Warrior sticks are stiffer as compared to Easton in the same flex rating. I would rather go to the 90-95 flex zone as opposed to the 75-80 flex zone, so should I go with the R flex then?

What do you think Spree?

I'll have to see who in my area is carrying the stick so I can go flex one and find out for sure.

Sign in to follow this