Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi all

I have a slight pronation problem on my left leg,

I have the grey, the heel lift is a little different and it takes a drop more volume

I ordered the Black superfeet, no heel lift and thin sole won't take up so much volume

I will report how the black work out too, the skate should fit better than the grey

I can't wait

Anybody use the black super feet???????

And does anybody notice less pronation with superfeet??????,

I did have some pressure on the outside of my left leg , I quess my foot was turning in and the top of the skate would hit just above the ankle. Please help Thanks so much

Howdy,

Black Superfeet, eh? I thought that's not possible because the Grey (and now Yellow) Superfeet are designed specifically for hockey skates. The arch area of the Grey/Yellow are different than the Black around the arch of the footbed, so you may have some kind of issue...but still, I'm eager to hear how you made out with them.

I believe any Superfeet will help with either pronation and supination of the feet. I supinate (quite badly too) and found that it helped in both my foot wear and also my skates. You will have a bit of weird feeling when using Superfeet because it realigns your feet, angle, knees and hips...so if you use them in your skates but not your normal shoes you will have those type of issues when going between those two. If you decided to use Superfeet in both skates and shoes, just be aware that after a certain amount of time (after 6 months or so) your legs will become accustomed to it and it is not recommended to stop using it without going to progressively softer and softer footbeds.

I swear by Superfeet (it's not for everyone), but if you still have issues, I'd recommend you see a doctor and asking aboot them. If you go to a shoe store...they may be biased to sell them to you.

Cheers

I have used black superfeet in my skates in the past with zero problems. I know JR has done as well. Not as much support as the grey but does allow for more volume. I currently use the grey but black still resides in my road cycling shoes and I swear by them for that sports

So I have Graf 535s skates and I'm getting some pain in the arch and on the outside of my foot (both at the same height). The pain only lasts as long as I have the skates on, and goes away as soon as I take them off. The skates are relatively new (only skated in them 5-6 times so far), so I'm hoping that the pain will go away once I've broken them in thoroughly. I have had them baked. I was wondering if an insole like Superfeet would help with the pain, or if this is some other issue. I have flat feet, so I'm not sure if Superfeet would help.

Any advice is appreciated.

I have very low arches, and superfeet have been of great help. They also cup your heel and the amount of arch support is for "low profile" arches. CCM also offers 3 different footbeds, take a look at booth ccm and superfeet. I'd also suggest you watch the videos on how to pick the right size superfeet, it has to do with how it cups your heel and not the length of the superfeet themselves. youtube it. good luck

I had similar issues with my Graf Ultra G5's, two years later I still haven't found the 100% sweet spot. I had them baked at time of purchase, then punched after two uses, then baked, and repunched. I never thought to try SuperFeet, so I'm wondering if they would have helped. At this point in time I'm ready to move on to a different skate, the CCM RBZ80 is in my budget and felt great when trying them on. I also tried them with the CCM Custom Footbed "Low" Arch version and they felt even better.

If you have a graf dealer near you go with sidas.

I have the same foot as you. Use to wear graf and sidas with no pain. Switched to bauer last year and kept the sidas. No pain at all in the bauers either.

So how much will Sidas, Superfeet, or CCM insoles run me? I'm willing to spend money in order to be comfortable in my skates, but over $40 is too much.

I could be the odd man out here but Superfeet did not work for me, I have flat feet and they actually caused me to have arch pain. I changed over to the ccm insoles and love them. The downside is the price they run around 50

So how much will Sidas, Superfeet, or CCM insoles run me? I'm willing to spend money in order to be comfortable in my skates, but over $40 is too much.

Sidas non custom and Superfeet are under $50. CCM's run $49.99

IMHO no amt of money is too much to have comfortable feet

I could be the odd man out here but Superfeet did not work for me, I have flat feet and they actually caused me to have arch pain. I changed over to the ccm insoles and love them. The downside is the price they run around 50

I am not a huge fan of Superfeet either. My arches start further back on my feet than the average foot. I went through the proper fitting to get the right size too. I just couldn't find a great feel. I'm currently debating whether I should try the CCMs or go for custom orthotics.

I agree. My son has flat feet and I got him Superfeet seeing some posts on here a while back indicating them helped some who had low arches. He was in agony. I kept him in them for a few times hoping he would get used to them, but ultimately took them out. He is happy as a clam without them.

I talked to the orthotists that work in my dept and they agreed that superfeet didn't make sense for flat feet. Some people seem to like them, but it's not a route they would go and they get paid to fit people for orthotics.

I guess the moral is a one size fits all approach won't work for all, but may work for some.

Super feet have a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like them they will refund your money. Does anyone know if CCM offers a similar guarantee?

I have low arches and Superfeet yellow work fine for me. There are plenty of threads here on Superfeet with information on how they've worked out for a lot of people. And people who've already shared their stories aren't as likely to post them again, in a new thread on the same subject.

Superfeet support your heel, not your arch. All you need to do is go to the website and click three times to get his information: http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/why-superfeet#the-science

It helps people who pronate by supporting the heel, from what I understand. Personally I do not like CCM's flat insole, I prefer Superfeet. I have somewhat of a flat foot, but its not wide nor is it extremely flat. It seems to support my foot and get my shin into the proper alignment via the heel support it provides. The fact it has some arch support is an added bonus. I had orthotics for years growing up. I dont know what you guys will get, but they didnt create my orthotic sans an arch, they created an arch on the orthotic to support my foot and get my heel and my shins in the proper alignment.

If you do some reading on forums and find out all the options, you can make a better decision than just asking a few people what their experiences are on a Hockey forum. Just my 2 cents. Hope you find a good fit.

I've been looking at the superfeet and CCM insoles for my skates. I've had good experiences with the superfeet in running shoes but I'm a little skeptical of how their heel cup structure will affect heel lock in my skate. Feedback from any users would be great.

As for the CCMs, I have a rather flat arch on a somewhat narrow foot (no real problem with most D-width skates) that overpronates. However, I'm skeptical about getting the low arch profile because I don't think it will give me any considerable bump in arch support over my current insoles. Thinking about bumping up to a medium arch.

Before anyone says it, yes, I'd love to try them out in person, but they're not carried in my area.

I've been looking at the superfeet and CCM insoles for my skates. I've had good experiences with the superfeet in running shoes but I'm a little skeptical of how their heel cup structure will affect heel lock in my skate. Feedback from any users would be great.

As for the CCMs, I have a rather flat arch on a somewhat narrow foot (no real problem with most D-width skates) that overpronates. However, I'm skeptical about getting the low arch profile because I don't think it will give me any considerable bump in arch support over my current insoles. Thinking about bumping up to a medium arch.

Before anyone says it, yes, I'd love to try them out in person, but they're not carried in my area.

Just as a reference point, the pain I'm experiencing only occurs when I'm on the ice applying force to the skates. It is a combo of arch pain and outer edge of the foot pain. Once I sit down on the bench and take a lot of weight off my skates, the pain is more or less gone. I've tried loosening the 3 or 4 eyelets on each side toward the toe for a looser fit in that area, but the fit feels sloppy and I don't feel like my foot is totally planted along the bottom of the skate to get the maximum force out of each stride. It almost feels like half my foot (the front half) is floating in the boot. If I tighten down the laces, my foot makes contact with the sole, and the skate feels great while sitting but hurts like no other when I stand up.

Open to any and all advice

Mission Pure Fly 10 D. Used pair in great shape. Not exactly sure what you mean by what I "measure out too", but I was fitted in a store (years ago, though my feet haven't grown since) for my last pair of skates before those which were a Mission L7, also D width. The L7s fit well but the boot is shot.

Does that help? Obviously this is a little tough as most people on MSH haven't worn these skates for about 9 years or so.

Yeah I have no clue how they fit.

I mean some people wear a larger skate bc the volume of their foot takes up enough space it pushes them up 1/2 a size.

I have a normal width foot, flattish arch, and skinnier heel, and I like the yellow superfeet better than the CCM insert because, as you said, I prefer my insole has some arch built in. All my orthotics did. I tried on a lot of boots, and got it down to a Vapor or a Supreme. I think the Vapor has a tiny bit tighter heel which I preferred, but the D vapor (a true D), while not really too wide, would have destroyed my arch, even with the superfeet. So I tried to find some used Vapors in EA, but it didn't work out so I bought some almost mint one100s in D (a true EA), that I put yellow superfeet in. First skate is tomorrow and I don't anticipate any issues. A little less room in the toe box would be ideal, but I didn't have someone I trusted to really fit me to buy a custom skate, and my LHS is out of Mako 's. This is the best I could do off the shelf.

Anyway, point is, I went through the same thing as you with a similar foot, and the superfeet felt better in both skates, and I have the low arch CCM insole at my LHS so I tried the both side by side.

Thanks for the advice. I realized that I have a very old (seems to be a common theme with me), uncut pair of superfeet blues sitting in a pair of racing flats. I'm pretty sure these insoles were also recommended for hockey skates back in the day before superfeet released the yellow version. Gonna try them out and if that doesn't work, buy a pair of the yellows. If THAT doesn't work, it's probably time for me to give up on 10 year old skates and see if anything new out there works for me.