Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

People that have seen this are raving about it, but I'm holding out. The newest full trailer has given me my "first chink in the armour" feeling about it and being hesitant.

I had a friend go to Kevin Smith's standup/talk thing that he does here in Toronto and apparently he told the crowd that he had seen a near finished version of Watchmen and that it was amazing (although I believe he also said he is a friend of the director, but I'd still trust Kevin Smith to tell it like it is).

I agree about the newest full trailer though, and I'm not really loving the promo posters that I've been seeing in the subway system here.

Can't view that clip because it says copyright won't allow it to work outside the US...I'll search around see if I can find another link.

People that have seen this are raving about it, but I'm holding out. The newest full trailer has given me my "first chink in the armour" feeling about it and being hesitant.

I had a friend go to Kevin Smith's standup/talk thing that he does here in Toronto and apparently he told the crowd that he had seen a near finished version of Watchmen and that it was amazing (although I believe he also said he is a friend of the director, but I'd still trust Kevin Smith to tell it like it is).

I agree about the newest full trailer though, and I'm not really loving the promo posters that I've been seeing in the subway system here.

Can't view that clip because it says copyright won't allow it to work outside the US...I'll search around see if I can find another link.

Kevin Smith also raves about Episodes I, II and III. I like his work but his taste and mine in movies isn't very similar.

Hey, it's possible this will be a great movie, although I really am not a fan of style over substance movies. The problem is this particular movie undoubtably is supposed to have a style, but that style should be the furthest thing from glossy.

So, on its own laurels, maybe this will be a great movie. As a representation of what is possibly the greatest graphic novel ever, it seems like it's going to fail miserably.

So, on its own laurels, maybe this will be a great movie. As a representation of what is possibly the greatest graphic novel ever, it seems like it's going to fail miserably.

With action sequences that are laughably bad, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it isn't going to be a great movie.

Well I've had my expectations lowered by the recent trailers but people I know that have seen it for reviews have liked it, so that's giving me a little hope.

I get to see Watchmen tonight, all of a day early. Trying to let any expectations I have leave right now so I don't get it too hyped up in my head, but it's kind of hard.

Megan Fox to do some more comic movies. i have never heard of either of the ones talked about in the article but as long as she is in a tight costume im happy:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuter...-movies-reuters

Oh Fathom. That will be sex. I know nothing else other than all of the scantly artwork- I think McFarlane or someone did a Fathom statue series a long while back.

fathomv3_0_big.jpg

Man. Just....man. I think people were spoiled with Dark Knight being a comic book movie because no one's living up to it, especially if they're bringing to life one of the most popular works around.

No, not really. Overall it wasn't tho I did like some parts. I've been handing out the (sort of) bad news to friends who've asked and are ready to go at midnight tonight. I mean it's not horrible and I wouldn't say to not go see it, I just held it to high expectations.

I agree with mack on the verdict as I saw it as well. I enjoyed some parts of the movie while others not so much. If you end up seeing it, don't expect a lot and you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised.

It was ok. Followed the book closely for the most part. Oddly enough the things that they used "creative license" on were mainly lots of blue dick on the screen and the gratuitous overly-long sex scene with Dave and Lori neither of which were in the book all that much. I think the sex scene had what? 3-5 really quick panels and all of the 'bits' are covered whereas in the movie it was basically skinemax @ 3am. Same thing for Manhattan dong. It's in like 3 frames of the book and is otherwise covered up for the most part, but in the film it's like a schlong showcase.

Didn't help that my wife and I couldn't really concentrate on the film because some idiot parents brought their 5-7 year old kids to the movie. Seriously.

When Rorschach is telling the story about killing the child murderer the little 8 year old girl says during otherwise complete silence, as Rorschach is driving a clever into his brain, "why did he do that daddy?". I mean damn, leave your freaking pre-schoolers home for rated R movies.

The change to the end was 'eh, ok'. I purposely didn't follow anything on the film up to the release so that was a surprise for me. Not bad but not great either.

I was just reading Zach Snyder had to chop about an hour from the movie to get it down to 2.5 for the Warner Bros execs, so here's hoping for a 3.5 hour director's cut DVD.

I should be seeing it in the next few days.

Would I be accurate in saying that enthusiasts of the novel will experience some level of disappointment, but when viewed simply as another movie it's not a bad flick?

I guess I'm in the minority....I thought it was excellent. A few minor complaints, but overall I enjoyed it immensely.

I saw it last night.

Going into it with no Watchmen experience, other than being aware of the basic GN plot line. I thought it was enjoyable. I don't think it will appeal to the mass audiences and I heard Watchman fans giving it mediocre reviews leaving the theater.

Don't take your little kids to it either.

If anything it makes me want to pick up the GN now.

Reading the GN before seeing it I am sure it would have been more enjoyable. I thought it was long and drawn out, definitely not as cool as the previews made it look like. A fairly entertaining bit, just not what I expected.

Reading the GN before seeing it I am sure it would have been more enjoyable. I thought it was long and drawn out, definitely not as cool as the previews made it look like. A fairly entertaining bit, just not what I expected.

I would say it's better to watch it and then read it as the book's always better than the movie. I'll check this out on BR when they get the director's cut/Black Freighter added.

I enjoyed the movie, definitely didn't stand up to the GN, but a decent movie.

I have to agree about the blue bits in every second scene and the scinemax love scene. Neither were necessary.

I'm very curious about the director's cut.

I do wonder if the spread of movies like Dark Knight where the dark tone and anti-hero are used have desensitized viewers to just how different and unusual this GN was and lessened the impact of the movie.