Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Blackstone Flat-Bottom V Thread

Looks Like Middle December first of January for the X01, The X02 are coming off now and they are sweet. If you know about ROH (radius of hollow) this will make sense......with the spinner system we can put what ever shape that we want on the wheel. Traditional single point dressing systems allowed us to only put a radius in the blade (one type of shape). Since the wheel is what puts the"edge" on the skate, this allows us to experiment with different types of shapes that can go onto the blade. We came up with a lot of different types of shapes however they did not work so well, when we came up with the Flat Bottom V (FBV) we instantly knew we were onto something because of the feedback. If you can picture your blades being sharpened totally flat, however the edges come down slightly (.5 thousands of an inch) on an angle (hense the FBV) depending on the angle is how much bite you have, so basically you can set someone up that feels like they are skating on a 2" ROH with the "bite angle" of a 5/8 ROH. The FBV allows you to have 3 different parameters, width of the flat, depth of the flat and the angle of the edge, where the ROH only has one parameter which is the depth of the Radius. Through beta sites and through test skating we have found that we have 7 different FBV . We are in the middle of the qualitative test and have some information from our beta site, university players and NHL players. We are having testing done by a University to quantify the results of the testing that we have done. After we have all of the information we are going to have it quantified. Which means that it will be available very soon. Sorry for the long winded message just wanted to give some back ground.

Looks Like Middle December first of January for the X01, The X02 are coming off now and they are sweet. If you know about ROH (radius of hollow) this will make sense......with the spinner system we can put what ever shape that we want on the wheel. Traditional single point dressing systems allowed us to only put a radius in the blade (one type of shape). Since the wheel is what puts the"edge" on the skate, this allows us to experiment with different types of shapes that can go onto the blade. We came up with a lot of different types of shapes however they did not work so well, when we came up with the Flat Bottom V (FBV) we instantly knew we were onto something because of the feedback. If you can picture your blades being sharpened totally flat, however the edges come down slightly (.5 thousands of an inch) on an angle (hense the FBV) depending on the angle is how much bite you have, so basically you can set someone up that feels like they are skating on a 2" ROH with the "bite angle" of a 5/8 ROH. The FBV allows you to have 3 different parameters, width of the flat, depth of the flat and the angle of the edge, where the ROH only has one parameter which is the depth of the Radius. Through beta sites and through test skating we have found that we have 7 different FBV . We are in the middle of the qualitative test and have some information from our beta site, university players and NHL players. We are having testing done by a University to quantify the results of the testing that we have done. After we have all of the information we are going to have it quantified. Which means that it will be available very soon. Sorry for the long winded message just wanted to give some back ground.

Wow... that really sounds like one hell of an idea.

Excellent. And unlike some companies who market stuff without any independent testing, it's refreshing to see BS have all their ducks in a row, with quantifiable data.

Would not the alignment become very, very critical?

If you are a bit off on square edges with a regular hollow - you can still skate.

if you are off on flat bottom - you will not have any edge on one side and a dull edge on the other?

bad regular hollow

. .

. .

bad flat bottom hollow

. .

. . . . . . . .

?

Sorry dots are not posting right...

Edited by t-bone

The holder being level and on center of the blade would probably be most critical. Think about it, if the holder was cocked slightly you would have different thicknesses of your edges. This could be a big problem as far as wear and breakage. My guess is the holder height would have to be checked using an indicator.

Btw, anyone want to buy my used Wissota? This thing sounds awesome.

Would not the alignment become very, very critical?

If you are a bit off on square edges with a regular hollow - you can still skate.

if you are off on flat bottom - you will not have any edge on one side and a dull edge on the other?

bad regular hollow

. .

. .

bad flat bottom hollow

. .

. . . . . . . .

?

Sorry dots are not posting right...

It's a great question T-Bone. you always will have an edge it just won't be pronounced, however you are correct if someone does not sharpen your skates with equal edges you will not have the "bite". The sharpener is going to have to check the edges to make sure that they have bothe edges on the blade. It is just as easy to sharpen the FBV as it is to sharpen an ROH.

Finally decided to buy a sharpener and based off this post I am going to buy the X01.....Where can I buy one?

Also I would like to see a video of the spinner and exactly how it works... I am a picture guy, I think I understand but want to know exactly before I buy.

Thanks

A Video is coming out probably in a week that will be posted on the site. It is a full instructional video that will come with the machine however we thought it would be cool to have it on site. It will show how the spinner works.

A Video is coming out probably in a week that will be posted on the site. It is a full instructional video that will come with the machine however we thought it would be cool to have it on site. It will show how the spinner works.

No can do on a blademaster. Your going to have to come over to the dark side.

I put the FBV spinner on the Stealth and sharpened

my own skates this morning and went for a skate

and all I have to say is WOW. I have been sharpening

my own skates for 22 yrs and that is the best they

ever felt.

That X01 looks great.

I have no idea how to sharpen skates, but i want to learn.

I would definitely buy this thing and sharpen my own skates.

+1. You should offer some classes with the purchase of one ;)