Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Blackstone Flat-Bottom V Thread

Thanks OTG.

One question though, what do those numbers represent ?

Best to ask Steve from Blackstone hard to explain.

The 75/100 from what i understand feels like your skating on a 2" hollow when going straight but it has an edge similar to a 3/8ths on the outside edge |\___/| looking something like this....instead of the typical U shape from most hollows.

You dont sink in the ice as deep but you have the bite when you need it on corners.

I get the principle behind it, just was curious if it was a percentage of the blade that was flat or something like that.

You answered my question, though with the translation, ie 75/100 equals 2" ROH in terms of glide, and 3/8 in terms of edge bite.

I currently skate on 3/4...so more like the 95/100 ?

I get the principle behind it, just was curious if it was a percentage of the blade that was flat or something like that.

You answered my question, though with the translation, ie 75/100 equals 2" ROH in terms of glide, and 3/8 in terms of edge bite.

I currently skate on 3/4...so more like the 95/100 ?

Yes that is correct you may love the 95/100 right from the get go as I did. However I am telling you for overall speed you have to try the 75/100 its the bees knees just takes a little getting used to with the extra sharpness but the glide is amazing.

I put the FBV spinner on the Stealth and sharpened

my own skates this morning and went for a skate

and all I have to say is WOW. I have been sharpening

my own skates for 22 yrs and that is the best they

ever felt.

Were is your store located?

We are located in Salmon Arm B.C. I can say our

customers are loving it. We do about 300 pr a

week and i think within another 2 weeks 75% will

be done with the fbv.

OTG...Any plans to offer the service in Toronto ?

Now available at the Markham store as well.

The only stores set up for it will be (BUT NOT YET)

Brampton

Mississauga (Dixie)

Concord

Barrie

Stores that have it now

Oakville

Markham

We are located in Salmon Arm B.C. I can say our

customers are loving it. We do about 300 pr a

week and i think within another 2 weeks 75% will

be done with the fbv.

What FBV is the nost popular ? Have people been doing much experimenting ?

Tried 75/100 FBV on my son's skates...didn't notice much of a difference besides the sharper edges.

For my son, hardly a "wow" experience. Maybe it makes a bigger difference for heavier players. Might try it myself to see if I can feel a difference.

Tried 75/100 FBV on my son's skates...didn't notice much of a difference besides the sharper edges.

For my son, hardly a "wow" experience. Maybe it makes a bigger difference for heavier players. Might try it myself to see if I can feel a difference.

How old is he and what level of player? Oh yes and how much does he weigh?

Not to mention the fact that some people notice their edges more than others.

Not to mention the fact that some people notice their edges more than others.

Truly think if you dont tell them what your doing and do a blind test you really can tell the difference. i guess I am sort of lucky having a room at the rink and being able to do the test and get instant results.

Western Mich. got the BS setup (portable and base) with FBVs. They did a blind run with some of the kids, and they absolutely Loved them. Told my boy there to try with the goalies next time, and report back.

OTG,

He is an 8 year old. Weighs in at about 75 pounds, soaking wet. Plays T1 in the NYHL (the highest level in Toronto for his age group) ...his team is going as a group to becoming an AAA team next year. Skating wise, fwd and backward crosscuts are about perfect, has a great stride. Very agile dipsy doodler type. His skating is at the top of his age group.

I am not saying that it was bad, he just didn't think it was that big of a deal. For info purposes, he does feel his edges quite well; always commenting about when he needs a sharp, and which sharpening shop he prefers etc. He definitely noticed the sharper edges, but he didn't think the glide was very different.

I think we will try it for a few more skates and see how he feels about it after that. Any other feedback would be great!

I may be seeing it the wrong way, but isn't that sort of what you want? . . . the kid ended up with sharper edges, and didn't notice much of a difference in the glide. If he had a normal hollow put into the skates with a depth to give the "sharpness" he felt with the FBV, he probably would have felt like he was skating through a swamp.

Could be.

Perhaps I was expecting more based early reports. Still think it may be that it makes a bigger difference for heavier players. Don't get me wrong, not really a complaint. More of an observation.

Could be.

Perhaps I was expecting more based early reports. Still think it may be that it makes a bigger difference for heavier players. Don't get me wrong, not really a complaint. More of an observation.

The fact that he feels more bite but isn't noticing any lag in glide says that it is better.

for someone like me who is always tinkering with my hollow, this honestly sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I really hope we get it in st. louis soon, or i'm going to start sending my steel out for sharpenings.

for someone like me who is always tinkering with my hollow, this honestly sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I really hope we get it in st. louis soon, or i'm going to start sending my steel out for sharpenings.

If I get a bit of cash, I just might be your man.

JR you're moving to st. louis?!

Could be.

Ok here is the next thing he should notice at his age then.

In a game situation or a long practice he should not feel as worn out muscle wise at the end of the game. Mentally he may be pooped as he is trying hard but his muscles will have to work less.

|\___/|

| |

This is what he is skating on now compared to a traditional Sharpening were it is the |\ /|

| \_/ |

| |

OK so the second picture isnt the best !! But you get the picture that you have no choice but to sink further in the Ice on anything 5/8ths or sharper. Were as witht he FBV double hollow you sit more on the ice.

I would have to agree that more weight will make a difference after thing about it more.

Ok when I previewed it it would come up the way I wanted

What an 8 year old player may say is that it is "more slippery", it is hard for someone that young to feel the difference. I know I too have an 8 year old. it is impresive that he could feel the bite.

The st. Louis Blues are using it. To bad they are not open to the public the equipment manager is a really good sharpener. Johnny Macs may be getting it in at some point.

The Jock shop in Salmon Arm ask for kevin. I think he is a member of Mod Squad known as Canoebear.

Anywhere stores around Vancouver, BC that a person could try out the FBV?

Well thats news to me. I work for J.Mac's and had no idea. I take it we won't have it at my store since we use a blademaster.

I'll see if I can get bert to do my skates. Does he actually use the FBV system or is he just using the regular spinners? Or are the regular spinners part of the FBV system? does that make any sense?

What an 8 year old player may say is that it is "more slippery", it is hard for someone that young to feel the difference. I know I too have an 8 year old. it is impresive that he could feel the bite.

The st. Louis Blues are using it. To bad they are not open to the public the equipment manager is a really good sharpener. Johnny Macs may be getting it in at some point.

The Jock shop in Salmon Arm ask for kevin. I think he is a member of Mod Squad known as Canoebear.

Anywhere stores around Vancouver, BC that a person could try out the FBV?

FBV is a Spinner. It's the only way you can shape the wheel with a flat hollow.

JR you're moving to st. louis?!

No. Gonna offer me a job?